Juan Mata

Severinb

Liverpool sold Torres in January..............OH LUIS SUAREZ!?!!?!

Hahah, imagine though if it did happen. Would be RAWK meltdown of massive proportions again... chopper theories, pictures, fans burning shirts... good times

Liverpool sold Torres in January..............OH LUIS SUAREZ!?!!?!

Ahhh, back when Torres wasn't completely useless.

Nevertheless it took a League record fee, Hodgson, transfer request as well as Liverpool being out of the CL & languishing in 9th place to get it done.

We also cant assume that Mata would make them rise. Its one thing if Mata was an uber CM, than I would agree. However, like Chelsea, mata doesnt really fit Moyes and United under their current scheme and players.

Though, is the risk worth taking? I mean I'd like to see Utd struggle for a change. If we do get 40mil, if Mata does not fit in the Moyes' system, if he does not spark Utd to rise from its ashe, if we do actually get decent signings to bolster OUR squad. I mean too many ifs to make it sound solid to me. As an empathetic person I can understand if Mata leaves in order to save his own career, but foremost I'm a Chelsea fan and I only want best for the club. Mata has been great and he has been rewarded for this effort with different winners' medals and nominations. In today's world - and certainly in Chelsea's- the real jackpot is to find a player that would make a change, money isn't as valuable. Like one of the above posters mentioned - there is no way Chelsea would ever not comply with the FFP rules under sugardaddy Roman.

Hopefully all this is bullshit. Selling Mata to united is beyond stupid, sure they might not threaten Chelsea this season but Mata is a good fucking start for rebuilding their squad. If Mata was go sell him to another league.