Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/lukaku-im-my-own-man-353787.aspx?pageView=full

Lukaku interview for West Brom. Among it he says he wishes his heading was as good as Peter Crouch (!), that he stayed behind and trained with Lampard and Drogba and also mentioned Malouda (!) and Anelka, and that he doesn't like being compared to Drogba now.

He wishes.. I would compare him more with Adebayor tbh.

Drogba had speed, strength, aerial ability, ball control ,could shoot with both feet and won 80% of headers in defence. Romelu can only wish he was anything like Drogba.

He seems a little outspoken for somebody that hasn't yet accomplished anything.

“Didier and I have a similar playing style, but I don't think he would have wanted to be compared to someone when he was young," Lukaku told Sky Sports.

"Every player wants to be their own person, their own personality. I don't want to be the new anyone.

"At first it was OK - but now I'm bored of it. It isn't necessary and I don't like it now.

"I have my father's surname, I am Romelu Lukaku - I'm not anybody else. This is my own name and the name I want people to remember." - Lukaku

Spot on mate. Just keep doing what you are doing! Be your own man.

• 2 weeks later...

So-so first half :

- lost pretty much every header

- wasted an excellent 1on1 chance because of a heavy first touch.

+ hold up the ball well when played in his feet

+ good in buildup play

Baggies are playing a shocking match though, passing has been abysmal, they are in dire need of a decent playmaker.

2nd half :

Improved his performance with a couple of good runs and scored a goal, was lucky to score with a shot in the dead centre of the goal.

Subbed off at 77'