David Villa

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Oriol wants him here as well: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/2012/1227/360516-romeu-keen-to-see-villa-at-chelsea/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Don't like when our players come out and talk about transfers..

Apparently Oriol wants him here as well: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/2012/1227/360516-romeu-keen-to-see-villa-at-chelsea/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Don't like when our players come out and talk about transfers..

I don't particularly like it either, but so many players at different clubs do it nowadays. It does seem to be an effective way of unsettling a player at his current club though.

I don't particularly like it either, but so many players at different clubs do it nowadays. It does seem to be an effective way of unsettling a player at his current club though.

It also seems to raise the "reported interest" in the player and with it the price, unfortunately.

It also seems to raise the "reported interest" in the player and with it the price, unfortunately.

True. But if the player does become very unsettled then he will ask to leave, which can often mean a smaller price tag. Barcelona have done this effectively a couple of times over the past few years. Most notably with Fabrégas and Song.

But I don't particularly agree with it.

Wouldn't even mind if we bought him instead of loaning him. Even if he is 31, he is still so classy and it's so frustrating that he is the age he is because he could be perfect for our system. However he could give us a few good seasons. Doesn't matter what age you are, as long as you score goals. Villa's finishing and movement are immacculate while being quick, agile and able to play tika taka.

Fuck it, Oriol keep saying you'd love him here to unsettle him. Barca use this tactic to unsettle players they want (Cesc and Song) and it works so why shouldn't we just to get a player we want?

I don't like it, but if others do it may as well join in. It's not like it's going to eradicated from the game anytime soon.

Besides, Chelsea are quite good at tapping up players. Cough*Cole*Cough. Just not as good as Farcelona.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You