Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

You are misunderstanding Henrique.

He isn't saying that he is shit and won't be any good in the futur. He is just saying that at the moment, he isn't good enough and has to improve to be considered as a regular player.

And I tend to be agree. Lukaku has the phisical ability, but at the moment his technic isn't good at all ! He will have to work hard on it.

This. When Lukaku arrived today I hardly could see him doing anything special in the game, I was only expecting him to not fuck with everything, but in the tactical aspect he fucked, because he stayed on the flankes and all he did when he received the ball was returning it to another player. I would only use him in things like Curling Cup or first stages of FA Cup.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Javier Hernandez faces a return to the sidelines after being hurt by a lunging tackle by Ashley Cole during United's 3-1 win over Chelsea.

Chicharito was caught by the despairing challenge as he fired into the side-netting when looking to profit after Wayne Rooney's shot bounced back off a post with 13 minutes remaining.

It upset and puzzled Sir Alex, who saw the full-back booked but, as no penalty was awarded, there needs to be some clarity from referee Phil Dowd on the situation and whether the yellow card was for dissent.

"To me, it was a shocking tackle," protested the boss. "An absolutely shocking tackle.

"The referee's booked him and, if he's booked him, I don't know why it wasn't a penalty.

"I must ask him [Dowd]. We don't know how Hernandez will be. We're going to have to wait until the morning but, at the moment, his leg is very numb. He's hardly got any feeling in it so he could be out for a couple of weeks."

Sir Alex felt Cole's tackle was "reckless" and "over-committed" and could also be missing Chris Smalling for the upcoming matches against Leeds and Stoke.

"Smalling's got a groin injury so we'll see what it's like during the week," he added.

So the old goat isn't happy with two gifted goals and a penalty?

This. When Lukaku arrived today I hardly could see him doing anything special in the game, I was only expecting him to not fuck with everything, but in the tactical aspect he fucked, because he stayed on the flankes and all he did when he received the ball was returning it to another player. I would only use him in things like Curling Cup or first stages of FA Cup.

You know.. when you want something really bad then youll never get it.. thats just how it works in life.. Lukaku is a passionate fan and he wants to help his team with all his heart..he wasnt superb but he has 'some' years left in his playing career to discover his lethal form, right ? :)

Edited by SinineUltra

Mate.. there's a difference between taking a loss in a good way or a bad way.. bcs if you dont pick yourself up right away youll keep loosing.. SURELY this wasn't a title deciding match and focusing on the positives gets you forward not pointing out only the negatives and sulking.. that is what shows a true team spirit and character..having the ability to regroup and get on with it

I completely agree with u and i m a firm believer that though it is a loss u need to take it up in a good way and move ahead. But i guess going down again and again and again to the same team really leaves u frustrated. And the biggest thing is that we are not working on the positives against them. Yes this is not a decider but why give it to them, why dont we have the upper hand. I dont have any doubt that we would make a comeback but to stamp your authority which i think we should we doing now we need to win such games.

I honestly felt the anguish of a Arsenal fan who just watched his team go down to Chelsea ONCE again.

Probably very furstated today :(

I died when I saw bosingwa in the starting line up. Why AVB? Why?! Why couldn't Luiz play?!!!! :cry:

Theres 1 thing in the world I hate more than anything else... Luck!! Why does it love man u so much and hate us?!! We should've won! I dont give a fuck about what anyone thinks, we're better than man u and we'll destroy em at the bridge! :blue scalf: And I wish (if we get past the group stage) we get Man U in the CL and kill them home and away!!!!!!!!!! :D

In short, I thought we played well, were unlucky with the usual old trafford decisions but looked the part all in all. Nando took his goal brilliantly but as usual will be remembered for tge negatives. Think we may have witnessed the end of super frank today but at least avb had the balls to take him off at half time. Long way to go yet in this league and our building process is coming along rightly. Ktbffh

i dont think u understand what people are cribbing about. at 80 mins 3-2 against a manu defense who were giving us chances whenever we were asking for it. we possibly could have got something out of the match had torres scored. instead what his miss did was it doused all the fire with which we were playin.it was simply pathetic

we shouldn't play Torres Wednesday if we aren't gonna play with our best squad. only play him if Mata and Surridge/Anelka are playing.

Agree. The miss won't kill his confidence, playing game after game without his teammates spotting his movement will though. That's basically what's happened in the last 8 months. For those who say he's past it--you saw the striker's movement today in the box, really sublime. He's rusty from not shooting too much this year so he's going to have work on the finishing. But if he gets himself into those positions and the right passes are made 2 or 3 times game after game, we're going to see Torres goals.

i'm quite happy despite the loss. man utd is on fire at the moment and yet we dominated them for large parts of the game at their turf.

we just need to keep playing like this and learn to tuck away our chances.

still around 30 games in the season so things are looking bright.

another special mention to avb for having the balls to drop lampard at half time. and for playing an unproven 18 year old for 20 mins at an important match.

I died when I saw bosingwa in the starting line up. Why AVB? Why?! Why couldn't Luiz play?!!!! :cry:

Theres 1 thing in the world I hate more than anything else... Luck!! Why does it love man u so much and hate us?!! We should've won! I dont give a fuck about what anyone thinks, we're better than man u and we'll destroy em at the bridge! :blue scalf: And I wish (if we get past the group stage) we get Man U in the CL and kill them home and away!!!!!!!!!! :D

He was our best Defender out of the back 4. He completely nullified Ashley Young.

Yes, Man Utd got a lucky break with an in competent referee missing the offside. but seriously, if you cant take your chances you deserve to lose. And I honestly, feel we didnt deserve to win cus we didnt finish the chances. No matter how many you create, if you dont finish them you dont deserve it. Man Utd took the chances albeit the the lucky ones and they won.

But what is comforting is that, they arent special at all. Barcelona would have destroyed them. Even an in form Torres and we would have won 5-4 if all chances were taken. Long way to go and they have to visit the Bridge later in February and im sure by then, we will be a well oiled machine and hopefully have our strikers banging them in.

Torres's movement was superb though. Absolutely first class. He is getting there and I hope he gets more game time.