David Villa

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense we'd be in for Villa. He's 'magically' not been selected for games since returning to fitness and the out-of-form Sanchez has kept on starting ahead of him!

He did looked great the few games he played...

Would love to have him here. Why does it always have to be the age that matters? When we discuss Falcao, people say "Get Lewandowski, 1 year younger" - like that matters! Villa is a quality striker and would suit our gameplay. I'd welcome him here with both hands... get a grip people... we can't have 11 teenagers playing for us and then moan for having no authority or leadership on the field. 1+1 really, Jesus

Well, Barcelona don't really seem to be interested in him anymore and would probably like to get rid of him, according to the media. So basically, he's their trash.

And tbh I don't want Chelsea to be a club that buys old second tier players.

Gristy!

Chill - Villa is cool and could do a good 6 month job ;)

Pfiati :)

4 years too late, next.

Think you're overlooking this a bit too quick mate. To begin with, I think we all agree that what we have up front atm needs replacing. The options in the market that we would consider as targets are mostly too expensive especially with the inflated Jan prices. Villa would be the only world-class striker that would come relatively cheap. Granted that he is only a quick fix, I think that is exactly what we need atm since the club has obviously not decided what to do with Torres. Moreover, despite the great potential of our current team, we are sorely lacking experience which Villa has loads of.

Yes he is getting old, but I would bet anything that he would be an instant hit here because our current style of play is perfect for him. David is, imo, the best striker in history in terms of movement (debatable, I know) and I just can't imagine him not scoring when he has the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar picking up his runs. He also showed in the small time since his return from injury that he still can finish.

Think you're overlooking this a bit too quick mate. To begin with, I think we all agree that what we have up front atm needs replacing. The options in the market that we would consider as targets are mostly too expensive especially with the inflated Jan prices. Villa would be the only world-class striker that would come relatively cheap. Granted that he is only a quick fix, I think that is exactly what we need atm since the club has obviously not decided what to do with Torres. Moreover, despite the great potential of our current team, we are sorely lacking experience which Villa has loads of.

Yes he is getting old, but I would bet anything that he would be an instant hit here because our current style of play is perfect for him. David is, imo, the best striker in history in terms of movement (debatable, I know) and I just can't imagine him not scoring when he has the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar picking up his runs. He also showed in the small time since his return from injury that he still can finish.

I agree he is one of the best forwards i have seen and if we signed him in 2008 i don't know what i would have done.

My issue is that he has only just recovered from a serious injury, as we found out with Essien and Torres it's hard infact near impossible to just turn "it" back on.

Having said that a 6 month loan deal isn't all that bad, a permanent deal imo is far too big a risk.

No one rape me for saying this please, but although not a good option for the long-term compared to Falcao, I actually believe that David Villa is the superior finisher.

That Absolut and Ciroc are certainly empty right now! :halo:

I agree he is one of the best forwards i have seen and if we signed him in 2008 i don't know what i would have done.

My issue is that he has only just recovered from a serious injury, as we found out with Essien and Torres it's hard infact near impossible to just turn "it" back on.

Having said that a 6 month loan deal isn't all that bad, a permanent deal imo is far too big a risk.

I don't want to go off topic, but Essien and Torres, prior to injury, relied mainly on their speed and strength which they lost a great deal of with their respective injuries. Villa on the other hand relies more on instinct, movement and clinical finishing in his game (not to say he does not rely on speed, but no where near the old Torres). I know it's only glimpses, but he has showed since returning that he still got some of his abilities.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You