Juan Mata

Severinb

He's one of those supporters who believes the manager is always right. "No player is bigger than the club" gets thrown around here a lot but the same phrase doesn't seem to apply to Jose for some reason.

And you're one of those supporters who wants Mata to come back with United and "destroy" Chelsea.

Is there a name for supporters like this?

Ahhh, back when Torres wasn't completely useless.

Nevertheless it took a League record fee, Hodgson, transfer request as well as Liverpool being out of the CL & languishing in 9th place to get it done.

You forgot to add Liverpool's knowledge and recognition of Torres gradual deterioration as a result of his abysmal injury record and how rafa played in to the ground (high mileage). they recognized the only way for him was downward not upwards and could predict the decline which he was already showing signs of anyway at Liverpool.

I bet they were pissing themselves laughing at our ignorance and idiocy but then again they wasted the Torres money on junks like Carroll and Downing so it's more a case of dumb and dumber.

So countinho and mata are equals now? I don't blame you, I blame jose

My point was Coutinho is struggling cause they're playing 2 CF formation at Liverpool.

At United, mata will be under the same circumstances.

Whilst I agree, selling a fan's favorite to a rival club ?

United need a fucking miracle not Mata. If they think he will solve all their problems whilst lining our pockets with 40M fat ones I will drive him there.

No one else will pay 40m for Mata, Utd are pathetically desperate.

It is quite high but I can understand why they are willing to pay that much. They need someone to inspire them now and he is got loads of years ahead of him and will bring quality. Similar with Arsenal buying Ozil. £42m is very high and while he has not been brilliant he has helped the team in their quest for a title challenge and they remain first. United need a player like Mata who can inspire them to get into top 4 and in the long run I don't think the fee will matter because he will bring too much quality to them.

Though, is the risk worth taking? I mean I'd like to see Utd struggle for a change. If we do get 40mil, if Mata does not fit in the Moyes' system, if he does not spark Utd to rise from its ashe, if we do actually get decent signings to bolster OUR squad. I mean too many ifs to make it sound solid to me. As an empathetic person I can understand if Mata leaves in order to save his own career, but foremost I'm a Chelsea fan and I only want best for the club. Mata has been great and he has been rewarded for this effort with different winners' medals and nominations. In today's world - and certainly in Chelsea's- the real jackpot is to find a player that would make a change, money isn't as valuable. Like one of the above posters mentioned - there is no way Chelsea would ever not comply with the FFP rules under sugardaddy Roman.

United wont struggle forever.

Also, how is keeping Mata best for the club? Is that what Real Madrid did with Kaka? Being useless all those years under Mourinho and paying him those high wages?

Pretty much getting no transfer fee back (comparison to his purchase price).

United need a fucking miracle not Mata. If they think he will solve all their problems whilst lining our pockets with 40M fat ones I will drive him there.

You're right. But it doesn't mean we should sell one of our brightest talents to them..