Juan Mata

Severinb

Overreaction much...

He isn't being played ahead of a World Cup season, in a very strong Spain sqaud.

Manchester United the only team willing to pay a ridiculous amount for him, what the hell do you expect him to do? Sit on the bench secretly rubbing Demba Ba's third leg?

Do you really think this kind of money is ridiculous for Mata?

This would signal the transition from coach to manager during Roman's reign, we've never had a manager, only coaches.

#We'reTheNewUnited

Why the new United? Why do we have to replicate them? Maybe we're entering a new dawn as Chelsea FC. But we're not the new United...

I think it suits our team better. The only problem is the lack of wingers. We have players who can cover at attacking midfield, but I think we'd need to bring someone else in (maybe Moses back?) to regularly play the 4-3-3.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Considering the long-term setup of the team going back to a 4-3-3 might be even more helpful for the young players we've got of which the majority is better off in the wingers' positions. Oscar being part of a midfield-3 would also allow the team not to rely too much on his (lacking) playmaker's qualities by fielding a stronger wing play and a more compact approach in the final third in general. Not to mention that Ramires would be way more effective in a 4-3-3...

THIS is how much faith Roman has in Mourinho!, the russian is almost treating Jose how Ferguson was treated at United..

Chelsea Football Club is no longer run by the players or the board, the manager is in charge!, at last.

Speaking about his relationship with Abramovich last year, Mourinho said they remained friends after his departure and he speaked with him regularly to give him advice on transfers. So it's not surprising.

i dint object to KDB cos we had enough depth even without him. without mata we have schurrle ONLY.

Unless we play a 433 or use Ramires on the wing. OH NO, Rami on the wing....is Mata much more useful to us in this system?

somehow u feel 6 defenders for 4 positions and 4 AMs for 3 positions is adequate and that injuries and rotation is a mythological thing.

No mate I don't think that. I simply think that selling players we don't use or letting 3rd choice left-backs who have played about an hour of league football leave on loan isn't the end of the world.

Also Cahill, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Azpi, Ivanovic, Ake and Kalas is 8 players, not 6.

mata has been used and he will be used. it weakens us cos it means that our first team players will have to play against derby and stoke in fa cup matches instead of keeping them fresh for PL and CL games.

Mata wasn't used against Derby and we won both league matches either side of it. He may well be used against Stoke though and that's a great use of a £40 million asset.

This would signal the transition from coach to manager during Roman's reign, we've never had a manager, only coaches.

#We'reTheNewUnited

You are rapturous.

We are not New fucking United, we are Chelsea. Don't compare us to them, it makes us look like some Sunday League Pub Team...

Go and ejaculate on United somewhere else.

Why the new United? Why do we have to replicate them? Maybe we're entering a new dawn as Chelsea FC. But we're not the new United...

You know 'what I mean' by that though, you've quoted the wrong post if that's not the case.

In a carousel climate you don't sell assets, not when doors keep revolving. Roman has full faith in Mourinho, this is what we've been waiting for all these years, a manager.

United's model was very good. Fergie makes the final call and for the past 20+ years at United, more often than not when their team ran it's course, another set of players were integrated. If Mata to United does actually happen, I imagine that's what's happened here. Jose with the final call

You know 'what I mean' by that though, you've quoted the wrong post if that's not the case.

In a carousel climate you don't sell assets, not when doors keep revolving. Roman has full faith in Mourinho, this is what we've been waiting for all these years, a manager.

I get what you're saying but we don't have to be the new United. With our ownership structure we're very different anyway.

What this might signal is the ultimate commitment to a new way of football though. Mata is a great player but he doesn't suit the system. AVB wasn't allowed to change the personnel to suit his system (thank god in the end cause he's shit), but Jose seems to be allowed to sell one of our most popular players so that he can build the team HE wants.

We can talk about statements from United, but at the end of the day they're buying an out-of-favour player who may or may not fit their system.

We're giving a huge vote of confidence in Jose Mourinho. This is a massive moment for this club and I'm willing to back them.

Unless we play a 433 or use Ramires on the wing. OH NO, Rami on the wing....is Mata much more useful to us in this system?

No mate I don't think that. I simply think that selling players we don't use or letting 3rd choice left-backs who have played about an hour of league football leave on loan isn't the end of the world.

Also Cahill, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Azpi, Ivanovic, Ake and Kalas is 8 players, not 6.

Mata wasn't used against Derby and we won both league matches either side of it. He may well be used against Stoke though and that's a great use of a £40 million asset.

so we are going to drop a perfectly fit and fine system and change our game from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 cos we dont have what? thats right depth in the region. which makes perfect sense to me cos why do u need consistency when u can simply toy and change the system every game. right? and rambo on the wings seems delicious to me. we should definitely play him there against palace and stoke cos who needs flair players to break down defences when u can have makeshift AMs.

8 defenders. so that would mean kalas and ake have played a role in our season so far which would be???? oh wait!!!!

or we can simply sell an asset who by the way might be just the thing to revive the dying embers of the most successful team in the PL history rather than using him for us, cos as far as i see it, the business end of the season is still pretty much left. add to that the fact that he would go for the same amount in the summer or probably 5mil less which could actually be used to buy a striker who would be available rather than

a.simply depleting our own squad

b. giving united a lifeline

c.what can we do with this money right now? buy players we dont need!!!

seems like a very good deal to me.

But apparently, when the camera showed the set of players that didn't start against United, Mata was nowhere to be seen.

Or it's just Jose and his mind games, allowing Mata a day off the training pitch, letting the story flourish a bit more knowing he's playing United for fools and eventually he'll call the deal off in the last minute?

We're giving a huge vote of confidence in Jose Mourinho. This is a massive moment for this club and I'm willing to back them.

Are we though? Or has Abramovich spotted an opportunity to cash in on a player that the manager clearly doesn't favour? Lets face it, Roman makes the final call when it comes to ££ and you don't earn billions without being smart with money.