Juan Mata

Severinb

how does it change with mata? we played a perfectly fine 4-2-3-1 against soton away. it was still 0-0 and far less effective than with oscar but the system was the same.

Are you fucking kidding me? Did you watch the game? Perfectly fine? Compared to what? Did you not see the tempo of the game increase in every aspect with the introduction of Oscar and Willian???

i thought the squad players specially the ones like bertrand are kept for cup games. which he played really well!!! but u know what keep deluding yourself with 64minutes!!! somehow it makes u happy, i see.

Bertrand wasn't used in the FA Cup or the league cup tie at Sunderland (might have been injured but who knows?). As for delusion I think you wrote the book on it Mr Fan since 2007. :rolleyes:

as far as i remember mata was rumored to be subject to a bid of 35mil in the summer (psg). i would even take a 30mil bid from psg than 40mil from united.

I'm not sure you have that authority though. :clown:

the reality is that mata has started 11 PL games this season and has been a substitute for 2 of them in 22 games (also one of those substitution was against tottenham in which we played a massive part in turning the game around). so the reality is that mata has started half of our PL games, would be starting more regularly when we have CL nights, FA cup matches, replays and normal fixture congestion.

What about the results? He was used in all 3 PL losses. We were drawing away to Southampton and Norwich until he was removed (in the 81st minute at Norwich), and went on to win. It was 1-1 at home to Cardiff until he was replaced with Oscar - 4-1.

It's harsh because he's a great player but he seems to undermine the system when he's playing and it's not his fault. The system is fucking hard to play.

Still haven't forgiven Jose for the Robben debacle. This seems like déjà vu.

He was injured so much in his final season and was becoming a shadow of his former self which was a massive shame. Why you still haven't forgiven Jose says more about you, although you've already said you're looking forward to Mata destroying us in a United shirt.

Fuck knows what you think supporting a club is. :rolleyes:

I'll agree that we haven't seen enough progress with the young players but we at least seem to be trying to develop a cohesive system that every age group team will play, thus easing their transition.

Oscar has developed, as has Hazard arguably.

I'd say we play very exciting football now which seems to be getting results.

But people like you seem to just moan all the fucking time so who really gives a fuck. The mood around this club is 180 degrees from where it was last season. People like you seem so far removed from what the crowds actually think that it's almost laughable, but this club was at the lowest ebb I've ever experienced just a year ago. Now we're challenging for the title and still in the CL with a manager that the fans on the terraces love.

But because we're selling a substitute to a rival then everything is shit. Grow Up!

What if that substitute revives dead united to a title challenging one next season!!

How many debuts has Jose handed to youth players this season? Which players have developed/improved under him? Have we improved stylistically under Mourinho after he claimed we played defensive and negative football under Rafa/RDM?

This new dawn, RIP player power nonsense is utterly delusional.

I really have no problem anymore with the European group stage mentality adopted by Jose this season - Draw the big away games and win at home. Draw conclusions about his style of play only next season

Believe it or not I've actually backed Jose on most things up until now (including the mini-meltdown on here when we were really struggling earlier this season or the outrage we loaned Lukaku to Everton). I just can't contemplate selling our best player despite him not getting a fair shot all season long and to our rivals nevertheless.

The boring football and results first mentality as well as the near-exclusion and development of youth are all staples of his management I've learned to accept during his first tenure here.

piazon. he is a mourinho style player

That would be amazing.

But unfortunately I think piazon might suffer the same fate as kdb.

The only thing that might be different is that piazon can play as a false 9.

now will mourinho want to do something like that?

My question is if Mata is sold to France, what makes you think he wont transfer back to the BPL to United or another team?

You must be joking. For the sake of argument, let's say that PSG or Monaco buy Mata for 35-40mil, do you really think they forked out that kind of money just to be a middle man in a grand scheme to poach Mata from Chelsea to ManUtd?

Believe it or not I've actually backed Jose on most things up until now (including the mini-meltdown on here when we were really struggling earlier this season or the outrage we loaned Lukaku to Everton). I just can't contemplate selling our best player despite him not getting a fair shot all season long and to our rivals nevertheless.

He might be our best player, but if he doesn't fit the system then what use is he?

The boring football and results first mentality as well as the near-exclusion and development of youth are all staples of his management I've learned to accept during his first tenure here.

Then go and support United. You've already expressed a desire to see Mata come back and destroy us so you're halfway there.

If you think watching players like Eden Hazard is boring then I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you. Yes we need to develop youth and there are cases where we could've done so but I hope this is something we commit to in the future. Jose is saying all the right things and the inclusion of Ake, Kalas and Baker in first-team plans is a nice step but we need to do more.

But he deserves time to do so. By my reckoning, Mourinho has given as many under-18s their debuts as Wenger has this year.

There is a plausible inferance that can be taken from this deal coming to fruition: that Mourinho has finally broken the board power and commands full control of the happenings of Chelsea, but again this is an inferance. As @We Hate Scouse, pointed out it could indeed be the board bowing their heads to a tantilising 40 million pounds rather than handing Mourinho a vote of confidence. Maybe that's the case maybe it's not, we can't know for sure.

Again as you mentioned earlier, why do we need the money now? If* this happens, I'd imagine it was Jose's call ultimately

*it's still a big If

Under Moyes? I'd rather we sold Mata to PSG but if there's no offer on the table then you're left with hoping Mata retains value in the summer.

I am ok with selling mata......all i can't stand is selling him to manures!!!!

You must be joking. For the sake of argument, let's say that PSG or Monaco buy Mata for 35-40mil, do you really think they forked out that kind of money just to be a middle man in a grand scheme to poach Mata from Chelsea to ManUtd?

Knowing how PSG already are willing to offload Lavezzi, Pastore, Menez and company. YEAP