Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

seeing the criticism of Lukaku on here is so reminiscent of West Ham fans when Lampard played for them ..

Lukaku apparently has the same work ethic as Frank ,, SO KTF and support the kid

Lampard is hindering the team as well so he should really be gone in the summer.

I'm one of those people that isn't so sure he fits our system... but then I read people saying that if he was here he'd probably score more goals than our currently ones, but that still he isn't a Chelsea player. I'm honestly :blink:

The only reason I'm not sure he's a Chelsea player is because I don't know (can't predict, I'm sort of lost when it comes to him) if he'll score as many goals with us. If he does, I don't care about his inconsistent first touch, his lack of stamina, and his lack of technicality in some kind of plays.

I only still have doubts because I think maybe those aspects will prevent him from scoring frequently based in our system, but if they don't, then what's there to question? The kid is 20. 20!!!!! It's not like he doesn't have time to improve those areas and if he just can't improve them, but still can score often and end seasons with 20-30+ goals for us, I honestly don't see the problem.

I'm one of those people that isn't so sure he fits our system... but then I read people saying that if he was here he'd probably score more goals than our currently ones, but that still he isn't a Chelsea player. I'm honestly :blink:

The only reason I'm not sure he's a Chelsea player is because I don't know (can't predict, I'm sort of lost when it comes to him) if he'll score as many goals with us. If he does, I don't care about his inconsistent first touch, his lack of stamina, and his lack of technicality in some kind of plays.

I only still have doubts because I think maybe those aspects will prevent him from scoring frequently based in our system, but if they don't, then what's there to question? The kid is 20. 20!!!!! It's not like he doesn't have time to improve those areas and if he just can't improve them, but still can score often and end seasons with 20-30+ goals for us, I honestly don't see the problem.

Exactly he is well ahead ,if you compare where Drogba was in his career at Lukaku's age! Its upto the Cfc coaching staff to improve him in the areas that he needs and with a natural learning curve,we will have a 20+ prem goal scorer for many years to come! Ffs its been emotional waiting for 1

I'm reading an article on BBC about Belgium's chances in the WC and he got hammered by some of the legends (Van Der Elst & Classen) being interviewed. They don't think he's good enough ("poor technique", terrible in tight spaces"). They were also quite critical of the fullback situation and the lack of goals scored.

Going to be tons of pressure on Big Rom and Hazard this summer.

EDIT: Surprised at how poor both Lukaku and Benteke have been internationally record wise.

Lukaku: 5 goals in 24 app

Benteke:6 goals in 17 app

Overly defensive tactics, poor service must be the problem.

I'm reading an article on BBC about Belgium's chances in the WC and he got hammered by some of the legends (Van Der Elst & Classen) being interviewed. They don't think he's good enough ("poor technique", terrible in tight spaces"). They were also quite critical of the fullback situation and the lack of goals scored.

EDIT: Surprised at how poor both Lukaku and Benteke have been internationally record wise.

Slow build up more likely. The NT uses Rom very much in the wrong way - if at all. Romelu wasnt used really this WC campaign. Most of his appearances date from when he was even younger. Even then, with Leekens as coach, we sucked playing indeed defensive boring shitball.

Also Nico Claessen is hardly a legend, Swa Vanderelst a bit more but none if those guys even have made it as a manager. Just opinions from guys who might just be a bit bitter/jealous about the new genereation tbh.

Concerning these old guys, especially Vanderelst: they're always like this. They keep criticising the current generation because 27 years ago they made it to the Word Cup semi finals with a lot of luck. If they're honest they'll admit players like Kompany, Hazard and Witsel are far superior to all of them in any way. Most of these assholes never even played in another European league, some talented exceptions aside.

Concerning the goals: A lot of Lukaku's caps were either as a 16 year old in a crappy team or as a sub in the last 25 minutes. He played only two matches in this qualification session.

Benteke also got a couple of caps as a youngster before he was actually good. We had an obvious striker shortage a couple of years ago.

Our problem is a lack of creativity in our midfield 3. We usually play a 4-3-3 with a dm and 2 box to box playing in front of him.

Witsel is always the DM and then we've got Fellaini, Dembele, Dufour for the 2 other positions. Like you can see none of them are really that creative.

Our ability to create chances rests solely on Hazard and De Bruyne.

Lack of proper offensive fullbacks is also not helping. We've got 2 CB's playing fullback.

How are Dembele or Defour not creative?

Even Witsel could just as easily play as a 10.

As I said before, the main problem is we take to long to get the ball upfront. If you play with Lukaku as the deep striker, you should go for quick counters, and not playing lateral balls all the time... :)

As I said before, the main problem is we take to long to get the ball upfront. If you play with Lukaku as the deep striker, you should go for quick counters, and not playing lateral balls all the time... :)

Our main problem is the lack of a capable manager. Wilmots + Borkelmans in charge of the most talented Belgian team ever? Such a waste.

Don't want to start beef but Defour is creative?? He doesn't start for a Porto team that's in dire need of that... I think he's kinda meh