Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I do think the fact he’s been playing first team club and international football for the best part of 15 years maybe is something to consider for how he’s struggling with injuries and fitness now the last couple of years. Maybe. Like Eden also. But Eden never ever looked after himself quite as well/trained as well where as Lukaku is meant to be more meticulous in this side. 

Although it is well noted Rom was too heavy as a kid when he first came here from Anderlecht which I think was something that was addressed and then he had other issues at United. Not sure what the story is now with him and quite frankly, hopefully we get some sort of sale done.

He has only ever really had 2 excellent seasons in his career at big clubs. And he has played for Chelsea, Man Utd and Inter Milan for a total of 6 seasons as an established player. Going to be a big big hit financially. Be lucky to get £50m for him I think, plus clubs know we don’t want him and he doesn’t want us.

I will do a dance if we get £50m for the donkey

8 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Low chance that's his actual age, drop off and decline aren't exactly surprising. 

Get shot of him to whomever, couldn't care, I could see Newcastle taking a punt depending on how Isak fairs.

I don't think he's really declined.

With us and back at Inter he's been playing in possesion based systems for the first time in his career, which makes his weaknesses even more clear than they already are.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Going to be a big big hit financially. Be lucky to get £50m for him I think, plus clubs know we don’t want him and he doesn’t want us.

That's why I fear that he'll be back at Chelsea for pre-season training even if he doesn't like that proposal...as there is no way the owners cop a massive financial hit after the amount they just wasted in the recent transfer windows. 

Hopefully another team comes in with some sort of loan deal as I just don't see how the club sells him for peanuts after splashing 90 million in him, would be an immediate red flag for FFP and probably lead to transfer window bans. 

22 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Stop this shit please.. Every black player who drops form is suspicious being 5 years older? Lukaku was born in Belgium, European Union, in the mid-90s, not in South-Sudan.. 

However, he has been playing regular first-team football since he was like 15(he was top scorer of Belgian league at 16), it’s no wonder if he is finished nearing 30, like Rooney or Fabregas.

Settle down with the facetious comment about a racial undertone, it's a forum and it's my opinion. I grew up frequently playing against lads who were years older than what they were supposed to be in the u15s, so no, it would not surprise me if that's his actual age. 

On 22/03/2023 at 00:17, nyikolajevics said:

it’s no wonder if he is finished nearing 30, like Rooney or Fabregas.

the season Cesc turned 30yo

he had 7 goals, 15 assist in only 1945 minutes (he had a bad thigh injury in the middle of season as well, that is why his minutes were so low, he fully recovered from it later on)

can we find a 'finished' player like that?

lol

ca6eb5ac8a2a6f2d12e64f811f51e354.png

Edited by Vesper

7 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Settle down with the facetious comment about a racial undertone, it's a forum and it's my opinion. 

His age is not question of opinion, it’s objective fact. I didn’t mean to call you racist, but I feel it’s no coincidence that if a black player drops form people start to claim it’s because his age is fake. Of course, there is reason behind this, many African born players got busted, even last year in Bundesliga, I just feel it’s stupid to mix it with European born ones. Like I never heard anyone doubting Schweinsteiger’s age after his level dropped, even though looking 50 since 22.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

His age is not question of opinion, it’s objective fact. I didn’t mean to call you racist, but I feel it’s no coincidence that if a black player drops form people start to claim it’s because his age is fake. Of course, there is reason behind this, many African born players got busted, even last year in Bundesliga, I just feel it’s stupid to mix it with European born ones. Like I never heard anyone doubting Schweinsteiger’s age after his level dropped, even though looking 50 since 22.

Its true, though not so much a [roblem in Europe more in South america and Africa -nine players were excluded from the African Under-17 Championship in Morocco after MRI wrist scans showed them to be over the age limit. Congo-Brazzaville, Ivory Coast and Nigeria each had three players banned. The Under-17 World Cups in 2003, 2005 and 2007 revealed 35% of players were over age. the introduction of MRI scans now reveals players true age, so its becoming more difficult to cheat.

Lukaku is not a bottler when given a chance.
That's true and even if he misses some times remember that Diego was also missing some very easy goal opportunities some times.
He can also go through opponents using his huge body, even though he is not a particularly good dribbler.
But he is slow and of course getting slower as the years pass.
I believe that the age of slow motion players is over.

Edited by cosmicway

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Not surprised people question his age, this does not look normal.

fd7703265b2e4081b5e905cde3caf9d6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2023 at 17:55, Hamilton said:

He missed this one, but he scored so many others. I'm looking foreward to next season when Lukaku is coming back home. We will be on top of the league again with a skilled and motivated player like him. I demand why people are always laughing with him, I cannot hear people laugh with Haaland, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, Ronaldo or Messi - well Lukaku belongs in that list. We should be negotiating with him, put him under an improved contract for 5 years to ensure that other clubs won't steal him - or he does not decide to go play elsewhere. This is a rare opportunity

Edited by Lukaku is the best

52 minutes ago, Lukaku is the best said:

He missed this one, but he scored so many others. I'm looking foreward to next season when Lukaku is coming back home. We will be on top of the league again with a skilled and motivated player like him. I demand why people are always laughing with him, I cannot hear people laugh with Haaland, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, Ronaldo or Messi - well Lukaku belongs in that list. We should be negotiating with him, put him under an improved contract for 5 years to ensure that other clubs won't steal him - or he does not decide to go play elsewhere. This is a rare opportunity

The video you posted answers your own question 👍

3 hours ago, Lukaku is the best said:

I cannot hear people laugh with Haaland, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, Ronaldo or Messi - well Lukaku belongs in that list. 

So you keep saying Romelu, then when we start holding you to those standards you whinge and blame everyone but yourself.