Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He strikes me as someone who offers little in terms of character and when he isnt scoring, he is basicaly invisible. 

He is somewhat similar in style to Diego, with later even better finisher inside pen area and more decisive in key moments. But he is quite older too.

Lukaku has definately the potential to be unbelievably good. But he needs to find that fire, character to lead, to be difference maker. Same could be said for Pogba. Lukaku is young and who knows how will he play at 28. Maybe he will be next Drogba or next Defoe. 

If we do sell Costa (hopefuly not), Lukaku would be good option. Lacazette, Belotti, Auba, Dembele etc neither is proven scorer like Costa was, so anyone will be a gamble. 

I was having this discussion with a friend yesterday. Personally either Rom or Belotti for me.

Belotti is the most like for like replacement for Diego, Rom would be the most physically imposing and a proven PL goal scorer, While Morata would be the smartest and interplay with the rest of the team would be the best. (in my opinion)

I do believe Conte would be able to get the best out of Rom which is why I am warming to the idea of him returning. Young players go through a maturation process as professionals and I think Conte could have the same effect on Rom as he did on Pogba.

If Costa does finally move on I have full faith that whoever we bring in will be Conte approved from what he wants out of his striker which works for me. 

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Because... who's available to replace Costa who's back in his 15/16 season form atm? Morata? Please no.

People slamming Lukaku on here but praising Costa at the moment need the get their heads checked. Costa is dogshit at the moment.

Where have I praised Costa's recent performances?

All Diego and Antonio Conte needs is a bonifide 2nd option, that can challenge Diego Costa. We don't have that in Michy Batshuayi, so Diego is a nailed on started week-in, week-out. And although Diego has had a fantastic bill of health this season, we can't trust those hamstrings to hold up next season with UCL football. As long we sign a 2nd Stiker Antonio Conte trusts then we'll be fine next season. 

3 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Where have I praised Costa's recent performances?

All Diego and Antonio Conte needs is a bonifide 2nd option, that can challenge Diego Costa. We don't have that in Michy Batshuayi, so Diego is a nailed on started week-in, week-out. And although Diego has had a fantastic bill of health this season, we can't trust those hamstrings to hold up next season with UCL football. As long we sign a 2nd Stiker Antonio Conte trusts then we'll be fine next season. 

Someone eats too much Popeye's. :P

Just now, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Guilty as charged. Although the key disclaimer here is, "used to." :D

That stuff is crack. Probably has killed more in the African-American community that crack itself.

Makes KFC taste like rubbery shit.

Fuck no. When he's not scoring goals he's freaking useless. 

Would it really be that much to ask to just get a striker that scores goals but who can still contribute in other ways and can actually control a fucking football.

3 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Fuck no. When he's not scoring goals he's freaking useless. 

Would it really be that much to ask to just get a striker that scores goals but who can still contribute in other ways and can actually control a fucking football.

your asking for too much sense mate. 

Romelu Lukaku questions Everton’s ambitions to ‘win big trophies’

Striker has rejected new five-year deal at Goodison Park 
 Lukaku: ‘Instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/15/everton-romelu-lukaku-questions-ambition-win-trophies-reject-new-deal

Ouch that hurts to the Everton fans. :D

I now definitely see him coming to Chelsea this summer. Now I wonder if it's just him, because there's also rumors of Morata, Dembele, Belotti and much more. 

But with Lukaku no doubt Conte wants him, and he will want to come back. 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Romelu Lukaku questions Everton’s ambitions to ‘win big trophies’

Striker has rejected new five-year deal at Goodison Park 
 Lukaku: ‘Instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/15/everton-romelu-lukaku-questions-ambition-win-trophies-reject-new-deal

Ouch that hurts to the Everton fans. :D

I now definitely see him coming to Chelsea this summer. Now I wonder if it's just him, because there's also rumors of Morata, Dembele, Belotti and much more. 

But with Lukaku no doubt Conte wants him, and he will want to come back. 

he will come here in a heart beat, but Everton will want silly money for him, expect a Stones type scenario, not worth all that trouble

I'd take him in a flash. But why canr we play him alongside Eden and Diego? Get a couple of yechnically minded players in to properly feed thay yop 3 and they would go crackers! Let them all have Edens freedom to rroam around and defenders wont be able to mark them.

He would play his heart out trying to emulate Drogs who he always wanted to be.

I dont see Diego leaving myself as I think all the lads think they could do OK in Europe with help.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10803236/romelu-lukaku-frustrated-by-everton-transfer-policy-and-says-he-wants-to-win-trophies
in this interview he showed why we should not bring him back, he is so arrogant, like zlatan but without the trophies, we should bring different characters to Chelsea, humble one's that respect the other players, the manager, we don't want another Costa or even worst then him... there were a time that we brought a lot of young players that are good guys azpi, hazard, KDB, mata it's make a good dressing room and help the team to have a strong bond on the pitch, football it's about a team, it's not an individual sport 

It's bizarre to see a player utterly fail for your team, then want them back when they excel for another. Should we bring back Cuadrado and Salah?

This'd work out as well for us as Pogba going back to United has so far.