Juan Mata

Severinb

Just like when Real lost to Dortmund and the reporter had a golden opportunity to ask Jose about his future plans...

One of the channels did ask. I remember the question "Maybe next year? [Champion's League trophy]" and he said something in the lines of "Maybe not, I want to be where people love me to be"

After saying he dreams of playing for Arsenal and that he fits to their philosophy? No, thanks, I'd rather have Diego Costa, Cavani or just stick with Torres and Eto'o until the end of season. But I still can't believe we're letting Mata go to United w/o swapping him for Rooney or having at least an agreement for him in the summer...

Shouldn't really pay too much to that, didn't Eto'o once said he would rather sell peanut in his village than play for us? And load of other things...etc

One of the channels did ask. I remember the question "Maybe next year? [Champion's League trophy]" and he said something in the lines of "Maybe not, I want to be where people love me to be"

And then the reporter finished the interview!

Balague is a pretty good source to be honest, I hope this deal falls through like the Herrera deal in the summer for United.

He said Aguero, Hulk and Falcao to us were done deals and that Ronaldo was going back to United.

I honestly don’t get some of the emotional outburst against Mourinho. Mata is old enough to know which club he decided to join.

According to “The Times” Mata asked to leave Chelsea this morning. So what was Chelsea (José) supposed to do then?

1. Tell him he can’t leave and keep him on the bench - and get blamed for ruining his career.

2. Start playing him ahead of Oscar (revise the existing system) and gamble with the rest of the season. And how would you react if it meant we started to lose matches?

3. Mata is obviously well aware of which club he decided to join - should Chelsea (José) question his judgment and tell him he should wait for another offer?

Some of Chelsea legends sat on the bench when Benitez and AVB were at Chelsea and I can’t remember this kind of (over)reaction.

Now Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world and probably knows a bit more about football than me. So I personally trust his judgment on the Oscar/Mata issue. But perhaps Mata could have asked for another way out - such as loan.

Mata from a pure attacking sense, is at least as good as Oscar.

So we are basically selling our joint best CAM to our rivals (may not matter this season but probably will next). Not something that is good. But the small bright side for this season is we have already played united. So United should be harder to beat and more likely to take points from City and Arsenal... Its a small positive, but better than nothing.

I honestly don’t get some of the emotional outburst against Mourinho. Mata is old enough to know which club he decided to join.

According to “The Times” Mata asked to leave Chelsea this morning. So what was Chelsea (José) supposed to do then?

1. Tell him he can’t leave and keep him on the bench - and get blamed for ruining his career.

2. Start playing him ahead of Oscar (revise the existing system) and gamble with the rest of the season. And how would you react if it meant we started to lose matches?

3. Mata is obviously well aware of which club he decided to join - should Chelsea (José) question his judgment and tell him he should wait for another offer?

Some of Chelsea legends sat on the bench when Benitez and AVB were at Chelsea and I can’t remember this kind of (over)reaction.

Now Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world and probably knows a bit more about football than me. So I personally trust his judgment on the Oscar/Mata issue. But perhaps Mata could have asked for another way out - such as loan.

1. I agree, actually everyone said wait until the summer and for PSG, but what if PSG got no interest in the 1st place anyway? Because if they did, what is stopping them from bidding now and give him a few months to blend in? Also are they gonna pay 40m like MU or want to go for the cheap of around 25m?

2. Eventually the Jose out brigade will come out if that happens

3. Exactly and actually make sense, it is not like we are FORCING Mata to sign for them. If he tells them to fuck off then of course we wouldn't force him to go, that would violate the term of contract and human right.

Were going 4:3:3

Or we desperately wanna raise a few funds for a big bid for a player!! But WHO!???

With all this talk about converting to 433 - what has stopped us from doing so anyway? I mean Mata included in the squad or not, shouldn't make a difference. How did Mata exactly stop Mourinho from choosing his tactics?