Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What positives to take, we lost thats the bottom line. We have been taking positives since last season nothing happens with the so called positives. We lost because of defensive errors and also because we failed to take our finishing boots with us.

United has been clearly having an upper hand on us since the last 5 games now. Last season despite having one of their worst team they still had the upper hand and we were left with only positives. Why the hell cant our team have that mentality to go out and get nothing but a win, why should we keep failing at such moment, why cant we have the mentality like that of United to kill the game when it is wanted. Damn, it is really frustrating!

Lets face it, not not likely to get decisions at Old Trafford, the offsides showed that.

Although we lost, we didnt play badly, our movement and passing in the final third was something new and impressive, we havent played through the middle like that for years, and its all down to Mata, as much as Boas denies it, he has brought him in to provide for Torres and on todays evidence its going to work, Torres had more chances in this one game than he has had since joining us and it was great to see, the old Torres is back. Its just a real shame about that miss, as said the media will focus on that and not Rooneys scuffed pen or him hitting the post from 6 yards out.

Torres took his goal brilliantly, more of the same please.

Lets face it, Man Utd are on fire and we equalled them today, they got lucky, very lucky.

I think we had an excellet game compared to the one we had against United with Ancelotti. We had tons of chances, we pressed them quite a bit. Had we scored even half of the decent chances we had then it would have been a draw at least. Mata had a great performance. He ditched the game together, neat passes and even the corners we get seem dangerous unlike last season when we rarely even got a head to it.

Lampard is past it. I'd love if we'd keep him till he retires though but he has to drop to the bench and be a super-sub. He doesn't have the speed nor vision anymore to help us. Remember the seasons where he used to terrorise defenders with his bullet-like shots? Rarely see them anymore.

My verdict on today is that Andre Villas-Boas is the right man for us. We weren't beaten tactically but mentally and simply by clinical finishing by United. Day and night compared to games under Ancelotti. Remember, this was United who is supposedly on killing streak form and at their home ground. I'm happy for some reason. Come on Chels, KTBFFH

Decent game.

Considering they led 3-0 at half-time, 3-1 will suit me fine. Considering 2 of their goals were offside and the third was their only legitimate goal, I'm quite satisfied. Feel so damn sorry for Torres, but hey! If he can score the difficult ones, and make runs to set himself up for the easy ones, that's something right? #clutchingstraws.

I want Lukaku to start the next game as a CF though.

Are you fucking crazy ? Torres make a really good match, despite that poor mistake. Torres is a striker for a big team, honestly Lukaku looks like the new Ali Dia and not the new Drogba, he is not a finished material. When he arrived he just fucked with our game.

It was the stupidest thing you wrote in this forum.

What positives to take, we lost thats the bottom line. We have been taking positives since last season nothing happens with the so called positives. We lost because of defensive errors and also because we failed to take our finishing boots with us.

United has been clearly having an upper hand on us since the last 5 games now. Last season despite having one of their worst team they still had the upper hand and we were left with only positives. Why the hell cant our team have that mentality to go out and get nothing but a win, why should we keep failing at such moment, why cant we have the mentality like that of United to kill the game when it is wanted. Damn, it is really frustrating!

Mate.. there's a difference between taking a loss in a good way or a bad way.. bcs if you dont pick yourself up right away youll keep loosing.. SURELY this wasn't a title deciding match and focusing on the positives gets you forward not pointing out only the negatives and sulking.. that is what shows a true team spirit and character..having the ability to regroup and get on with it

Are you fucking crazy ? Torres make a really good match, despite that poor mistake. Torres is a striker for a big team, honestly Lukaku looks like the new Ali Dia and not the new Drogba, he is not a finished material. When he arrived he just fucked with our game.

It was the stupidest thing you wrote in this forum.

The most ironic stance ever.

You judge an 18 year old on the basis of one game?

I knew you have a 'character' on here, but come on! Give the guy a fucking chance!

He just played his second ever game for the club against the high-roller of the league!

Abour Lukaku: I will go crazy if anyone ask him to replace Torres in next game. Torres played really good in his last two matches. Today I saw a striker that can decide a game playing for us again. I hope that mistake doesn't affect his confidence.

To other side, when I watch Lukaku I cant see a Chelsea player or even a player for the high level of the PL. The best thing for us is send him for a team like Stoke or Wigan or even a Championship side.

Guest justin_3d

I think we had an excellet game compared to the one we had against United with Ancelotti. We had tons of chances, we pressed them quite a bit. Had we scored even half of the decent chances we had then it would have been a draw at least. Mata had a great performance. He ditched the game together, neat passes and even the corners we get seem dangerous unlike last season when we rarely even got a head to it.

Lampard is past it. I'd love if we'd keep him till he retires though but he has to drop to the bench and be a super-sub. He doesn't have the speed nor vision anymore to help us. Remember the seasons where he used to terrorise defenders with his bullet-like shots? Rarely see them anymore.

My verdict on today is that Andre Villas-Boas is the right man for us. We weren't beaten tactically but mentally and simply by clinical finishing by United. Day and night compared to games under Ancelotti. Remember, this was United who is supposedly on killing streak form and at their home ground. I'm happy for some reason. Come on Chels, KTBFFH

I too don't feel that bad.

I feel more confident now with AVB then with any manager in the past....well with the exception of Hiddink, and park the bus Mourinho!

But AVB has shown great quality today. Out of all the managers we had in the past with the Roman era, i am liking him the most. And that is after having Hiddink as my fav. manager since i was like 8!

I remember before this game, AVB said it was not time for the youth. Well now that this high pressure game is over, and AVB pass his baptism of fire (which i believe that is what it was, and he did good) AVB should now focus on the evolution of our youth!

After Calming down a little.

We played really well, except the offside goal and the defensive howler we were the better team. The stats show that.

Nani's goal was something we could not stop though we gave him far too much room. had rammy scored and made it 1-1 we would have seen a different game.

we also saw two sides of Torres Today, the goal he scored was sublime then the easier chance he had he missed.

though the Media will be all over united saying they are the best team in the world etc. I can honestly say from this game we look like a threat we were the better team but unfortunately the result is all that matters.

Though i love the fact AVB goes to Old Trafford and plays football instead of defending all game. I think we have no chance of winning the league this season and i hope we finish in the top 4 , but Mata is a god send.

Keep the Faith , we were VERY unlucky.

Edited by Krypt

The most ironic stance ever.

You judge an 18 year old on the basis of one game?

I knew you have a 'character' on here, but come on! Give the guy a fucking chance!

He just played his second ever game for the club against the high-roller of the league!

You realized what he wrote ? Lukaku to replace Torres in next game...if you also believe that Lukaku can add more to our game right now than Torres, when he finally is playing good again then you are hopeless.

Lukaku right now is not a player ready to play in Chelsea, you dont need more than few minutes to realize that. He can take his chances in Stoke or in another side. Sturridge had to prove his talents at Bolton, why in the hell Lukaku, that played all his life in a league that is 10 times worst than brazilian league would suddenly become a starting XI and put Torres on the bench ?

Edited by Henrique

What about Mata again, his balls were just pure class. Strange game that, especially when Fergie admits we coudlve got 3 in the first half. We were without doubt the better team, the Skysports Pundit seemed to be on a general consensus over that too - however its just that clinical finishing we missed. Utd 5 shots, 3 goals. The difference is just confidence, which Utd are oozing. Rooney can go home smiling though, because he played worst that Torres today who will go home unhappy despite the fact he that played quite well. Overall though I'm happy with our performance, if we lost 1-0 and were negative it;d be a hell of a lot worse that what happened today. Let's face it 2 offside goals and 1 fluke isn't something I'd be too proud of, Utd's " brilliance" has been so exaggerated its unreal.

Anelka yet again pulled off a great cameo, fantastic by Boas to have the guts too take Lampsy off. Even though we know hes not the Lamps of old, the media and pundits coudlve really exploited that. The only negative was some shabby defending, a one off for Cole too but I must say I was shitting myself over set pieces. What the hell were we doing for the first goal, even though it was clearly offside. These little cracks will be addressed, I mean it's just a matter of time with the quality our defence avail.

BTW who's watching real Madrid v Levante - they had a silence, with a sad song playing in the background.

Edited by Eviltwinz93