Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to think Torres is an attention whore, he'll do anything to stay in the headlines. ;)

All kidding aside, this was the first game for Chelsea I've seen Torres' sublime movement along with great passes from his teammates. Fun, fun to watch. If they build on it rather let today's disappointment tear them down, Chelsea will be fine and will be very tough for United at Stamford Bridge.

I just figure he can't ever miss that badly again but that link-up is now being seen. Don't fucking lose it, please.

I agree, we should take the best of this game and work on those mistakes.

I do hope you're right there! Boas dropped him for the Sunderland game partly because Torres wasn't pulling his weight on the goals front

If in arguement's sake Boas was to drop Torres, I hope it's not because of that miss...

Same.Hopfully he'll play him Weds...chance to get it back and all

BEST MOMENT

Chelsea's fans singing 'We're gonna win the league' at the final whistle, drowning out the 70,000- plus home support, despite suffering a defeat that had been on the cards since early in the first half.

From Chelseafc.com

HEADS UP GUYS! NOTHING'S OVER.

Glad to hear. Chin up boys! Still a lot of football to be played this year.

this type of game only keeps the moral high. True we could not take our chances. but as a fan of football I want my team to play like this. We are the better team without any doubt. Only concern after this match is our defense.

Yeah, think this could be the difference between winning a trophy or not. Very suspect back there and I'm afraid you can't really "fix" as it looks like the CBs aside from Luiz can't cope with pace. So it's either buy a younger and pacier CB in January and pair him up with gonzo Luiz or pull the line way, way back. The latter will impact the rest of Chelsea's game though...

Tough situation. It may be that Chelsea hangs on as much as possible and address the defense in January or next summer.

I'm beginning to think Torres is an attention whore, he'll do anything to stay in the headlines. ;)

All kidding aside, this was the first game for Chelsea I've seen Torres' sublime movement along with great passes from his teammates. Fun, fun to watch. If they build on it rather let today's disappointment tear them down, Chelsea will be fine and will be very tough for United at Stamford Bridge.

I just figure he can't ever miss that badly again but that link-up is now being seen. Don't fucking lose it, please.

Exactly. That's why I'm hoping for a midfielder with a great eye for the final pass to join or maybe a new winger so Mata can move into the middle.

He needs to work on his shooting though, he keeps making poor connections with the ball in his shots (except for when scored of course). And that's the main reason why he's been missing chances.

I do hope you're right there! Boas dropped him for the Sunderland game partly because Torres wasn't pulling his weight on the goals front

If in arguement's sake Boas was to drop Torres, I hope it's not because of that miss...

Torres wont be dropped just because he missed that goal. Look at it this way: You never know if DD would have scored. Maybe he couldnt have gotten past the keeper. Maybe Anelka wouldnt have made that run for the pass.

Sincerely, i see more positives from this game. Lampard is past it. JT is horrible. We can actually play a ball and make passes at a reasonable pace. Remember AVB said we shall start seeing the team play differently when we start playing 2 or more games per week. we started with bayer 04, man u, then fulham midweek. things look good

Thank you AVB.

All in all good game.. we lacked confidence, but it's growing by the game.. the game we played was solid and i felt that under AVB Chelsea games against Manu are much less stressful.. 3-1 isnt the greatest of results but not a trashing at least! :)

Can't really point out any BAD players to blame the defeat on.. football requires luck and we just lacked that tonight..

And like wise Zolayes summed up greatly about mocking headlines of tomorrow - who gives a fuck?

one thing i keep seeing is that JT and Lamps are not so agile and ready to fight for every open ball.. lack that killer instinct.. i thought the subs were good.. maybe Mikel didnt climatize that quickly.. but all in all .. AVB did good..

In a way Utd deserved the win but regardless of the loss.. lets take positives out of this game and move on bcs surely the title won't be decided by this sole game so early in the season..

Edited by SinineUltra

BEST MOMENT

Chelsea's fans singing 'We're gonna win the league' at the final whistle, drowning out the 70,000- plus home support, despite suffering a defeat that had been on the cards since early in the first half.

From Chelseafc.com

HEADS UP GUYS! NOTHING'S OVER.

Precisely.

There still a home leg that awaits.

Anyways, AVB has given a good account of himself with that brand of attacking football.

BUT, like some of the pundits said, he should approach a slightly more cautious approach when visiting stadiums like Eastland, Trafford, Anfield etc.., if he wants to leave with a result.

Otherwise we'll transform merely into another Arsene Wenger side. And considering what happened to Big Phil, I think AVB should be a little careful as well.

What should've AVB done? Parked the bus and thrown all what he has said in the media in the water? Attractive and creative football?

You have to note that no tactics could've saved us from conceding in this match, they are simply on top of their game and we are not.

It's certainly something we've got wrong because were always behind United and it costs us dearly when we get it wrong at first, either it's the game plan, tactics or some strategy United come out on top, I don't think it's our players.

Guest justin_3d

defence was very shaky

need mikel ..

midfield 3 ramires mikel mereiles ...sorry Frank youre benched

Yeah you are right.

I think Mereiles can do better then Lampard now.

And as we saw today Mikel is needed. Which is something i did not thought before. So i got that wrong as well.

But Lampard being bench, is a no brainier by now. Lampard will now be more influential as a super sub.

Sturridge needs to improve.

Bosingwa was horrible at defending.

This is the next problem to fix.

What we are going to do? Play Ivan as RB and play David Luiz in CB?

And not to mention, i don't think A. Cole has been at it's best like in the past.

So i want to see Ryan getting some game time as well.

Sturridge as you mention needs improving.

And last Lukaku coming in at last...i did not saw much of him. I don't think the kid is ready. I rather see Malouda come in as a super sub then Lukaku today.

We played really well imo, Torres did a great game but the miss is of course unexplainable... See it from the bright side, Torres made a wonderful goal, our team played very well in the offensive runs. We just need to do more goals on our chances and be more disciplined in the back 4. Great entertaining game, we will win the league (as the fans sang at the final whistle). :blue scalf:

Many applause to Villas-Boas too for being a man and taking out Lamps, hes the boss and no player will be bigger than the club!

Edited by whinni09

We played really well imo, Torres did a great game but the miss is of course unexplainable... See it from the bright side, Torres made a wonderful goal, our team played very well in the offensive runs. We just need to do more goals on our chances and be more disciplined in the back 4. Great entertaining game, we will win the league (as the fans sang at the final whistle). :blue scalf:

I'm a Torres homer. That said the first goal was quality. The miss. Words escape me. The only thing I can possibly think is he rushed it. Even so... wow.

And last Lukaku coming in at last...i did not saw much of him. I don't think the kid is ready. I rather see Malouda come in as a super sub then Lukaku today.

Yeah, I was thinking the same as well. The kid has still a lot to learn, if he wants to become anything like Drogba.

Anyways looking forward to a REACTION in the Carling cup.

Hopefully it will be an opportunity for AVB to try out Bertrand and McEachran. Plus Fernando's found his feet at last, even Graeme Souness and Gary Neville admitted to that. Also Didier's coming back to fitness so its far from doom and gloom!