Juan Mata

Severinb

Let´s get back to Mata here.

As I read today, Jose feels sad to treat Mata the way he has done.

However, was he correct to benched him the other day ? I feel, he was. Can Mata back track ? Not much.

Does Mata have a place on this team ? Certainly, he does. Plenty of games coming up & Mata will be used, then.

Damn Bush , you Einstein.

To me, the way Jose is reacting to all of this tells me that some have completely over exaggerated this.

Surely if Mata tried to threaten his superiority Jose wouldn't be speaking like this.

As usual, you are clueless. That´s all I can say here. As was suggested before, you have no business being the mod here. Adios.

Clueless, please explain. Instead of fucking around why don't you actually explain what you mean for once instead of hiding behind a veil of poorly constructed english.

BUSHMAN'S LAW IS FACT. HE SAID I'M CLUELESS IT MUST BE SO. HE SAID I'M NOT FIT AS A MODERATOR. HIS JUDGEMENT IS WORTH MORE THAN THE ENTIRE STAFF'S OPINION COMBINED.

ALL HAIL BUSHMAN

as u said this sums it up. and for the thousandth time i ll ask, how does selling mata help STRENGTHEN our squad. we are selling kdb. and will get the required funds from him. mata will be sold in the summer (again an argument i have been giving continously) when we can actually go on to spend big on a striker of our choice (none of whom are available now).

also a big point in his argument was mata's "behaviour" in the previous match and hence he should be sold, coupled with utilization (i doubt that word came up even once in all our arguments but i would give him the benefit of doubt there).

since u summed him up, i ll sum up myself, mata will be sold, but selling him off in this transfer window helps us in no way. infact it weakens us. also we have good enough options to sell and get those much needed funds. all i have continously asked is "how does selling mata help us THIS SEASON" and i am yet to get an answer from KOREA.

I don't think anybody has stated that selling Mata strengthens Chelsea this season. I don't know who you are arguing against. I'm pretty sure people havn't been saying that selling Mata in January makes Chelsea stronger.

Clueless, please explain. Instead of fucking around why don't you actually explain what you mean for once instead of hiding behind a veil of poorly constructed english.

BUSHMAN'S LAW IS FACT. HE SAID I'M CLUELESS IT MUST BE SO. HE SAID I'M NOT FIT AS A MODERATOR. HIS JUDGEMENT IS WORTH MORE THAN THE ENTIRE STAFF'S OPINION COMBINED.

ALL HAIL BUSHMAN

Well said Spike. I still stand behind my opinion. Get over it.

To me, the way Jose is reacting to all of this tells me that some have completely over exaggerated this.

Surely if Mata tried to threaten his superiority Jose wouldn't be speaking like this.

Mourinho wouldn't be the manager he is if he answered to those kind of things in a 'vindictive' way, given some of the players he's managed in the past. When was the last time you saw him detracting about one of his players to the media? How many things have Lukaku said and how many times have Mourinho been questioned about that move, until he finally said Romelu should say why he really left Chelsea? People expecting Mata to be punished by that, are deluding themselves imo. Now go ask him if he'd allow his son - who's training to be a footballer - to behave like Mata did. Go ask him if he approves it.

He knows it was a heated reaction, filled with anger and frustration. he wouldn't let this affect how he manages the team, especially if Mata is good for the team.

He NEVER took Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid except for technical reasons even though Sergio Ramos kept doing what he did which was a personal attack more blunt and more articulated with the media. He's managed Ballotelli (sp?), Sneijder (for different reasons, I'm sure you know better than me) and all kind of challenging players. Mata isn't a challenging player. He had an outburst. Mourinho overlooked it. Did you expect him to do what? To bench Mata forever as a punishment? If Mourinho allowed those kind of things to interfere in his management, he would have 'ended' (in the club) a lot of his players careers and he didn't.

That was the thing Spanish media never understood about the Casillas gate. It wasn't personal, it has never been personal. Casillas was dropped in a more permanent way when he didn't do half the things Ramos did and said, and Ramos was kept in the team after being dropped shortly because of bad performances. The same happened with Pepe.

*******************************************************************************************

Now I've seen some posts about Mata in the Willian thread and I didn't read all posts in this one yet. But people are saying we should sell Mata to make money and buy the players we need. We just released our financial report and we had no problems meeting FFP requirements in a year we were kicked out of UCL in group stage. Our new Adidas contract will show only in the next financial year, so we don't need to sell Mata in order to buy the players we need to sign. I'm positive we'll start selling some of our loaned players (Moses, Marin, a few others). The reason some of those players are loaned isn't to sharpen them enough to be Chelsea material, but to give them exposition enough to value themselves more than they would be valued if they were partially squad members here. Only the young prospects are there to be polished and grown. But slightly older or plain older players will be offloaded, if not next season (summer window) than at most another more.

I don't think Mata will be sold and I have doubts if de Bruyne will as well. De Bruyne mostly likely will leave, but I still think he'll be loaned. As José said, the players don't have control in this situation. If he wants to play Wolfsburg, I'm sure the Germans won't refuse a loan opposed to nothing at all.

"IF i leave Chelsea, I would be unprofessional, just because I am not playing does not mean that i dont love Chelsea. I am not leaving." JUAN MATA.

do you have a source, mate? Thanks :)