David Villa

Man city wont sell dzeko to arsenal and cavani's price tag is 40m and wenger would rather die then signing someone for more then 20m.

Well Arsenal is arsenal, but in finances they still can afford even 50mio IF they want. Fans will go crazy Im sure and you saw they bought Podolski, Cazorla; different from the past when they were buying only young talents for cheap.

I have some feeling they will try to bring very good striker this january, for some reason...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Arsenal is arsenal, but in finances they still can afford even 50mio IF they want. Fans will go crazy Im sure and you saw they bought Podolski, Cazorla; different from the past when they were buying only young talents for cheap.

I have some feeling they will try to bring very good striker this january, for some reason...

Well they might sign a good striker like huntelaar or Llorente but no way in hell they will pay 40m for cavani and that too in january.

• 1 month later...

Haha some people will be really happy with that. I have softened my stance on him, because i can't think of many other options in January.

Barcelona did say recently he won't be leaving though, but he could always force a move if he's that unhappy.

Personally, I would prefer us getting him on loan especially the possibility of paying high wages if we were to buy him. Short term wise, he can be a solution till next summer at the very least. Long term wise though, it could be an issue. No doubt he's still a quality player but I'm just not 100% certain if he's still as quality as before though he might be better and more consistent than Torres at the moment.

Arguably, would prefer to us getting a younger ST who is approaching their peak to replace Torres especially that he isn't getting any younger either. Already 28 and wouldn't want to have 2 over 30s strikers with no resale value. Get that younger ST and have Lukaku with possibly another ST would be ideal for the future.

Barcelona did say recently he won't be leaving though, but he could always force a move if he's that unhappy.

True but Benitez might be using his Spanish connections to try and get him.

Personally, I would prefer us getting him on loan especially the possibility of paying high wages if we were to buy him. Short term wise, he can be a solution till next summer at the very least. Long term wise though, it could be an issue. No doubt he's still a quality player but I'm just not 100% certain if he's still as quality as before though he might be better and more consistent than Torres at the moment.

Arguably, would prefer to us getting a younger ST who is approaching their peak to replace Torres especially that he isn't getting any younger either. Already 28 and wouldn't want to have 2 over 30s strikers with no resale value. Get that younger ST and have Lukaku with possibly another ST would be ideal for the future.

I say, lets buy him on a 1.5 year contract, he will happily accept a pay-cut to actually play football.

We can wait until the summer to get rid of Torres and buy Falcao/Cavani!

Then, when his contract ends, we see if Lulaku and Piazon can be our backup options, if not, we buy someone like Bony or Whoever is also making an impact.

I would love to have him...I wish we bought him 5 years ago...but he can be useful to us a lot... He is still quality player, not like before, but great goalscorer... Loan with option to buy is great. So in period of 2 years Lukaku could be our first striker...

Other clubs' garbage? Think that is a harsh, especially in this case.

Well, Barcelona don't really seem to be interested in him anymore and would probably like to get rid of him, according to the media. So basically, he's their trash.

And tbh I don't want Chelsea to be a club that buys old second tier players.

Well, Barcelona don't really seem to be interested in him anymore and would probably like to get rid of him, according to the media. So basically, he's their trash.

And tbh I don't want Chelsea to be a club that buys old second tier players.

Just because some players are not wanted by their club, it doesn't mean they're all thrash automatically.

Some are still quality and probably just need to go to a club that fits them both on and off the pitch.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You