Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku played much better than expected, fuck me where did all that dribbling come from?, he absolutely terrorized carragher there lmao!.

And not only that through ball was class.

But still i can't get ahead of myself, it's only the first game in, but a great start for him, a goal on his debut. And i really hope he proves a lot of people wrong.

Don't forget that he had a decent performance for country the other day as well. I like to think a pre-season w/ CFC has enhanced his qualities ;) Again people the kid is only 19, I think he can improve.

Like everyone else, I was very impressed with his performance. The thing that amazes me the most about him is his pace, its not even "Oh he's fast for a big lad"...he is just fast period; he just also happens to be built like a tank. When he gets his first touch under control he is going to be an absolute nightmare for defenders.

Really doubting his playing chances. Long also put in a great performance to be honest and they still have Rosenberg (currently injured) coming. Don't know if Lukaku can play those two out of the starting squad. I have a feeling Clarke thinks Lukaku is the ideal player to bring on after an hour; opposition is a bit tired, Lukaku with pace and power will trouble them.

And if that last sentence is true, he just might easily have stayed at Chelsea. Because I think he could have the same effect for Chelsea.

Good game by the big guy!

but one swallow doesn't make the hooker. Hope he will continue this form in the next games!

He really could/should be a West Brom starter... But Nic! is right. His ability to come and slayer to defensive with his overwhelming power football at the last 20 minutes of the games could get against him here. If he is used as a supersub... He could easily stayed with us!

Let's wait what the next games will bring! I can see him starting very soon.

Lukaku quotes on why he moved to the Baggies, and on his upcoming clash with Tottenham (and his ex-trainer AVB who he claims "didn't let him develop"):

“Di Matteo had a big say,” said Lukaku. “He told me it was a warm club and that’s what I needed."

“It’s good to be here among people who want to help you to perform."

“Now it’s up to me to do well here and hopefully shine for this club.”

Lukaku will face Villas-Boas, given a second chance to be a success in English football after a disastrous spell with Chelsea, when West Brom travel to White Hart Lane to play his new charges, Spurs.

Villas-Boas was sacked after Chelsea lost at West Brom in March, Di Matteo taking over and giving Lukaku a belated chance in the Premier League after being used by Villas-Boas only as a substitute.

When Chelsea won the European Cup last season, Lukaku refused to celebrate with the squad because he said he did not feel like a winner. His only Premier League start came in Chelsea’s final game of the season, under Di Matteo, but he is keen to play down tomorrow’s rematch with Villas-Boas.

“This is West Bromwich Albion playing Tottenham, not me playing against Andre Villas-Boas,” he said. “I don’t really look at Andre Villas-Boas and wonder what he is thinking.

“He is in a new job now and hopefully he can do well with that club, but we go there hoping to get a result this week.

“We have to make profit from any negative points Tottenham have. I expect it to be a good game.

“What happened last season was very much last season. I don’t think there is any player in the world who hasn’t had downs as well as ups. I want to show people that this club and myself are making progress and getting better.”

West Brom were impressive on Clarke’s debut as manager, beating Liverpool 3-0 on Saturday, with Lukaku coming on as a 68th-minute substitute and scoring the third goal.

“Saturday was one step but the next steps are coming up so I will have to keep my feet on the ground and we will see what comes,” added Lukaku.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/341657