Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

They're probably guessing. Very worrying that he couldn't put any pressure on it. Hope it's just sprained instead of some serious ligament damage. We'll probably find out for sure tomorrow after the scan.

If he couldn't put any pressure on it, it's surely broken ligament.

I had broken ligament in my ankle and I couldn't even have a toe touch slighlty the ground without having pain.

I was fortunate it was clean break. Was funny seeing my ankle very swollen and my foot 45° of his axis :D

Hopefully it's just the ligament and very clean breaking of them and no bones complication.

Better the ankle than the knee, it takes less time to come back.

If he couldn't put any pressure on it, it's surely broken ligament.

I had broken ligament in my ankle and I couldn't even have a toe touch slighlty the ground without having pain.

I was fortunate it was clean break. Was funny seeing my ankle very swollen and my foot 45° of his axis :D

Hopefully it's just the ligament and very clean breaking of them and no bones complication.

Better the ankle than the knee, it takes less time to come back.

Sometimes you can't put pressure on a sprained ankle. But seeing the injury, I think it's most likely more serious than that.

Sometimes you can't put pressure on a sprained ankle. But seeing the injury, I think it's most likely more serious than that.

Wonder if he had pain when it happened or just if putting pressure. When it happened to me i had no pain when I felt. It was such a stupid thing, was playing basketball during lunch time at school, doing a reverse when I tried to stop to avoid a guy walking.

It will all depend if he has broken bones as well as my cousin had as he had to have steel plate in his ankle while for me it was just a surgery and having a cast and walking cast for 6 weeks in total and after that kine.

Looked to me Lukaku was not in great pain wich should be good news.

Read an article last night (i think it was on my Caught offside app, so maybe not reliable) which said we might look to cash in on Lukaku for £23m+ to fund a summer move for Cavani who is apparently unsettled at PSG having been played out of position and not really being the focal point of the team.. When you're competing for that honor with the highest scorer and assist maker in the league.. you can kinda see where he's coming from

So i guess i'm just wondering if you guys would be open to that kind of move? Forgetting for a minute his injury last night (career ending? really? come on you guys...) I only ask because i think Cavani would be a great fit for José's system at the moment

TLDR; Would you sell Lukaku to fund a move for Cavani

This is hypothetical.

Read an article last night (i think it was on my Caught offside app, so maybe not reliable) which said we might look to cash in on Lukaku for £23m+ to fund a summer move for Cavani who is apparently unsettled at PSG having been played out of position and not really being the focal point of the team.. When you're competing for that honor with the highest scorer and assist maker in the league.. you can kinda see where he's coming from

So i guess i'm just wondering if you guys would be open to that kind of move? Forgetting for a minute his injury last night (career ending? really? come on you guys...) I only ask because i think Cavani would be a great fit for José's system at the moment

TLDR; Would you sell Lukaku to fund a move for Cavani

This is hypothetical.

The problem with strikers is that they always look good at another club - is that club set up for them?

Adaptability is what you need in a strike force.

Our stance is now counter attack - so the striker would need pace, power and positioning... A younger Etoo type player would be ideal.

I think we should have picked up Loic Remy - he could do a job

Also a 50million price tag is lots of added pressure...

Cavanni I'm not so sure - why is he sidelined at PSG? We don't need another 50 million sulker :)

So nope not in favour - would rather train a younger guy to play how we want them to play...

The problem with strikers is that they always look good at another club - is that club set up for them?

Our stance is now counter attack - so the striker would need pace, power and positioning... A younger Etoo type player would be ideal.

Cavanni I'm not so sure - why is he sidelined at PSG? We don't need another 50 million sulker :)

So nope not in favour - would rather train a younger guy to play how we want them to play...

Entirely get where you're coming from on that one

I'd like to see Lukaku come back and do well don't get me wrong but i'm pretty sure him and Mourhinio have been having snidey little digs at each other in the press and the fact he was loaned out to start with seems to speak volumes about the future

I'm not sure he's in José's long term plans and we're in desperate need of a striker who can find the back of the net so while we're nurturing our up and comers while the spot lights on something of a marquee signing

Put it like this, i don't think all our problems will be solved by the time the summer transfer window closes

Cavani is played mostly as winger not striker, but he is second goalscorer with 13 goals, behind Ibra. If he's unsettled we should try to get him, with the funds of selling Mata and probably Ba later. I just still don't get why didn't we get him in the summer.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk