Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

he is still having the same flaws. awful first touch, seems to lack stamina and sometimes his movement on the pitch is kinda awkard (too often going out wide). really needs to work on this, but it seems like he cant improve this things. nowhere near to lead our line next year, but could do well as a 2nd striker.

And still he scored nine goals in 16 matches for Everton. Making top 5 in the PL top scorer list (after missing the first four or so matches and not being able to play against Chelsea).

Not hard working enough for a team like Chelsea imo, never see him actually try to tackle and win the ball back, most of the time he just stood there watching and waiting for others to feed him the ball. At this rate he could still make it here but more like a sub rather than a starting striker, something he won't accept imo. But of course he is still young and could improve a lot more.

He always works his socks off. When Everton beat United at OT he worked his socks off running back and forward while ripping Vidic and his other partner to shreds. Another conclusion you seem to keep jumping to. Same way you said this stuff about Aguero scoring more than him at his age... bla bla bla... you were tested on it and you could not reply because you know your statement was pure rubbish. Most importantly he gets goals and you said "he could improve". Of course he is going to improve. He is 20 and one of the highest scorers in the prem despite missing a few games for Everton at the start.

And oh yeah, while it is good for strikers to work hard, I would much rather have a striker known for scoring goals!

The Chelsea system is different.

The CF needs to work hard for the team, not so much the team has to work hard for their CF...Lukaku still doesnt know how to conserve his energy for 90mins and his touch is suspect, but as I mentioned last season, I would be shocked if Mourinho made him the nr1 option as CF. For now, hes best bet is a supersub using his physical attributes when the opposition is fatigue and getting goals for Chelsea... I still dont think he would of been a better option than what we have now, but he definitely would of scored more goals than our current strikers.....

On a side note, I dont expect his technique to ever improve.

Pipo Inzaghi never ran more than 2 seconds at a time in his entire life. Now look at his stats. :P

Still, Lukaku is not a lazy striker. Don't know where you get that idea. He's always a burden on defense...

Not lazy, but not as active.....

The CF needs to work hard for the team, not so much the team has to work hard for their CF...Lukaku still doesnt know how to conserve his energy for 90mins and his touch is suspect, but as I mentioned last season, I would be shocked if Mourinho made him the nr1 option as CF. For now, hes best bet is a supersub using his physical attributes when the opposition is fatigue and getting goals for Chelsea... I still dont think he would of been a better option than what we have now, but he definitely would of scored more goals than our current strikers.....

Like I said, he is not lazy. Far from it and all his hard work for Everton is why he needs a rest at some point. He is no way a poacher who simply stays in the box. He works hard and with Martinez playing style, he has everyone pressing which includes the striker working back.

Also I hope for that point you have never ever suggested us getting Falcao then. If he was here and scoring more than our strikers we would be top. That is the difference.

I agree with you on his technique.

He's too flat footed wich is why he's so rubbish when he has to do turns and takes too much time to gain speed from still position.

I think he should do a 2-3 months stages with rugby coaches and athletic coaches to use his feet better and have better agility.

Seriously, what is this? Isn't that the whole point of being a striker?

Not for Chelsea...

The amount of work the CFs have to put it really puts a toll on their stats.... How many times did Drogba scored +20 in the PL? Once

Anelka? Zero

The glory role is the AM for Chelsea...

No I'm serious. To work on his legs, feet to have better first steps.

You know who has great first steps, Eden Hazard wich helps to make turns, stop and go.

I just don't know why you'd suggest working with rugby coaches.

The guy is still young and has a fairly remarkable physique that he is still growing into. Playing almost every game when he isn't used to it will also have an effect, so I don't see the need for such pessimism.

I just don't know why you'd suggest working with rugby coaches.

The guy is still young and has a fairly remarkable physique that he is still growing into. Playing almost every game when he isn't used to it will also have an effect, so I don't see the need for such pessimism.

Maybe not "rugby coaches" but to take an off-season training drills that Rugby players take to have better change of direction, agility is not ridiculous.

The Ajax youth works with athletic coaches to have a good running technique, not heavy feet like Lukaku has.

Maybe not "rugby coaches" but to take an off-season training drills that Rugby players take to have better change of direction, agility is not ridiculous.

The Ajax youth works with athletic coaches to have a good running technique, not heavy feet like Lukaku has.

Lukaku runs rugged.... I always thought it was due to his size..

I know a few rugby players who have gone to Margot Wells for better running technique, but the club has some very good coaches themselves.

Lukaku is a big guy, but he's also a young guy working in a new environment. He'll get there.

He lacks stamina ? When was the last time you saw him playing ?

Toliboo, an after new years headache ?

i have watched his last games, all 90 mins. and he fades away in the last 20 mins of the game very often and looks tired, yes. could also be becuase he has been playing every game for Everton literally, but still, they arent even playing international football and with us he would have CL+ EPL+ Cup games etc.

Also I just said that he aint ready to be our no 1 striker and I dont see people in here saying otherwise. we need a top-class striker up there and Lukaku as a back-up option. he is surely better than all 3 strikers we have at the moment (which isnt kind hard though).

i have watched his last games, all 90 mins. and he fades away in the last 20 mins of the game very often and looks tired, yes. could also be becuase he has been playing every game for Everton literally, but still, they arent even playing international football and with us he would have CL+ EPL+ Cup games etc.

He always had that problem since in the EPL. Martinez adressed it once saying his challenge for this season is to be able to do what he does for a full 90'. So it is true. I hope he keeps playing that amount of games, because he not only needs to get used to 90 minutes of intensity but also a quick and long succession of games.