David Villa

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird. He's one of those players we've always been linked with and it never seems to come off. Before him it was Vincenzo Montella.

If we could get him on loan then it wouldn't be the worst move in the world, but it does make you wonder about our longer-term plans.

With the Cole/Lamps rumours, we are in danger of becoming an under 21 side.

You don't need to ask Arsenal how successful that formula is..

Cech - 30

Azpi - 23

Bane - 28

Cahill - 27

Bertrand - 23

Luiz - 25

Rami - 25

Moses - 22

Mata - 24

Hazard - 21

Torres - 28

One player aged 21 (could have put in Oscar to make it two, but then again I could've stuck in JT or Mikel).

A few years ago there were moans about us being too old, now we've got too many youngsters??

Cech - 30

Azpi - 23

Bane - 28

Cahill - 27

Bertrand - 23

Luiz - 25

Rami - 25

Moses - 22

Mata - 24

Hazard - 21

Torres - 28

One player aged 21 (could have put in Oscar to make it two, but then again I could've stuck in JT or Mikel).

A few years ago there were moans about us being too old, now we've got too many youngsters??

The 'key' players listed, the ones who WILL be instrumental (or not) to our success in the short term do not have experience. The forward line especially. Ashley Cole HAS to stay, that can't be stressed enough, Lamps should stay on a wage reduction and a Giggs/Scholes role in the side.

Why would we have anyone for nothing ?

Villa was a top striker.

We can't go Jan-May with 1 striker (Sturridge looks set to go) and most of our supposed transfer targets are unlikely to leave until the summer. What's wrong with a cheap stop gap? Why waste millions buying someone average only to probably be replaced by someone like Falcao, Vavano, Lewandowski etc in the summer?

I really dont see the problem with him coming on loan.

The 'key' players listed, the ones who WILL be instrumental (or not) to our success in the short term do not have experience. The forward line especially. Ashley Cole HAS to stay, that can't be stressed enough, Lamps should stay on a wage reduction and a Giggs/Scholes role in the side.

I tend to agree with the Cole point although his performances are less consistent than they used to be. I'd like to see Bertrand given an extended run in the team.

Lamps has a different problem in my opinion. The role he played for us in the side doesn't seem to exist anymore and I do wonder if he can reinvent himself as a DM/double pivot/whatever. It's all very well saying he could be our Giggs but there are plenty of United fans who don't trust him in that role. Do we really just want to wheel out a player for a token 30 minutes when we're beating Sunderland/Wigan/Reading 4-0 at home? Does he want to be that player?

Do we want him taking up a place on the bench that could go to Piazon/Ake/McEachran?

Villa was and still is a top striker. I'd be extremely happy if we can have him here in short term, so a loan until the end of the season seems reasonable. Purchasing him though is a little different story...maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but right now it doesn't seem appropriate, especially when there are problems with the contracts of two of our top stars, who are not much older than Villa.

Villa has scored 9 goals in 9 starts this season and is Barca's 2nd top scorer behind you know who, and has mainly played as a winger at Barca he is still one of the best finishers in the world, he can play up top and out wide, his all round technical ability is still up there with any striker on the planet! if we can get him in January we just have to sign Villa! he is pure class, we would be mad not to sign him! having Rafa in charge i am sure he would love Villa here as would the likes of Torres and Mata! I really hope this deal does go through!

Some day this club's fascination with Barcelona, their style of player and its players will come to an end and we'll be so much better for it.

I think this deal is less that Chelsea want to be like Barcelona and more that David Villa is a brilliant stirker and is available.

Some day this club's fascination with Barcelona, their style of player and its players will come to an end and we'll be so much better for it.

I agree with this, to an extent..

Like Barca from Ajax, we can form our own identity, 'inspired' by Barca.

This is exactly like CFC, we are fascinated by a player, get linked with him forever, but he doesnt become available until they are past it...Not saying Villa is past it, but for those who are scared of another "big money striker flopping", i'm scared of the cursed of the player that once upon a time we really wanted, but now past it or too old...Just a list of the top of my head, Sheva, Deco, Quaresma and Torres, we were linked with them for what felt like an eternity, but when they arrived at the bridge we rarely saw what fascinated us about them....IMHO like @Tomo-91 said, 4 years too late....

If you think we will get old Villa for peanuts, you are wrong...He was injured in december 2011 and hasnt played bigger match ever since. Sanchez and Pedro are getting chance ahead of him, despite he is fit since summer now. If he was that great, he would make return and be a starter now. Obviously, he is getting old and his speed played huge part in scoring goals for him. Yes, clinical finishing and ball control is still there, but I doubt he can play regulary in PL all in sudden. For the rest of season on loan (if Falcao, Lewan, Cavani, Llorente) arent available, he would be great. But in summer, we should go after younger striker.

Also yes, this is becoming Torres fc. He is shit for past two years and he wasnt sold just because of his price tag. Because of him, we didnt sign proper striker in summer and we didnt gave chance to Danny. However, he scored 7 goals in last 6 matches, maybe he will actualy start scoring in bigger matches....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You