Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

• 1 month later...

Every time i see this guy play he looks so impressive he is the best striker in the world with his back to goal and links play so well he would be perfect for us and we could get him for cheap! if our board has any sense then they should have him at the top of their list for a new striker!

Lewandowski is an absolute beast. The way he holds the line with Dortmunds fluid players behind him really leaves me thinking that he is the ideal choice to fit our assult. Oscar, Hazard, Mata and Lewa would be one freaky attack.

Lewandowski is an absolute beast. The way he holds the line with Dortmunds fluid players behind him really leaves me thinking that he is the ideal choice to fit our assult. Oscar, Hazard, Mata and Lewa would be one freaky attack.

exactly he is already used to the type of system we play not only would he score goals for fun for us he would also help get the best out of Mata, Hazard and Oscar with his great hold up play and the way he can link play with the players behind him, he would be a perfect fit for us.

I doubt he would come over, he mite go to Bayern. But he is the kind of player Chelsea should target if we are to adapt the current system rather than chasing the Falcaos and Cavanis who are way to costly plus Falcao mite not even be that successful in our system. Lewandowski would be a better and cheaper option for us plus as suggested by Pacquiao he would not only thrive in our setup but would be beneficial to the others. I really hope that we really get him.

The thing is, only reason he would leave Dortmund (its fans, atmosphere and team chemistry) is when he wants to experience other leagues, because Dortmund is very capable of winning Bundesliga and UCL. Plus the price will be golden for a golden striker.

The thing is, only reason he would leave Dortmund (its fans, atmosphere and team chemistry) is when he wants to experience other leagues, because Dortmund is very capable of winning Bundesliga and UCL. Plus the price will be golden for a golden striker.

Lewandowski only has a year left on his contract, making him much cheaper this summer than some of the other 'golden strikers'. He has many times spoken of his dream to one day play in the Premier League so he must at least be thinking of leaving, why else would he not have signed the extension by now?

If we're to buy a striker in the summer and ignore Lukaku's massive development over the season, Lewandowski would probably be my pick. He's definitely one of the best available strikers out there this summer but he'd go for a much cheaper price and in my opinion would suit our squad better than someone like Falcao. Lewandowski's link-up play is much better, having played with the likes of Götze, Reus etc. under Jürgen Klopp whose team is playing much like our's should.

Or to earn more money. I'm sure Chelsea would pay him a lot more than Dortmund do now.

Only problem is that he needs like 3 chances to score one. I think he's a better team player as a target man than an actuall finisher, and I'm not sure it's the best for us when we already tends to miss quite alot of chances for time to time. I agree he's the perfect link up for our am's, I just wouldn't want us to so naive infront of goal. An option that's for sure.

Only problem is that he needs like 3 chances to score one. I think he's a better team player as a target man than an actuall finisher, and I'm not sure it's the best for us when we already tends to miss quite alot of chances for time to time. I agree he's the perfect link up for our am's, I just wouldn't want us to so naive infront of goal. An option that's for sure.

Slightly disagree with that. I agree that his finishing can still improve but he's definitely not as wasteful as you're making him out to be. He has scored 28 goals in 39 appearances in all competitions for Dortmund this season and 21 of those have been in the Bundesliga, where he is the current leading goalscorer. Furthermore, he has netted 67 goals in 126 appearances for Dortmund and here's the breakdown:

2010/11

Bundesliga: 33 apps(8 as subs) - 8 goals

German Cup: 2 apps(1 as sub) - 0 goal

Europa League: 6 apps(5 as subs) - 1 goal

2011/12

Bundesliga: 34 apps - 22 goals

German Cup: 6 apps - 7 goals

Champions League: 6 apps - 1 goal

2012/13

Bundesliga: 25 apps - 21 goals

German Cup: 4 apps - 1 goal

Champions League: 10 apps (1 as sub) - 6 goals

Should note that he wasn't first the choice ST for Dortmund in 2010/11 because Lucas Barrios was still there then and he primarily had to play behind ST, which Lewandowski admitted it helped him to improve the link up play and all that. So, if you take only this current ongoing season and last season, Lewandowski has scored 58 goals in 85 appearances for Dortmund. The amount of could be higher but as it is, the tally is already impressive when one look at it.

I didnt say he doesnt score a lot of goals, i know his stats, but i watch Dortmund a lot and i think he's more wasteful than many other top strikers. he isnt bad at it, but he isnt great at finishing. Its like Higuain, his numbers are great but can you say he doesnt waste a alot of chances? he is. Lewandowski make up for it with his good link up play with his teamates and his understanding of the game, he's a very clever footballer, +Dorumund plays with very attacking approach and off course wonderfull football and they create lots of chances for themselves.

what a class finish last night i knew he was tidy infront of net but that was another level cool.. sign him up.. I once believed only cavani + falcao could do the job here.. but its coming more clear that this soon to be 25 yr old will be more than adequate and 1 goal in 3 attempts is still 33% goal ratio which is still bloody impressive

Lewandowski only has a year left on his contract, making him much cheaper this summer than some of the other 'golden strikers'. He has many times spoken of his dream to one day play in the Premier League so he must at least be thinking of leaving, why else would he not have signed the extension by now?

If we're to buy a striker in the summer and ignore Lukaku's massive development over the season, Lewandowski would probably be my pick. He's definitely one of the best available strikers out there this summer but he'd go for a much cheaper price and in my opinion would suit our squad better than someone like Falcao. Lewandowski's link-up play is much better, having played with the likes of Götze, Reus etc. under Jürgen Klopp whose team is playing much like our's should.

Or to earn more money. I'm sure Chelsea would pay him a lot more than Dortmund do now.

Fair points from both of you. Wasn't aware he had only 1 year in his contract with Borussia Dortmund. For me he is equal with Cavani but I prefer both of them over Falcao. Plus thinking of team chemistry and link up play, I have more hopes of Lewandowski to not as much as succeed, but fitting into the current Chelsea squad. He doesn't come across as a superstar with a diva attitude

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You