Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Never said I expected that of him.

When your biggest strength and asset is your size and physicality like Lukaku's are, you have to be able to hold up the ball, bring other players into play, and distribute it accurately. His first touch is frankly very poor. The ball goes in and often bounces off of his feet 5 yards away from him giving the other team possession. He also puts the blinders on and tries to do too much at times.

These are all things that come with development and coaching so he'll obviously get better.

Which all requires a certain degree of technical ability which Lukaku doens't possess. and again you have proven my point. I'm not justifying his purchase in the first place or implying that all power strikers are technically limited but power forward with good to decent technique are very very rare. I see him as a physically gifted chicharito.

I have already come to that realization a long time ago which is why I try not to criticize him like some do because I understand and accept him for what he's. even though it frustrate me how any player that makes it to the top level isn't able to do the basics right. the point I raised in the ivanovic thread. it's frustrating but I understand.

Which all requires a certain degree of technical ability which Lukaku doens't possess. and again you have proven my point. I'm not justifying his purchase in the first place or implying that all power strikers are technically limited but power forward with good to decent technique are very very rare. I see him as a physically gifted chicharito.

I have already come to that realization a long time ago which is why I try not to criticize him like some do because I understand and accept him for what he's. even though it frustrate me how any player that makes it to the top level isn't able to do the basics right. the point I raised in the ivanovic thread. it's frustrating but I understand.

well I believe that good coaching and the correct work ethic can greatly improve skill levels ,, I think Romelu has the attitude that will help this ,

the model is Lampard ..

you cant train technique. either you have it or not. its something more or less god given. he surely can improve his heading and maybe his positioning etc, but he wont improve his first touch for example or other technical aspects of his game. he would be a good 2nd striker next season, but nowehre ready to lead our line. in fact, if a good offer comes in, I would consider selling him, because I dont see a bright future for him to be honest. just lacks the technical ability and is too often a passenger at the moment. and we dont have the time to wait 3 or 4 years watching him getting sligthly better (which I doubt he will do).

Lukaku has suddenly spoken about that gesture Anelka made recently...

Rob Harris @RobHarris 18m

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku calls on FA not to "make such a big deal about" Anelka's gesture, says should not be banned

Chelsea striker Lukaku (on loan at Everton) says Anelka "should not be banned...he just liked to support a stand-up comedian in France"

Lukaku is speaking on Everton's own website backing Anelka for performing a gesture seen by some to be anti-Semitic

What's the whole fuss about Anelka anyway? It's quite clear he was (well not very cleverly) supporting his buddy, not condemning the Jewish nation to a fiery hell.

As far as Lukaku goes, look: or you are a democratic country with freedom of speech, or people need to "learn to be quiet".

You can't have both.

People should stop whining and stop giving weight to every small thing a 20 yo kid says.

What's the whole fuss about Anelka anyway? It's quite clear he was (well not very cleverly) supporting his buddy, not condemning the Jewish nation to a fiery hell.

As far as Lukaku goes, look: or you are a democratic country with freedom of speech, or people need to "learn to be quiet".

You can't have both.

People should stop whining and stop giving weight to every small thing a 20 yo kid says.

This. it's ridiculous how the anti semetism thing is beeing used the shield the zionists from any criticism at all nowadays. Meanwhile Israel has become a fascist state themselves and the "democratic" countries of the world are funding their crimes. anyone who critisizes them is immediately attacked by the media.

remember when Hazard supposedly signed that petition?

Its worth noting that there are many Jewish organisations who are against the existence of their own state..