Juan Mata

Severinb

Its a loss, and he was a brilliant player for us.

When he has played for us this season, he hasn't looked special in my opinion and has failed to adapt to jose's style of play.

Alot of people have doubted his choices this season and has been made to look like a fool, Case in point Eto'o instead of torres against mannure, Taking mata off against soton and putting on oscar etc.

Nice guy, if he leave's us that wont change, but he wont be loved by most of us now due to going to Mannure. Simple as.

Take the profit, Make the squad stronger with players that WILL play & progress.

IN JOSE WE TRUST

What's the difference between that and the wankers calling Mata a Judas on twatter?

first rule, fuck twitter off in transfer windows it's full of toss pots. Secondly, people who call Jose or mata anything are fucking idiots.

we were belived to have bought rooney and he was a wanted out player back then for 40 Mio...

so we should just act like them.

if not, we will hold our heads in a few years, because Oscar ist simply not as creative or blessed as mata and Mata is as good as it gets as a #10 for MY taste... but still made about 17 Mio Profit... so if he wants to leave let him...

its just said to be a bid by ManU, ai'n no'n happened till now...

first things first, why would not utd form a team around him? what exactly in their campaign is going right that they would not want someone like mata to take charge. united at the moment seem like a beaten team, a bunch of beaten players. these were the very players who simply steam rolled thru the PL last season. all they need is a change in mentality and someone to give them a bit of a hope. look what has happened to arsenal. the same team (literally) which struggled to get top 4 is sitting right at the top of the table with 22 matches having been played. thats what a player like mata/ozil can do.

we will have to agree to disagree here. these "trends" in football are shortlived. in the end you need a team which has its own "system", its own "personality and character". i dont fault mourinho for not using mata. mou wanted to build a team for long term and he is doing exactly that. he wants it to be "his team" and every player to play in a certain way. which is all good. but to say that mata cant be the person who we can build a team around is simply, to put it lightly NOT CORRECT. MATA is a quality player. i think we have forgotten the extent of his genius and what he has done for us. this guy was the same player that was our POTY when we won a CL, an FA cup and an EL. that is massive. no one who does not have "quality" can do that. you can talk about mourinho's system or the latest trend in football of pressing and winning the ball back, but the truth is that, there is no single mantra for success. and in the end, its all about success. how did chelsea win the CL, how did inter milan? you are right about mata being an old-school no.10, but you hugely underestimate his importance. mata is great at breaking down defences and creating chances. for a team like united who have rvp and rooney, that is similar to hitting gold. u can talk about pressing and the "trend" but in a league except for the top 5 teams, most just park the bus and that is where mata comes in.

I think (at least in the matches I've watched) Ramsey had a much bigger impact on Arsenal than Ozil did. Ozil had a lot of quiet matches and now that Ramsey is out injured other guys such as Wilshere (or Carzola like last match) are winning them matches.

About ManUtd you're right, they're such a mess that building a team around Mata wouldn't be the problem, thing is most of those players have been there for years and with the exact players they have now Rooney is more likely to play centered rather than Mata. So unless Rooney is coming for us (don't think he is), I don't see Moyes being stupid enough to change the one guy that has been carrying his team and move elsewhere. They have Robin, so unless he's injured - and he does stay injured a lot - and Rooney steps into his role and plays as their main striker, Mata is very likely to play in the wing or at least taking turns with Rooney in the middle. If he can't succeed in the wing here - as all of you say he can't - then why would he succeed in a much worse side such as ManUtd?

I do agree about trends being short-lived, which is why I think two years down the road there will be a new emerging trend. That's very fast, but my point stands and you may want to answer it: would he play in any of those top 5 times I've mentioned? Does he fit their style or would those teams afford to move whoever plays as a #10 or as a CAM or as a false 9 to accommodate Mata in the team? My answer remains being 'no'.

As for how big Mata is, we simply disagree. In our CL title he's had a corner for Drogba goal and a couple of really good matches, but that was it, all his other matches were good, some of which he completely disappeared. Many people don't agree he should have been the POTY, instead it should have been Cech or Drogba (I don't have an opinion in that season because I don't even care much about it, a team isn't about one player, so I couldn't care less who we pick as our POTY. Last season I would have given to Eden simply because he's left my mouth on the floor when he's started playing for us and also at the end of the season).

At the end of the day we disagree about our evaluation of Mata. While I think he's a great player, I don't think he's as good as some Chelsea fans believe. He'll have a chance to prove me otherwise, although as you said it yourself, Utd is a really average side right now, a quality player such as Mata should step in and improve them (as I believe he will). I just don't think he's the answer to their many problems. We can settle for disagreeing :)

Sky sports now stating its around the 40m mark?

Again would be sad to see let go but would be a tidy profit!?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9128605/sky-sources-manchester-united-have-made-a-40m-move-for-chelseas-juan-mata

Jackson Martinez is available for 40m, anyone want him? Personally I think he wouldn't be too bad at around 20m, shame it got to be 40m that seems too much.

Wouldn't pay more than 20M for him, good player but not a chance a 40M pound player.

Jackson Martinez is available for 40m, anyone want him? Personally I think he wouldn't be too bad at around 20m, shame it got to be 40m that seems too much.

After saying he dreams of playing for Arsenal and that he fits to their philosophy? No, thanks, I'd rather have Diego Costa, Cavani or just stick with Torres and Eto'o until the end of season. But I still can't believe we're letting Mata go to United w/o swapping him for Rooney or having at least an agreement for him in the summer...