Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Even though we lost, well done to the coach and team for fighting the game till the end and not giving up.

:clap:

And more applause for AVB for having the balls to drop Lampard!

Lampard no longer merits a starting 11. Let him start from the bench and get cameos like Giggs and Scholes in his time.

Decent game.

Considering they led 3-0 at half-time, 3-1 will suit me fine. Considering 2 of their goals were offside and the third was their only legitimate goal, I'm quite satisfied. Feel so damn sorry for Torres, but hey! If he can score the difficult ones, and make runs to set himself up for the easy ones, that's something right? #clutchingstraws.

I want Lukaku to start the next game as a CF though.

Proud of the lads, Even at 3-0 down they never stopped battling. Great finish from Torres and I don't really want to talk about the open goal but he looks like the Nando of old. On a different day, we could have won, our midfield passing was crisp, we got forward well, But we just couldn't take our chances. Mata, Mereleis, Torres and Sturridge link up very very well. Great to see AVB taking off Lampard at half time, that took balls. Roll on the rest of the season, KTBFFH.

That was definitely one of the most painful games (along with Ray Wilkins commentary) to watch.

When you look at the amount of chances created both sides could have taken the league, although perhaps the balance was upset with their 1st and 2nd goals.

Martin Tyler may well be right. We are a side in transition and their might be some pain before success is achieved.

But on the bright side:

We still fought back

We are still third, and only 3 away from second

This was their home ground, and we could have left with far worse results at this stage of the season. It has certainly been an eye-opener but I don't think it has dismantled our campaign entirely

:( seeing it once was bad enough but replay after replay even worse!!!

Strangly dont feel as annoyed as thought I would.Expected it and all to loose but didnt think be calm as kinda feel...hmmmmm....Rooney slide though lol!!! Thank fuck he didnt score that one

take the positive even out of that ....great run ,,,great pass ,,,great control to go past the keeper ....

Props to Villas-Boas for some good football at OT. We were the better side at least till the 2nd United goal, and his decision to take Lampard off at half time was superb.

The players did well, too, for not giving up (one of what make us better than Arsenal), but I don't know what to say about Torres. He's certainly trying and improving, but moments like that force me to think he's trying to mess with the team.

Horrific first half and losing 3 points is never fun but in a way, I'm okay because we know where Chelsea stands and where the obvious problems are. Does anyone think AVB will get much pushback now if Lampard sits a lot more?

And with Torres, I know I'll get some slating for this but it was good to see his game in the 2nd half. That miss was embarassing but it's out of the way now. You can see the world class movement in the box is still there. If he takes the performance to heart rather than dwell on a one in a million chance miss, he can go forward. I'm confident that he's mentally strong enough to do it.

Torres against Man United in 2010-11, 0 goals in 6 games. In all other seasons, 4 in 6. Shoulda been 5, coulda been 6.

Early season yet. Happy, City drew.