Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Well considering that Everton said we never made contact over Lukaku, all this with him now committing himself to Everton seems to have left egg on his face.

The whole saga stinks of his agent thinking Costa was leaving therefore putting Lukaku into the picture and getting him to make noises in the press. There are no bids or enquiries  from any club especially Chelsea who looked settled with Costa and Batman etc....... therefore Lukaku has to go back to Everton with his tail between his legs and commit to them.

I still think he would have slotted in well but hes not one of those players I'll lose sleep over not getting.

Nowt happening on the James front?

With Conte wanting to use the 2 up front and HOPEFULLY we get the 2 defenders needed then we will be short of strikers. We know that only a miracle will keep Diego off the banned/injured list which leaves Bats - which is great - but wont have a partner unless of course we thro Eden up and Moses on LW. That would work good. Just dont put RLC up there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He is a funny one. Stats were always on his side, but he never was that great player. Rooney and Ronaldo might had less goals, but were established top players. Lukaku for now seems to be big fish in small pound. Same for Belgium, decent number of goals, but he never looks as the guy to rely on.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how much he has improve with Koeman just this season. 

Because the past few seasons he was meh. 

I can now not be bother if we do decide to go after him again in the transfer window with ridiculous amount of money. 

This forum really cracks me up.

Some of you sit here and loathe the fact we sold Mata, when over the course of his stay at Chelsea outside of one splendid season, he proved to be very average, and since he has left, he proved to be even more average than we thought.

On the other hand, we have Lukaku, who for some reason is hated on here, and people act as if he had a cry, and didn't want to fight for his spot. Sounds like something Mata did when he couldn't get selected for the team and got dropped. Lukaku on the other hand was a young kid wanting his break. Guess what? Since he got it, he has been fantastic, and one of the best forwards in the league. He has proven to be a great talent, unlike Mata. Once again he sits up near the top of the goal scorers list and is a constant headache for most defenders. He has improved his link up play, is an immense threat in front of goal, and plays within himself. He is clearly a skilled player with a great eye for goal. I would not mind him back at all.  

Lukaku is an amazing player and he is on fire right now. I still remember people here and on Twitter talking shit about him when we where linked with him back in the summer this year.

They didn't want him because of his "poor touch" and now he's banging in goals everywhere for Everton. Also because of Koeman. Koeman is a manager that when he gives a player full confidence, the player pays it back in full. Lukaku would even do better with a manager like Conte. Martinez was a big wimp we couldn't motivate his players.

For me, I would like him to return some day. He is better than Batshuayi for sure but Michy has the same potential as Rom...we'll see.

He keeps improving and I'm very impressed by his attitude and dedication. Big, physical youngsters like Lukaku often ignore to work on their all-round game and just rely on that physicality which helped them stand out at a young age. But in Lukaku you see a player who basically ignores his limitations and keeps looking for ways to get better. You can see him maturing in his decision-making as well. He also wanted to leave in the summer but hasn't let that affect his form for Everton. The boy's a pro.

Soon he'll reach Costa's level in terms of ability (arguably already there). The thing with Costa is he makes up for his technical deficiencies with his great energy and iron will. He's always moving and running and he takes on the responsibility to make things happen for his team. My question with Lukaku is whether he can offer something similar. That special quality that sets him apart. Without that, he'll always be criticised when things aren't going well when he joins a top team. Even Costa receives quite a bit of criticism. But we'll see.

He won't find a new team easily though, which was the case in summer. Only a few clubs can afford him now. Chelsea is not happening as long as Costa is at the club (and unless Suarez or Lewandowski is joining, I don't want him to go). Arsenal has Sanchez (football doesn't suit him anyway), City has Aguero and Utd have Ibra and two huge talents in Martial and Rashford. Liverpool is a no go. The elite three is covered and Juve has Higuain. Atletico would be perfect but can't afford him and Simeone is leaving 2018, making them less desirable for big names/talents.

9 hours ago, DYC. said:

He keeps improving and I'm very impressed by his attitude and dedication. Big, physical youngsters like Lukaku often ignore to work on their all-round game and just rely on that physicality which helped them stand out at a young age. But in Lukaku you see a player who basically ignores his limitations and keeps looking for ways to get better. You can see him maturing in his decision-making as well. He also wanted to leave in the summer but hasn't let that affect his form for Everton. The boy's a pro.

Soon he'll reach Costa's level in terms of ability (arguably already there). The thing with Costa is he makes up for his technical deficiencies with his great energy and iron will. He's always moving and running and he takes on the responsibility to make things happen for his team. My question with Lukaku is whether he can offer something similar. That special quality that sets him apart. Without that, he'll always be criticised when things aren't going well when he joins a top team. Even Costa receives quite a bit of criticism. But we'll see.

He won't find a new team easily though, which was the case in summer. Only a few clubs can afford him now. Chelsea is not happening as long as Costa is at the club (and unless Suarez or Lewandowski is joining, I don't want him to go). Arsenal has Sanchez (football doesn't suit him anyway), City has Aguero and Utd have Ibra and two huge talents in Martial and Rashford. Liverpool is a no go. The elite three is covered and Juve has Higuain. Atletico would be perfect but can't afford him and Simeone is leaving 2018, making them less desirable for big names/talents.

Still us if Conte goes 3-5-2? IF he does in the near future, than Lukaku and Costa up front would be good on paper but I don't know if it is a good partnership as the best striker duo should be one psychical striker and one with much pace. Costa and Lukaku are kinda both of the same type of strikers. 

Expect José to blast the cash for Griezmann who is United bound either way thanks to his Manc brother and his BF Pogba at Utd. I have the naggin feeling that Lukaku will move to Arsenal sadly. Sanchez is only playing ST there because he's even better than that Giroud guy and that Lucas Perez and Wellshit. 

Solanke is a prospect but he won't become our first choice. Same with Tammy Abraham. Michy is, like I said earlier, still on the doubting side as we haven't seen much of him yet but still think Big Rom has the edge over him. 

That's the problem with Michy BTW. That kid needs way more playing time but Costa is, god bless, in an amazing form. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still think a Eden/Diego/Lukaku front line would be scary!

Ronald Koeman tells Romelu Lukaku to leave Everton

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/730405/Romelu-Lukaku-Leave-Everton-Ronald-Koeman-Transfer-Chelsea-Manchester-United

• 2 months later...
This forum really cracks me up.
Some of you sit here and loathe the fact we sold Mata, when over the course of his stay at Chelsea outside of one splendid season, he proved to be very average, and since he has left, he proved to be even more average than we thought.
On the other hand, we have Lukaku, who for some reason is hated on here, and people act as if he had a cry, and didn't want to fight for his spot. Sounds like something Mata did when he couldn't get selected for the team and got dropped. Lukaku on the other hand was a young kid wanting his break. Guess what? Since he got it, he has been fantastic, and one of the best forwards in the league. He has proven to be a great talent, unlike Mata. Once again he sits up near the top of the goal scorers list and is a constant headache for most defenders. He has improved his link up play, is an immense threat in front of goal, and plays within himself. He is clearly a skilled player with a great eye for goal. I would not mind him back at all.  

I totally agree with you. Sometimes chelsea fans make me laugh as thou all the great players chelsea had were all world class. Wake up from those dream we have had more average players. Wat makes up chelsea fc is the team work. Malouda, Alex, Essien, Wright Philips and so on. I can list a page of average players chelsea have had that made the team great. We were never a Real Madrid, Barcelona, or a Manchester United kind of a team. Remember that.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I totally agree with you. Sometimes chelsea fans make me laugh as thou all the great players chelsea had were all world class. Wake up from those dream we have had more average players. Wat makes up chelsea fc is the team work. Malouda, Alex, Essien, Wright Philips and so on. I can list a page of average players chelsea have had that made the team great. We were never a Real Madrid, Barcelona, or a Manchester United kind of a team. Remember that.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

Did you just call Essien average?