Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Did you just call Essien average?

Yo hold your horses he was a great player no doubt but dont act as thou we were a gerard or lampard or even a toni kroos or any other world best nominee.
Thats what i meant. But he was great thou

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Yo hold your horses he was a great player no doubt but dont act as thou we were a gerard or lampard or even a toni kroos or any other world best nominee.
Thats what i meant. But he was great thou

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

EDIT: moved my reply there http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20369-michael-essien/?page=57#comment-1268279

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

He'll probably disappear for a couple weeks now 

Exactly. He now has one more goal in the PL than Costa but looking deeper in the statistics we can see that Costa has scored in 14 different games and Swansea away is the only time he's scored more than one goal. Lukaku on the other hand has 16 goals divided over ten matches. Hitting 3-4 goals in a match every once in a while is all well and good but call me crazy when I'd much rather have a reliable one goal a game kind of striker who scores the same amount of goals divided evenly over the course of a season and doesn't go missing for long periods of time.

That being said, Lukaku has definitely surprised me and he's been a lot better this season than last year from what I've seen. Maybe it's just a result of Everton having a better manager than Martinez but maybe he has also improved as a player, I don't know because I haven't watched Everton enough to say for sure.

If Costa is really going to leave in the summer as is rumoured in the media, the club could do a lot worse than buying Lukaku for a replacement. Someone like Aubameyang would obviously be the ideal choice tho.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Exactly. He now has one more goal in the PL than Costa but looking deeper in the statistics we can see that Costa has scored in 14 different games and Swansea away is the only time he's scored more than one goal. Lukaku on the other hand has 16 goals divided over ten matches. Hitting 3-4 goals in a match every once in a while is all well and good but call me crazy when I'd much rather have a reliable one goal a game kind of striker who scores the same amount of goals divided evenly over the course of a season and doesn't go missing for long periods of time.

That being said, Lukaku has definitely surprised me and he's been a lot better this season than last year from what I've seen. Maybe it's just a result of Everton having a better manager than Martinez but maybe he has also improved as a player, I don't know because I haven't watched Everton enough to say for sure.

If Costa is really going to leave in the summer as is rumoured in the media, the club could do a lot worse than buying Lukaku for a replacement. Someone like Aubameyang would obviously be the ideal choice tho.

Scoring in slightly less games, probably in games when Everton needed them is a worse thing now? 

They needed his 4 goals today. All 4. That is reliability too. Not to mention, he doesn't have world class players setting him up like Costa does in Chelsea. 

Lukaku is a beast. A very good player, and could very well end up leading our line again. I'm not sure if he is good enough. Certainly seems like it given his level of play recently.

Watched the Everton highlights and he was incredible. 

Rumour has it we're targeting Morata but nah I surely wouldn't do that. Never impressed me at Juve and now a second string player at Real and of course Premier League unproven.

Lukaku has already proved himself. Safer bet.

5 hours ago, Jype said:

If we sell Diego, I wouldnt settle for anything less than Lukaku-Morata. Both young, experienced, quick, can score with both feet or head, but while one is target man, the other is second striker and I think it would be deadly. Maybe we could get Hasselbaink-Gudjohnsen mark II in those two.

That said, I still hope Diego stays here for next few years.

even if costa would like to stay it is best we sell him. am sure his 80m price will drop to 60m this summer especially when he isnt going to be the top goal scorer. i mean it took costa with all the balls supplied 17 games to score 15 goals and it takes lukaku 10 or so to score 16 goals. lukaku aint desperate and selfish as costa is. just watch the arsenal highlights we could have been 3:0 up by half time if he had just assisted others. as a player when its not your the best you can do is to assist.

13 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

even if costa would like to stay it is best we sell him. am sure his 80m price will drop to 60m this summer especially when he isnt going to be the top goal scorer. i mean it took costa with all the balls supplied 17 games to score 15 goals and it takes lukaku 10 or so to score 16 goals. lukaku aint desperate and selfish as costa is. just watch the arsenal highlights we could have been 3:0 up by half time if he had just assisted others. as a player when its not your the best you can do is to assist.

Costa scored 15 goals (+5 assists) in 22 games. Lukaku scored 16 goals (+4 assists) in 23 games. Take that one Lukaku's freakish game against Bournemouth away and he is way behind Costa.

22 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

Costa scored 15 goals (+5 assists) in 22 games. Lukaku scored 16 goals (+4 assists) in 23 games. Take that one Lukaku's freakish game against Bournemouth away and he is way behind Costa.

and also he scored a hatrick few months back. Lukaku is just inconsistent to be a top striker

22 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

3 goals is "way behind" someone? And why take it? And also, Lukaku plays for midtable Everton, not for the very best team in the league.

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku shows he's still a Chelsea fan with five-a-side dream team picks - and there is no room for his Goodison team-mates

• Romelu Lukaku's best five-a-side team leans on his former Chelsea team-mates
  • None of the current Everton squad make it into his five-a-side selections 
  • Lukaku described Frank Lampard as 'the best I've seen' in the Premier League

Courtois

Kompany - Terry

Lampard

Drogba

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He wouldn't need to be the only source of goals here like he has to at Everton. People have to remember that. He'd be surrounded by the likes of Hazard, Pedro, and Willian (plus whoever else we sign) who can all chip in double digit goals in a season. At Everton he's their only reliable goal source and he carries them on his back.

Honestly, I don't think our level would drop much if at all with Lukaku in place of Costa. If Diego must go in the summer, Lukaku + Morata or some other mobile, "second striker" type would make me very pleased. Love him or hate him Lukaku is the real deal now. A reliable, 20 goal per season striker at the age of only 23. His touch can be poor as hell some matches but then isn't Diego's?

And he's homegrown as well. 

For me it's a good deal now. Worth the price now.