Juan Mata

Severinb

Might have played his last proper game for Chelsea, from now on his appearance will probably be from the bench when it is practically useless or like Kevin, eventually just got removed completely from the team. Really think his days here are numbered, unless Jose get sacked which will not happen. Don't really see him doing a Casillas/Adebayor and just sit there to get money, he is the type of guy who wants to do well wherever he is so I think he will want to leave in the summer if his situation doesn't change from now till then.

Might have played his last proper game for Chelsea, from now on his appearance will probably be from the bench when it is practically useless or like Kevin, eventually just got removed completely from the team. Really think his days here are numbered, unless Jose get sacked which will not happen. Don't really see him doing a Casillas/Adebayor and just sit there to get money, he is the type of guy who wants to do well wherever he is so I think he will want to leave in the summer if his situation doesn't change from now till then.

His situation is like the one Ozil could have faced had he stayed at Madrid and competed with Isco. Instead of trying to prove himself he decided to move to a club which would value him as a starter.Also the relationship between him and the club became quite sour because of the Jose sacking.

Anyways,Mata respects the club and us fans. The reaction after being subbed last game was in my opinion a very healthy and honest one. It showed his desire to play and the frustration was quite understandable because he had a decent first half but yet got subbed off 5 minutes after the interval.

The problem is just that Willian and Oscar are better him at the moment and there is nothing he can do but wait. Players like Cole(who's been a great servant to the club), Andre,Kevin etc all have been treated the same so there is no personal rift between Jose and Mata.

If Mata leaves then he'll definitely be a starter at his new club and will probably be bought for a huge amount because he is a real class player. I wouldn't mind if he did get sold because I would totally understand the whole reason behind the move. Mata is in his prime years and deserves to play every week for a top club.

Its just a shame that he's competing with Oscar(one of the best CAM in world football today) for that sole spot.

His situation is like the one Ozil could have faced had he stayed at Madrid and competed with Isco. Instead of trying to prove himself he decided to move to a club which would value him as a starter.Also the relationship between him and the club became quite sour because of the Jose sacking.

Anyways,Mata respects the club and us fans. The reaction after being subbed last game was in my opinion a very healthy and honest one. It showed his desire to play and the frustration was quite understandable because he had a decent first half but yet got subbed off 5 minutes after the interval.

The problem is just that Willian and Oscar are better him at the moment and there is nothing he can do but wait. Players like Cole(who's been a great servant to the club), Andre,Kevin etc all have been treated the same so there is no personal rift between Jose and Mata.

If Mata leaves then he'll definitely be a starter at his new club and will probably be bought for a huge amount because he is a real class player. I wouldn't mind if he did get sold because I would totally understand the whole reason behind the move. Mata is in his prime years and deserves to play every week for a top club.

Its just a shame that he's competing with Oscar(one of the best CAM in world football today) for that sole spot.

For the 1st part, actually nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Maybe some players are clever and they know about their ability and where do they stand in the team, sometime moving is better for your career. For example Glen Johnson, not used enough here, decided to move to Portmouth and now eventually playing for 1 of the biggest club in England, regarding as top 5 BPL RB, at the time if he has stayed Ferreira, then Ivan would have been ahead of him so he wouldn't have ever make it here. Kevin another example right now. knowing that he is not ever gonna be better than our current starting 3, he decided he wants to move and maybe in 3 years he will be playing for PSG or something instead of warming our bench. So I can't really blame the players for leaving like you said, sometime it is important you know where you stand as well, for example if Nani was playing for Madrid atm and he knows Bale/Ronaldo are ahead of him, no point trying to prove yourselves because you know you will just never be able to win that spot. So maybe Mata believes he won't ever be better than Oscar for that CAM role or Willian for that RW role or Hazard for LW and who could blame him? I personally think he is at his peak atm and Oscar is no where near his world class self yet while Hazard will forever be a better player than Mata. So leaving is the best option for him and for us to get some money to sign a CDM/ST we really need.

For the 2nd part I agree but which top class teams left that he will fit into well without a fight? Bayern, Madrid, Barca he got no chance, the next best teams are the likes of us, City and PSG. Maybe PSG because they don't have a top class play maker. Or maybe he wants to be the only 1 starting in his position, in this case moving to teams like Atletico, Napoli...etc who are good but just below the best in the world levels.

For the 1st part, actually nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Maybe some players are clever and they know about their ability and where do they stand in the team, sometime moving is better for your career. For example Glen Johnson, not used enough here, decided to move to Portmouth and now eventually playing for 1 of the biggest club in England, regarding as top 5 BPL RB, at the time if he has stayed Ferreira, then Ivan would have been ahead of him so he wouldn't have ever make it here. Kevin another example right now. knowing that he is not ever gonna be better than our current starting 3, he decided he wants to move and maybe in 3 years he will be playing for PSG or something instead of warming our bench. So I can't really blame the players for leaving like you said, sometime it is important you know where you stand as well, for example if Nani was playing for Madrid atm and he knows Bale/Ronaldo are ahead of him, no point trying to prove yourselves because you know you will just never be able to win that spot. So maybe Mata believes he won't ever be better than Oscar for that CAM role or Willian for that RW role or Hazard for LW and who could blame him? I personally think he is at his peak atm and Oscar is no where near his world class self yet while Hazard will forever be a better player than Mata. So leaving is the best option for him and for us to get some money to sign a CDM/ST we really need.

For the 2nd part I agree but which top class teams left that he will fit into well without a fight? Bayern, Madrid, Barca he got no chance, the next best teams are the likes of us, City and PSG. Maybe PSG because they don't have a top class play maker. Or maybe he wants to be the only 1 starting in his position, in this case moving to teams like Atletico, Napoli...etc who are good but just below the best in the world levels.

The only reason why Oscar gets picked over Mata is because of his exceptional defensive skills. Now Oscar is one skinny guy yet he makes the successful efforts in tackling and getting the ball from the oppositions.This is something really brilliant and should not be looked as a small ability.

Oscar has full rights to play as a CAM this season because of his current form this season also last season he was most on the right side so he's gone through the phase of adapting. Mata is exceptional going forward but lacks the energy to defend and attack the same time.That affects Jose's unique style of attacking so he has no choice but to drop him.

Maybe you are right. Mata should be sold in the summer and probably PSG maybe the best place. We'll get the amount he truly is worth of and Mata will continue to play with world class players and the Champions League. It is sad that Mata is being underused here but its also remarkable to know that we have an amazing player like Oscar.

The only reason why Oscar gets picked over Mata is because of his exceptional defensive skills. Now Oscar is one skinny guy yet he makes the successful efforts in tackling and getting the ball from the oppositions.This is something really brilliant and should not be looked as a small ability.

Oscar has full rights to play as a CAM this season because of his current form this season also last season he was most on the right side so he's gone through the phase of adapting. Mata is exceptional going forward but lacks the energy to defend and attack the same time.That affects Jose's unique style of attacking so he has no choice but to drop him.

Maybe you are right. Mata should be sold in the summer and probably PSG maybe the best place. We'll get the amount he truly is worth of and Mata will continue to play with world class players and the Champions League. It is sad that Mata is being underused here but its also remarkable to know that we have an amazing player like Oscar.

Agreed about Oscar and for the last part I don't really think we should be sad, most of us while supporting the team forgot that the end of the day football is just a job for the footballers, who are entertainers, if we really get into it we start to get nostalgia about it and all that. For example if Robben was still playing for Madrid now, he would also be underused and no one would really realize how good he is, but the 2 guys in front of him(CR7/Bale in the future) are already better and will be better than him, so if I was a Madrid fan and Robben was just was our best player last season getting sold because of Ronaldo, I wouldn't really mind. Imo Mata was a good signing, gave us a good couple of seasons, now can go and we can make a tiny profit or at least get our money back. Not everyone in football can be a Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, sometime you are just Andy Cole, Dwright Yorke who are best in the world partnership 1 season then getting terrible the next, it happens.

He likes Chelsea, no doubt. He is same player he always was, but lacks play time and rhytm.

But he has hell of a bad luck, he will I think never be a starter again here, unless he somehow evolves into what Mou wants from him. Maybe he needs more time to adopt, but I doubt it. He is what he is, and he doesnt fit Mou's system.

Its love story with bad ending, Im afraid...

Unless Mata accept he is not good enough to be the star man of a top european club challenging for big trophies, his Chelsea career is dead in the water. When Mata leaves, KDB will be a batter squad player than he is right now.

Unless Mata accept he is not good enough to be the star man of a top european club challenging for big trophies, his Chelsea career is dead in the water. When Mata leaves, KDB will be a batter squad player than he is right now.

Both will leave Chelsea.

So oscar is better than mata as a CAM now, Thought I had heard it all. what short memory some people have. this is the same mata that led the premier league in assist for 2 consecutive seasons with impressive goals ratio (for an AM) to boot which rightly earned him our POTY back to back. when or if ever oscar achieves such feat and level of productivity then that ridiculous notion might have some credence.

But for now, this is like comparing ramires to yaya toure or arturo vidal. the difference in quality is clear and no amount of dip in form and managerial preference can change that.

So oscar is better than mata as a CAM now, Thought I had heard it all. what short memory some people have. this is the same mata that led the premier league in assist for 2 consecutive seasons with impressive goals ratio to boot which rightly earned him our POTY back to back. when oscar shows such productivity then that ridiculous option might have some credence.

He is doing that now, last season he was never given much chance in that CAM role because Mata was preferred by RDM then Rafa. Regarding Mata, his stats last season is good but not exactly mind blowing and in 11/12 it was just about decent.

So oscar is better than mata as a CAM now, Thought I had heard it all. what short memory some people have. this is the same mata that led the premier league in assist for 2 consecutive seasons with impressive goals ratio (for an AM) to boot which rightly earned him our POTY back to back. when or if ever oscar achieves such feat and level of productivity then that ridiculous notion might have some credence.

But for now, this is like comparing ramires to yaya toure or arturo vidal. the difference in quality is clear and no amount of dip in form and managerial preference can change that.

It depends what you want from a CAM. If you just want assists and goals then maybe Mata is the better choice (although Oscar is adding that more and more to his game as you'd expect a young player with his talent to do). But Mourinho asks the midfielders to do more, to lead the pressing and link up the team from front to back and in that regard I think Oscar is clearly better.

The sense I often get from you is that you have a very narrow scope of what you want from that role and it clearly doesn't chime with what Jose wants. I think you'd be delighted to see us build a team around Mata, rather than build a team and have players fit into the roles asked of them. Maybe that's unfair, but it's what I get from you.

Year 1: Rambo should of been POTY...

Year 2: I think it was unanimous for Mata (hazard did have good spells though)

The players your using as comparison arent really good examples.....

I always thought Mata vs OScar was exactly the same as Gerrard vs Lampard.... The same Gerrard Jose try to buy at Chelsea, Inter and Madrid..

It depends what you want from a CAM. If you just want assists and goals then maybe Mata is the better choice (although Oscar is adding that more and more to his game as you'd expect a young player with his talent to do). But Mourinho asks the midfielders to do more, to lead the pressing and link up the team from front to back and in that regard I think Oscar is clearly better.

The sense I often get from you is that you have a very narrow scope of what you want from that role and it clearly doesn't chime with what Jose wants. I think you'd be delighted to see us build a team around Mata, rather than build a team and have players fit into the roles asked of them. Maybe that's unfair, but it's what I get from you.

There's no maybe about it. statistically, visually and whatever measure and standard one can possibly apply, mata is light years ahead of oscar as a creative midfielder. no maybe about it.

And what prompted the response to bluemourinho's comment wasn't whether oscar suits mourinho's style better (which is fair enough assertion) but that oscar is simply a superior attacking midfielder and footballer to mata which is a very absurd and poorly thought out statement which lacks any substance. running around and winning tackles isn't and will never be the ultimate measure of an AM.