Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku came in the game at the 67' mark. His first action was a great pirouette to turn around a Liverpool defender and go for goal with another striker and just one liverpool defender and the keeper left. Lukaku delivered a great pass that should've been an assist but somehow (I think it was Morrisson?) the WBA striker missed his shot. After that Lukaku scored a header from close to the goal. He later gave another pass that should've been another assist but again, WBA missed. He also had a little dribble that gave him a chance on goal with his left foot, but the shot was blocked and went off pitch for a corner. He also lost the ball on one occasion that I can remember.

I'd say he played a very good 25 minutes! I'm not a big fan of him, but if he keeps playing like this he will win me over!

it would be nice if lukaku had the determination, persistence and stamina of shane long to chase for all the ball...

He didn't chase after the ball that much, true, but then again this game he was playing deep and waiting for long balls or passes, especially on the counter. He needs to remain there in the deep attack.

Looked really threatening after coming on, got a goal and should have had an assist or two if his teammates had done even a little better. Very promising debut for Romelu and I'm sure Clarke was impressed too.

If he scores one more goal Im sure there will be an outbreak of comments such as "why did we give him away on loan, he is better than Torres and Sturridge".

That will only happen if Torres and Sturridge play shit.

If he scores one more goal Im sure there will be an outbreak of comments such as "why did we give him away on loan, he is better than Torres and Sturridge".

I can hardly wait :lol:

A few days ago he was still the next Heskey,gotta love this forum!