Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Romelu Lukaku is not joining Chelsea this summer and will sign a new contract with Everton, according to the striker’s agent Mino Raiola.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/09/romelu-lukakus-agent-issues-response-to-chelseas-70m-transfer-link-6437371/#ixzz4YBapyLhe

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

Romelu Lukaku is not joining Chelsea this summer and will sign a new contract with Everton, according to the striker’s agent Mino Raiola.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/09/romelu-lukakus-agent-issues-response-to-chelseas-70m-transfer-link-6437371/#ixzz4YBapyLhe

So they are preparing a renewed contract to get a higher fee, makes sense.

On 07/02/2017 at 4:08 PM, manpe said:

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku shows he's still a Chelsea fan with five-a-side dream team picks - and there is no room for his Goodison team-mates

• Romelu Lukaku's best five-a-side team leans on his former Chelsea team-mates
  • None of the current Everton squad make it into his five-a-side selections 
  • Lukaku described Frank Lampard as 'the best I've seen' in the Premier League

Courtois

Kompany - Terry

Lampard

Drogba

I think the lad would do anything he could to become one of our best players. Hes got this urge to emulate his hero Drogs. And theres no doubting he makes no secret of liking our players and has only said good things about us. You've got to think he will have had some stick from his fellow Evertonians about this line up so big respect to him for giving it.

On 08/02/2017 at 9:44 AM, Special Juan said:

If Costa leaves and we continue with this one up front set up, the man for me would be Lukaku. The debate about hold up play and Lukaku doesn't stand ground with me because it doesn't exactly stick like glue to Costa either, Costa is much more the complete player and I honestly believe Lukaku can go onto be anything he wants, and under Conte if he arrives here could be a scary thought. Playing one top up requires a number of qualities, there is no reason to cast aside Lukaku because he is still learning, but for me he's at a great level right now and I think he deserves a much bigger club and challenge.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat IF Diego was to go.

What we have in Diego is a goal scorer. His job is to score goals which is something we have lacked a few years.

Ive loved him since he came and cant help but get excited when hes on the ball and on form (same with Eden). What gets me is he was slagged off for not shooting enough and sould be more selfish. No hes doing just that he gets slagged off again! The poor lad can't get a break! We gotta work out what we want a striker to do ffs!

And I put Rom in the same boat. I didn't really want to get shot of him when he left but he was a young guy with more tro learn. Hes still only 23 which is mind blowing and hes proved himself to everyone in the PL he can do the job.

I'm just thinking hes been trying to add into his contract he would take a smaller release clause if it was to us.

But even with Pedro doing good  I'd prefer to get a right shit hot RW to work with Eden/Diego. Give him the same freedom Eden has and we got 3 strikers roaming free.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

What gets me is he was slagged off for not shooting enough and sould be more selfish. No hes doing just that he gets slagged off again! The poor lad can't get a break! We gotta work out what we want a striker to do ffs!

Hazard? I saw a stat that before the gooner game he had 0 shots in past 3 games. He shot more in 2016, 2017 not so much. Or you mean Costa? I don't recall anybody slagging him off for shooting too little.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Hazard? I saw a stat that before the gooner game he had 0 shots in past 3 games. He shot more in 2016, 2017 not so much. Or you mean Costa? I don't recall anybody slagging him off for shooting too little.

You know theres always someone not happy with him. Its either one or the other.

We know Eden isn't the most consistent and has games where hes either taken out by the other team or is quiet for some reason. Then goes and does a 40 yard solo goal lewaving Koscielny and other North Londoners looking like blithering ijits and leaving Coquelin twerking on the ground.

Exclusive: Chelsea plan summer spending spree with Romelu Lukaku and Joao Cancelo on the radar                    
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-chelsea-plan-summer-spending-spree-with-romelu-lukaku-and-joao-cancelo-on-the-radar-143512509.html

• 2 weeks later...

I still reckon we put them together along with Eden it would be amazing

The Romelu Lukaku stats that prove he's been more lethal than Chelsea striker Diego Costa in 2016/17

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/stats-reveal-how-lethal-chelseas-12630931

Honestly at this point, I think he may be a better player than Costa. 

You can harp on about consistency, but one guy plays for Everton, and the other for Chelsea. Easier to convert chances when a lot more are being created for you and you're surrounded by far better talent.

Costa, for such a big and strong guy himself really struggles for me in regards to playing with his back to goal. Even Torres, for all the talk of being soft and a sissy at times was far better in the link up, and hold up aspect of things, and he originally didn't start off that way as a player. Costa really struggles with his touch and ability to shield the ball when coming back to meet the ball. Kills off a few of our promising attacks.

When he is side on with his man, he is fantastic, and knows how to keep his man off him. I also don't mind his runs when he is facing goal and tries to take on 2 or 3 players. I've always considered it a positive since it keeps the defenders on their toes, and he is in fact a lot better at it than people give him credit for at it. 

Lukaku looks like a completely different player than what he once was. His movement is great in the box, he can still slip the lines and use his pace, and he dribbling has gotten a lot better. If he was playing for one of the top teams, I think he'd be getting best striker in the league talks. 

10 hours ago, Thor said:

Honestly at this point, I think he may be a better player than Costa. 

You can harp on about consistency, but one guy plays for Everton, and the other for Chelsea. Easier to convert chances when a lot more are being created for you and you're surrounded by far better talent.

Costa, for such a big and strong guy himself really struggles for me in regards to playing with his back to goal. Even Torres, for all the talk of being soft and a sissy at times was far better in the link up, and hold up aspect of things, and he originally didn't start off that way as a player. Costa really struggles with his touch and ability to shield the ball when coming back to meet the ball. Kills off a few of our promising attacks.

When he is side on with his man, he is fantastic, and knows how to keep his man off him. I also don't mind his runs when he is facing goal and tries to take on 2 or 3 players. I've always considered it a positive since it keeps the defenders on their toes, and he is in fact a lot better at it than people give him credit for at it. 

Lukaku looks like a completely different player than what he once was. His movement is great in the box, he can still slip the lines and use his pace, and he dribbling has gotten a lot better. If he was playing for one of the top teams, I think he'd be getting best striker in the league talks. 

Koeman is getting the best out of him. Conte can bring out even more. 

I'd still say it: Costa isn't better than Lukaku. Costa goes missing for a few matches, comes alive in a match like Swansea around the 84th minute and scores the 3-1 and people praise him.

He has brought us many points. Crucial ones. Against WBA and Palace away. But he isn't more consistent than Lukaku. Lukaku gets so much hate from Chelsea fans because of his "poor first touch". Well, Costa first touch isn't that much better isn't it? Costa is a horrible link up for a player like Hazard, and goes for goal way too much for his own succes. Silly runs and dribbles which always result in him getting fouled. He kills off many, many attacks like you say.

I'd sell Costa this summer as he's already declining in his performance and form. If it goes between Lukaku and Morata: Lukaku all day. 

On 09/02/2017 at 11:22 AM, the wes said:

Good don't want him - lazy player... he gets more chances at Everton because teams approach playing them differently. 

I would rather have Defoe for a season than Lukaku. 

Romelu Lukaku: I need Champions League football to become world's best

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10789012/romelu-lukaku-i-need-champions-league-football-to-become-worlds-best

Let's get him this summer. We can provide that for him. 

Putting someone like Rom or Sanchez alongside Eden and Diego we would go on a search and destroy mission thru Europe.

Right now we have the highest GD in the PL.. We go against Wet Spam with a +45 GD ffs! Now put one of those 2 lads into the equasion. 2 of the top scorers in the PL playing alongside and helping each other.

Makes me drool down me legs!