Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

According to Jos'e it was Lukaku and his representatives that wanted the move on loan so he could play minutes all season. Great move for his development. We have goals throughout whole team in Ivanovic,Lampard,Oscar,Eden and hopefully Eto. We hopefully wont miss him this season or it will be the 3rd season in a row we have loaned out a striker who has out scored our own.

Torres had more goals then Lukaku last year. Lukaku had more then Torres in the league. Either way Fernando is surely the better option for our team.

Torres had more goals then Lukaku last year. Lukaku had more then Torres in the league. Either way Fernando is surely the better option for our team.

Since Lukaku only played in the league, you should only count Fernando's league goals. Which means 17 goals for Lukaku compared to 8 for Torres.

Please be honest in your comparisons. ;-)

How on earth do our fans not support him? seriously? what do we have to do to support him? demand he is a number 1 striker here (a position he wasn't even at West Brom)? I hope (actually screw that i know) he will be a great player for us in the future but he isn't yet i don't see the shame on admitting that. He has gone on a fantastic loan, short of going to Athletico Madrid, i can't think of a better (realistic) loan he could have gone on.

The way some are reacting you would think he has gone to Yeovil or Vittesse.

We have an increasing new breed of fan who want instant success and lack patience. That's just my opinion though.

We have an increasing new breed of fan who want instant success and lack patience. That's just my opinion though.

If our fans lacked patience, Torres would not have got unconditional support for over 8 months, lets be honest.

If our fans lacked patience, Torres would not have got unconditional support for over 8 months, lets be honest.

He got that support because he cost £50 million and we were desperate for him to succeed so we didn't look like mugs.

Since Lukaku only played in the league, you should only count Fernando's league goals. Which means 17 goals for Lukaku compared to 8 for Torres.

Please be honest in your comparisons. ;-)

Indeed, and the teams Torres scored all the goals against weren't PL material.

And he scored those 17 goals and 7 assists in only 35 matches where he wasn't always a starter.

Given the circumstances this is a good move for Lukaku, but it shouldn't have been.... With all the hype about Mourinho, I am far from impressed so far, I hope I will be wrong going forward though.

Start rant "

Since competition start we've played one decent half against... Hull... wow, outside of that one half we've played like chickens banking on some flashes of genius to score. We have, all be it very young, the nucleus of top talent in the team that can make this club to be the dominating force for years to come. I hope we are going to start playing the football and the players that can lead us to becoming that dominating force. What's the point of going for players that have proven they will never be the future of this club? Why do we start matches where every aspect of our game is geared towards us seeing ourselves as the underdog? If we fail a couple of times in the building process who the f* cares... Mourinho should be big enough to protect them against the criticism in any case. Go for it and aim to be great... We have the senior guys who are there to support, back up and nurture the younger talent and we have the young talent. Now is the time....

" close rant

“I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.”

John Keats

Given the circumstances this is a good move for Lukaku, but it shouldn't have been.... With all the hype about Mourinho, I am far from impressed so far, I hope I will be wrong going forward though.

Start rant "

Since competition start we've played one decent half against... Hull... wow, outside of that one half we've played like chickens banking on some flashes of genius to score. We have, all be it very young, the nucleus of top talent in the team that can make this club to be the dominating force for years to come. I hope we are going to start playing the football and the players that can lead us to becoming that dominating force. What's the point of going for players that have proven they will never be the future of this club? Why do we start matches where every aspect of our game is geared towards us seeing ourselves as the underdog? If we fail a couple of times in the building process who the f* cares... Mourinho should be big enough to protect them against the criticism in any case. Go for it and aim to be great... We have the senior guys who are there to support, back up and nurture the younger talent and we have the young talent. Now is the time....

" close rant

John Keats

It is a brave post with which to enter her. I like it!

Start rant "

" close rant

John Keats

good to know the overreaction, nonsense and rubbish isn't found only here. That was one of the most idiotic things I've read... far worse than many of the things I've seen here.

TC continues to be the best Chelsea place to be - even if some people have the oddest opinions about our start of season, Mourinho as our manager, and the way we played.

The way some people dismiss the heroic - and top quality - match we had against Bayern tell me football must be new in their country or TV.

Also the impatience is amusing - rivals 5yo's who want everything right now. Too much theory and really too little real world football views.

It's incredible how people don't think time is needed to progress and I've seen a heck more of progress than I've expect in four frigging matches

The way some people dismiss the heroic - and top quality - match we had against Bayern tell me football must be new in their country or TV. Also the impatience is amusing - rivals 5yo's who want everything right now. Too much theory and really too little real world football views. It's incredible how people don't think time is needed to progress and I've seen a heck more of progress than I've expect in four frigging matches

Heroic: absolutely we played like lions; top quality ... top quality flashes yes; top quality game: not in my book

When it comes to patience you misread my post, I don't want it now, I want us to start building properly now and allow us to fail sometimes in the process. We are playing too much for results now, and not for building the future.

Heroic: absolutely we played like lions; top quality ... top quality flashes yes; top quality game: not in my book

When it comes to patience you misread my post, I don't want it now, I want us to start building properly now and allow us to fail sometimes in the process. We are playing too much for results now, and not for building the future.

didn't know it was your words, I thought it was this John Keats guy - who maybe is you then.

I think it's insane to assess Mourinho's work and the team with 4 matches played when we won 2 and drew 2 (the two draws against two of the best teams in the world).

We disagree mate... if we're not building for the future playing Oscar, Hazard, Schürrle, I don't know what that is. Willian will join the list - also young, Mata is young himself, Kevin has been used in two of those matches. All young players with tons of talent.

All comes down to Lukaku at the end of the day...

Having seen his interviews and the way he carries himself, I can't agree with that in the slightest.

In fact I think it's very much incorrect.

He seems remarkably grounded, level-headed and mature. On the pitch he has appeared composed, calm but also enthusiastic. He's not the finished article but that's why he needs support and minutes. He could've gotten minutes at here or Everton - but he'll almost certainly get both at Everton. From that point of view it's a great loan move for him because the Everton fans will support him.

Our fans? :dunno:

I was talking about his on-field maturity as a player. I Don't agree that he's appeared composed and calm,which are both the same thing really.enthusiastic certainly.

I always support players at games,I might shake my head at a player whose doing stupid stuff on the field,but Don't spend 10grand plus a year to be a travelling boo bird.

If a player comes on here to read what fans are saying about him they aren't likely to make it at a top club anyway.

didn't know it was your words, I thought it was this John Keats guy - who maybe is you then.

I think it's insane to assess Mourinho's work and the team with 4 matches played when we won 2 and drew 2 (the two draws against two of the best teams in the world).

We disagree mate... if we're not building for the future playing Oscar, Hazard, Schürrle, I don't know what that is. Willian will join the list - also young, Mata is young himself, Kevin has been used in two of those matches. All young players with tons of talent.

John Keats was a famous (tho not in his lifetime) English poet from London who died in 1821 aged 25. I sure as shit hope it's not really him.

John Keats was a famous (tho not in his lifetime) English poet from London who died in 1821 aged 25. I sure as shit hope it's not really him.

well, in that case it isn't even his date of death that gave away this is a new one :P

also I live in a country very rich in literature and the only one I really read a lot in addition to Brazilian (and Portuguese) is Russian literature. Know very little of English literature, or American. But thanks for letting me know

Lets agree to disagree then.

As I said I hope I'm proven wrong. So far at least I don't like the underdog mentality we seem to play with against the "best" teams, whatever the results.

Where did you see that Lukaku is better than any of our other strikers?

Lukaku is a 20 years old kid that has to improve a lot if he wants to dream about a place in the starting eleven. THat's it.

We can have Lukaku as our main striker but we will win nothing.

Chelsea goal is to win everything. For some people here the goal of this club its improving 10 young players and pray to win something in the next 10 years.