Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

lets name this forum "torres talk forum" and call it a day... the worst thing is they want torres to play and still call themselves "chelsea fans"

I know, we're such dicks for wanting our marquee signing to do well and giving him credit where credit is due. The guy only scored our single goal today. Mug.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, we're such dicks for wanting our marquee signing to do well and giving him credit where credit is due. The guy only scored our single goal today. Mug.

i m sorry dude. i dint realise that the only criteria to judge a person's performance is by the numnber of goals he scored in the match. my bad..

i m sorry dude. i dint realise that the only criteria to judge a person's performance is by the numnber of goals he scored in the match. my bad..

Torres has been judged on that since he's been here. Even when he plays well "meh, he still didn't score"

What are you on about? like he's the only player to have ever missed a sitter.

mate do yourself a favour and put that mug in the ignore section ....I did it last week and now his bullshit goes unnoticed :) apparently you can't want our record signing to succeed without being an enemy of CHELSEA in that clowns eyes

lets name this forum "torres talk forum" and call it a day... the worst thing is they want torres to play and still call themselves "chelsea fans"

Yes, he scored our goal and could have had a Hattrick and an Assist. Lets face it. Since Torres came , Torres has scored 2 goals and Drogba and Anelka 3 goals each. And going by today's performance, Torres is getting there. I cant stop raving about his movement. Rooney missed a penalty for fuck sake and still they call him the white pele or whatever.

Back your team mates/players no matter how poor they are and thats why we call ourselves "Chelsea Fans". Not the other way round.

which makes your point even more stupid cus as I said, he could have had a hattrick and an assits. His movement was top notch. Dont know what you are on about here.

Edited by warnie_666

Well then somewhat amazingly your point is even less pertinent than it first seemed, because anybody who has been watching our games this season and running an objective eye over them could see that Torres for the most part has played well. 2 assists and a goal in his last two games plus his generally high work rate. But do go on...

Torres has been judged on that since he's been here. Even when he plays well "meh, he still didn't score"

i am sure if we asked torres to rate himself on this match hye wont give a 6. plus i just dont understand the thought process of a lot of assholes (not you but some other people who put me in their ignore list) here... torres is a record signing so we should stick with him watever happens to the club is that exactly wat they want... just does not make any sense

I was a Chelsea fan before we signed Torres or Drogba ... but Drogba won:t last forever ,,,will you then fuck off and support another club??

here we support Chelsea ,,,not a favourite player

he has played well as player but not as a player for chelsea before this weeks. anyways i ll say the same thing to you that i said to super-frank : if u asked torres to rate himself on this match, he wont give himself a lot. but for people like u he is a 10... that's the disappointment

i am sure if we asked torres to rate himself on this match hye wont give a 6. plus i just dont understand the thought process of a lot of assholes (not you but some other people who put me in their ignore list) here... torres is a record signing so we should stick with him watever happens to the club is that exactly wat they want... just does not make any sense

You're getting called out because you don't make sense. You bash Torres despite the fact he's at the peak of his Chelsea career thus far. You then say he shouldn't be judged on goals alone when we bring up the fact he scored our only goal today. So we point out his all round good work rate and still you continue. You should want every player who wears a blue shirt to succeed, marquee signing or not. So yeah, I'm afraid you're going to find that most level headed fans want Torres to succeed. And amazingly enough, we're likely to back him even more in this good run of form.

Edit: and as warnie 666 has posted above, our other forwards aren't exactly banging them in week in week out. So what do you want?

Edited by kylehimself

So are you blaming today's loss vs. United on Torres? He is probably the best striker on our team at the moment, you could argue that Anelka could compete for that role but Nando offers a lot more when playing upfront.

It's harsh to blame Villas Boas on his coaching but I have to say that his intentions were not that clear, we don't really know what was the aim of the team considering the lineup. It was not really tailored for the counter attack (because of Meireles and Lampard’s respective roles, which should have been swapped in that philosophy). It seems like a mélange between the will to counter attack (using the speed of play of Ramires) and the will to be solid when the team did not have the ball.

The main “failure” was the Rooney Case. We knew that he had a massive freedom in the last games (mainly due to the absence of real DM at Tottenham, Arsenal and Bolton) and that he could rule the play like he wanted between the lines. Playing Meireles in front of the defense is not a bad idea in the absolute, he did show at Scumderland that he was a perfect hub in the play, allowing maintaining the rhythm of play because of his one-touch passing by example. But there, he began the game and applied the instruction to do an individual marking on Rooney, and after that when he saw that Nani has a complete freedom (what explains his performance today) then he started to position between the two but it was even worse.

I think we should have played with Anelka instead of Sturridge, the Froggie has a better utilization do the ball and a better temporization ability. And I think we should have dropped Lampard for Meireles, and then put Mikel in front of the defense.

For me the 2 best performers were Ramires and Torres, their individual misses does not say that much, its game facts and this takes nothing away from their performance during the whole game. Ramires was uneasy with the lack of precise instructions, he was often ready to play in counter attack but in the same time he did not mark Nani (the only criticism I would make him). But in fact if he was close to Nani so closer to the Chelsea goal, he would be then in a poorer position to be ready to flow and it would not have improved the opportunities of the team to go forward quickly because Lampard was wasteful (and I was sad to see him like that… :().

Otherwise in terms of global passing and movement, I think we keep improving and that this defeat was mainly due to the success gained by Manure after crashing Spurs, Arse, Bolton’s poorest sides for a while, it gives confidence and then some things are made easier.

About Lukaku, yes he was static and useless but it’s a baptism of fire in very hard conditions, don’t forget that he is not entirely ready for the first team and that the club did bought him mainly because some clubs (Porto) wanted him this summer. The clubs plans his future with this guy so let him time, of course that Lukaku (who did not tumble the defender and lost the ball like an idiot) was a better choice than Kalou.

He was static but did not lose the ball. Let’s see against Foolham what he can do

Otherwise I'm happy to see that people who did think that the only thing that Torres lacked was some direct support for 2 weeks (after the Norwich and WBA games), were right because he did 2 great performances in the play this week.

Stoke: MOTM

WBA: Good

Norwich: Poor

Sunderland Sub: Very poor

Leverkusen: Good, effective

Man U: Very good, Chelsea's best player in the 2nd half attempted comeback

Would you say Torres has been one of Chelsea's worst performers in this early season? Rather, if you step back from all the white noise that surrounds his name, he's actually been one of the better players overall, probably top 3 or 4. He's been Chelsea's best player in 2 of the 6 games so far. What is so wrong with that? Can he do better, of course. Is he improving? I'd say yes.

He's started two games with Mata, Meireles and Sturridge. TWO. And he's got 2 assists and a goal. Could have been 3 assists and 4 goals after today's game if luck was on Chelsea's side.

Listen I'm also a Didier fan, but you have to ask yourself how much more would you expect from a striker whose team was falling apart from him. He hardly put a foot wrong and the only mistakes he made were from a couple of opportunities he made himself. Besides, who else do you want as CF? Sturridge? Not ready..Anelka? Not for a full match anyway.. The only other candidate is Drogba, but its still yet to be seen if he can get to top goalscoring form rather than just sit inside our team formation.