Juan Mata

Severinb

Judging by this article

Judging by watching the match, there's a lack of urgency when he's in the team in my opinion. It's not about completed passes or tackles in his own half but the pressure put on the opposition as a unit and the tempo the attacking midfielders bring to the game. At the moment (and in that Southampton game) the unit of Oscar, Hazard and Willian move the ball quicker and more directly, and just seem to work harder in pressing the opposition.

If PSG offer £35 million, you'd be mad to turn it down. £11 million profit from the original sale.

I'd tend to agree at this moment considering the need in other areas.

Judging by watching the match, there's a lack of urgency when he's in the team in my opinion. It's not about completed passes or tackles in his own half but the pressure put on the opposition as a unit and the tempo the attacking midfielders bring to the game. At the moment (and in that Southampton game) the unit of Oscar, Hazard and Willian move the ball quicker and more directly, and just seem to work harder in pressing the opposition.

Good job. Now if you considered to read the rest of my post you might understand what I'm actually trying to say.

He wasn't playing poorly by any stretch of the imagination, the game just called for a different approach. But surely it is understandable for him to feel frustrated?

Anyway, here's the article.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/mata-had-100-per-cent-pass-completion-why-144117558.html

Thanks, bye.

Good job. Now if you read the rest of my post you might understand what I'm actually trying to say.

Thanks, bye.

I put those graphs and stats into context from actually watching the match. No reason for you to get all snippy. Yes he completed his passes and yes he made some tackles but not all passes and tackles are equal. The play slowed down when it got to him a number of times and he doesn't press the ball as well as other players.

Enjoy your pint. :beer:

Yeah, judging by that press conference I'd be shocked if Mata is sold. Unless some silly money offer from PSG came in.

Isn't that the point though? If you want to sell something, saying you don't want to sell it can increase it's price can't it? :blink:

Fed up of this cyclical argument. If Mata isn't angry with Mourinho, who is he berating? Himself? Not likely.

How can you tell though? Do you know him to be able to tell that?

All we are talking about here is just 'speculation' if you like and there is no concrete evidence to suggest he did this or did that. So, I don't get why some have assessed the situation, treated it as a fact and then passed judgment on him like he has murdered someone.

I put those graphs and stats into context from actually watching the match. No reason for you to get all snippy. Yes he completed his passes and yes he made some tackles but not all passes and tackles are equal. The play slowed down when it got to him a number of times and he doesn't press the ball as well as other players.

Enjoy your pint. :beer:

Well that's not what my post was about, so don't be ignorant and just quote 4 words of it without even caring to read the rest of it or the article for that matter.

An Irishman enjoy a pint of Guinness? You're not that ignorant are you Tom? :beer:

Well that's not what my post was about, so don't be ignorant and just quote 4 words of it without even caring to read the rest of it or the article for that matter.

An Irishman enjoy a pint of Guinness? You're not that ignorant are you Tom? :beer:

I did read it, and I read the original source when someone first posted it. I just thought it useful to put some of my own views from actually watching the match into it. I have severe reservations about whether or not Mata has the physical capabilities to play in this system.

Oh and enjoy your pint Mick. :beer:

We can't sell mata. One injury and he can find himself a constant starter. The season is still long and as debruyne is leaving then mata must stay for our teams sake.

Willian would get the role over Mata.....

Funny thing I keep reading is people saying he is too good for the bench, yet their are a ton of examples of better players coming off the bench in Europe....

Gotze, Martinez, Robben, Thiago

Rooney came off the bench last season

Dzeko.

Isco, bale

Sanchez/pedro, cesc.

I can understand the whole idea of raising funds for another player to be bought, but to be too good for the bench, I dont..

Overall, I didnt take anything negatively from his behavior the other day. However, with the current manager, Mata will continue being marginalized moving forward (however, most players do in good teams)...

willian is already in the 3 right now!!! what is oscar gets injured? do u want to sell mata too when we are already selling kdb...

Willian would play CAM, with eden and Schurrle on the wings...

If anything, Ive seen lampard play more in the Cam role this season than Mata...