Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Had a shocker tonight, completely dominated in the air by Lugano and co as well as struggling to use his strength, size and touch to hold up play. 1 in 9 record now after starting the season on fire (8 goals in 9 app).

Still shocked at how bad his first touch is.

Last year, I said I would be shocked if Mourinho gave Lukaku the starting 9 role for this season.

This year, I will be shocked if Mourinho gave him the 9 role for 2014-2015.

However, now he will have competition with Traore... I wonder how Martinez will use them both..

He's been awful today. It's performances like this that prove the loan to be the correct choice. Not good enough for a top team yet. Still far too raw.

While I agree he was poor tonight, what does performances like the one against United, Liverpool, Newcastle suggest then. Remy had been off par before the West Ham game. That does not mean those 2 games or so should mean Newcastle should decide not to buy him permanently does it. He is bound to have off games like all strikers have.

But to his performance tonight, did not look bothered. Even though he won the assist for the goal, when Mirallas scored he just walked of and showed no emotion which is unlike him. Hopefully he has got something in store awaiting Liverpool.

everton are 4th. they are a TOP TEAM. and the goal they scored today was created by lukaku's header. he created something, literally out of nothing.

I wouldn't call Everton a top team. I'm talking about a team regularly competing for titles and in the biggest competitions.

That nod on for the goal was all he did for the entire 90 minutes. I'm a huge Lukaku fan and really want him to develop into a top player for us, but he needs a LOT of work and refinement still. And he certainly wouldn't have gotten that here this season.

He's been awful today. It's performances like this that prove the loan to be the correct choice. Not good enough for a top team yet. Still far too raw.

When will people realise that power players like lukaku will never be technical players like Aguero, suarez, zlatan, RVp et al regardless of how many years of training and loan spells. if anyone thinks he will just suddenly transform into something he's not (a technical striker) then they will grow grey hair and lose all their teeth in the process. just accept him for who he is, a power striker and life becomes less complicated.

It's very simple, If you want just goals and assist here and there, go with a lukaku

If you want a technical striker that fits into a possession based attacking team you go with a Berbatov and if you want a striker in the hyrbid of these two types i,e that scores and possesses berbatov like technical ability then you will either have to pay premium price, because such strikers usually play for the biggest clubs or just pray and hope that you hit the jackpot one day and your scouting team are able to pick up such rare talent before they gain exposure and join a big club.

I think he had a decent first half as a target man, but then he disappeared from the game as Martinez chose to change his tactics and defend that slender lead. I was really hoping Everton will push for a top4 place this season, but now I don't know if they are able to do it. Unfortunately, Liverpool/Tottenham will grab a Champions League spot... Right now, I'd wish United would have been higher in the standings, maybe three points behind Liverpool and Tottenham so that they can give them a real fight for that spot. As much as I hate United, I really can't stand Liverpool and Tottenham and their deluded fans.

When will people realise that power players like lukaku will never be technical players like Aguero, suarez, zlatan, RVp et al regardless of how many years of training and loan spells. if anyone thinks he will just suddenly transform into something he's not (a technical striker) then they will grow grey hair and lose all their teeth in the process. just accept him for who he is, a power striker and life becomes less complicated

You remember how insanely good Drogba's technique & first touch was? Hell, even him becoming another Negredo will do.

Right now his technique is worse than Heskey's.

He's not even much of a power player. He's useless in the air and he can't hold play up despite his strength.

When will people realise that power players like lukaku will never be technical players like Aguero, suarez, zlatan, RVp et al regardless of how many years of training and loan spells. if anyone thinks he will just suddenly transform into something he's not (a technical striker) then they will grow grey hair and lose all their teeth in the process. just accept him for who he is, a power striker and life becomes less complicated

Never said I expected that of him.

When your biggest strength and asset is your size and physicality like Lukaku's are, you have to be able to hold up the ball, bring other players into play, and distribute it accurately. His first touch is frankly very poor. The ball goes in and often bounces off of his feet 5 yards away from him giving the other team possession. He also puts the blinders on and tries to do too much at times.

These are all things that come with development and coaching so he'll obviously get better.

But to his performance tonight, did not look bothered. Even though he won the assist for the goal, when Mirallas scored he just walked of and showed no emotion which is unlike him. Hopefully he has got something in store awaiting Liverpool.

Maybe, because it was WBA, his previous team where he had a good time I think.

You remember how insanely good Drogba's technique & first touch was? Hell, even him becoming another Negredo will do.

Right now his technique is worse than Heskey's.

He's not even much of a power player. He's useless in the air and he can't hold play up despite his strength.

Take it out on emenalo and the scouting team then, these flaws were there when they scouted him but they ignored it with the false and delusional hope that with time, training and a couple of loan spell will become the new drogba. To me, he's always been a technically limited player that scores goals. Not his fault that he can't develop into what he isn't .