Juan Mata

Severinb

Why did we let Kevin go if we are planing to sell Mata? Surely we can't go on with just 4 AM's for 3 positions...And the thought of facing United with Mata in a red shirt next season...*Shivers* :confused:

That would be something if now the official website issued a statement with 'absolutely no intention of selling Juan Mata'. But hey, this is Chelsea and Chelsea's official website. The last time we saw it was with Terry and Man City?

Aye while that maybe true but you'll have to keep in mind that it was a rubbish West Ham side we played against, a West Ham side that is getting hammered in every game. Just because it worked against them, doesn't mean it will work against others and besides, that is only 1 game or in other words, such a small sample size to use as a counter argument to the squad depth point. In fact, I haven't seen anyone provide a solid reason or two that we can survive with 4 AMs for 3 positions for the remainder of the season.

One is that you could use Rami on the wing. The second is to use the 433. We're talking about suffering TWO injuries to Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Schurrle. Realistically if that happens then we're in trouble whether we have Mata or not. I'd still be inclined not to use Mata if that happened though and maintain the fast-paced pressing game by using Ramires who has the athleticism required.

Good post by the way. It's a shitty transfer all round because we are looking to sell a fantastically talented player, but if a fantastically talented player doesn't fit the style of football you're playing then what real use is he?

4 of those 5 players WILL play every important and big match. u dont want rambo playing a semi-final against spurs in fa cup, then semi against RM in CL and then play right wing against say sunderland.

right now we have 4 players for those 3 positions. if u want to buy a left footed player who can play wide, less than what mata costs, should not have a problem sitting with a bench and also be of chelsea quality... name me a player.

That's if these players get injured. It's the nightmare scenario and if it happened, then it would be tough all round. By that logic we shouldn't loan out any players just in case, but you make these decisions based on what is likely to happen.

As for who we should buy, I don't know. One option might be Salah who is a value purchase who fits our transfer structure but might not have the talent required. Again though we could reduce the AM positions from 3 to 2 as we have done already this season.

Juan Mata has told friends and family he is joining Manchester United

Decent source.

Who gives a fuck if they do? 2-3 years is a century in terms of football, maybe ManUtd don't even need him then? We'd be still 30-40- mil richer while not having strengthened our league rivals.

Your assuming they will pay that fee or more...

Last summer, Blanc even said PSG never offered Mata, but they did for Ozil. What makes you think PSG will all of a sudden offer that much?

We have a chance to raise funds for the future and balance our squad, yet we shouldnt take it cause it helps United? We're not fighting United. We're fighting City and Arsenal.

Its one thing if it was your money, but Roman probably would like to get some ROI once in a while..

reus is a BVB player, draxler is a schalke player, robben is a bayern player and di maria is an RM player.

we cant do anything about those guys. what we can and should do is not willingly and stupidly help the most successful team in the premier league history (one which has won 20 PL titles and about 12/13 in the last 20 years). like i said, that is plain stupid.

but most of those players are way better suited for ManUtd than Mata is. If they decide for Mata over them, then good for us twice, not only we'll get a lot of money for him, but ManUtd won't even improve as they could going for really fast players, that play their best in the wing - where ManUtd have been building their system for many years now. Mata is technically better than those guys imo, but way less fitting to ManUtd system, so if selling Mata to them will prevent them from getting Reus, Draxler or di María, it'd only give me more reasons to ship Mata there. And that's coming from someone that isn't that comfortable selling them any players...

That's if these players get injured. It's the nightmare scenario and if it happened, then it would be tough all round. By that logic we shouldn't loan out any players just in case, but you make these decisions based on what is likely to happen.

no. the post was to say what our decision would be when their our tough and big fixtures in the future and a club like chelsea have to think of that since it is likely that we would reach the semi of fa cup and CL. or atleast we hope. where does the loaning out thing come in here?

Hahahaha so much over reaction!

Yeah he's a good player - Not our best

Yeah it'll impact depth - He isn't a first team player anymore

Imagine the reaction of other fans reading this - They're probably crying with laughter.

Reminds me of the Torres deal though - Maybe he has an underlying injury that no one knows about :lol:

There is only one scenario in which I would be ok with this, and that is if Rooney goes in the other direction. His positional flexibility would make the loss of Mata & KDB less noticable, while at the same time improve our attack considerably.

I would not have said that at the start of the season, but the truth is that we manage just fine (if not better) without Mata in the first eleven (and I say that as a person who love Mata). Mata is too valuable to just sit there, either play him or sell him, and if a sale is the prefered option that it needs to be done while his market value is at its highest.

Hahahaha so much over reaction!

Yeah he's a good player - Not our best

Yeah it'll impact depth - He isn't a first team player anymore

Imagine the reaction of other fans reading this - They're probably crying with laughter.

Reminds me of the Torres deal though - Maybe he has an underlying injury that no one knows about :lol:

I may go to the Name Change thread and request my username be changed to We Hate Mancs.

:(

I just find it hilarious that Moyes is scouring the earth for players, not only that he spent weeks chasing Fibreglass from Barca, spotted in Turin watching Pogba and Vidal apparently and now offering 35-40M to us.

I'm sorry but how fucking desperate is Moyes :delight: