David Villa

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also yes, this is becoming Torres fc. He is shit for past two years and he wasnt sold just because of his price tag. Because of him, we didnt sign proper striker in summer and we didnt gave chance to Danny. However, he scored 7 goals in last 6 matches, maybe he will actualy start scoring in bigger matches....

Well atleast it is moving from being DROGBA FC , we are playing more direct and it's paying off

Well Torres has 100 goals in the most competitive league in the world , how many they have ? :Goober:

Oh man! <_<

Just accept a good joke and move on. Wont turn this into another boring Torres vs The World topic...

1.Then why are we signing the only player in the universe who has played successfully with Torres in attack ?

2.Why don't we go for a player who can effectivelly challenge our precious no. 9 for the CF spot ?

3.Why are we buying a striker who will obviously be nothing but a squad player, yet we need someone to knock the blondie out of the starting 11 ?

4.Why is Chelsea trying to get their rivals' reject, a 31-year-old striker who hasn't played a proper match in almost 18 months and suffered a very serious injury ?

5.If you think this does not concern Torres, you don't have a clue about football.

6.Come January Torres is gonna stay, but they will give a nice fuck off to Lamps and Ash. Bravo !

1. Why are Liverpool and Arsenal after him? Because he's unhappy and will strengthen their attack, same applies to Chelsea.

2 and 3. Villa can challenge Torres for the CF spot and put him on the bench.

4. If we don't have many other options then you can't blame them for settling for a 'reject'. Throughout this time i thought if we didn't get Falcao we could at least get Bony, but then i remembered about ACN and his involvement will mean we only have 1 striker till February. So Villa actually makes sense, because there really isn't that many options in January.

5. I think this does not concern Torres. This is about strengthening our attack. Only people obsessed with Fernando think every fucking thing Chelsea do is somehow related to him.

If we sign Llorente, it must be because his name is also Fernando and he's Spanish just like Torres, smh.

6. Of course Torres is going to stay, he's not the one with 6 months left on his contract.

Well Torres has 100 goals in the most competitive league in the world , how many they have ? :Goober:

Trust the Torres fanboy to make stupid comparisons. But there are some comparisons in case you've overlooked them: Villa has almost twice the amount of goals for Spain, in less games; Falcao too, in one season at Atletico, has scored nearly double than any of Torres' seasons there.

Just for your information...

1. Why are Liverpool and Arsenal after him? Because he's unhappy and will strengthen their attack, same applies to Chelsea.

2 and 3. Villa can challenge Torres for the CF spot and put him on the bench.

4. If we don't have many other options then you can't blame them for settling for a 'reject'. Throughout this time i thought if we didn't get Falcao we could at least get Bony, but then i remembered about ACN and his involvement will mean we only have 1 striker till February. So Villa actually makes sense, because there really isn't that many options in January.

5. I think this does not concern Torres. This is about strengthening our attack. Only people obsessed with Fernando think every fucking thing Chelsea do is somehow related to him.

If we sign Llorente, it must be because his name is also Fernando and he's Spanish just like Torres, smh.

6. Of course Torres is going to stay, he's not the one with 6 months left on his contract.

Haha, that last answer showed you did not understand a word out of my post.

I don't like the idea of signing a cripple* to replace a flop, as much as I used to have a grudging admiration for the player.

* I mean no real disrespect, but the fact stands - Villa will never be the player he was following that injury. He's already nearly 30. A short-term deal - maybe a loan - could work, but otherwise no, no, no.

I think that loaning Villa isnt the worst idea. He could be better than Torres. He's a good finisher and all we need is a good finisher. If we cannot bring in Falcao or Cavani in January then it its quite good short-term solution.

IF he comes, I assume allot of his games will be on the left wing with Mata in the hole and Hazard/Moses on the right.

I can't see him coming in on loan and being our starting striker or just another option for Torres. Instead I see both he and Torres playing together like they've done for Spain a few times.

Are there any reliable sources reporting this story?

From the BBC gossip bit

Chelsea are ready to beat Arsenal and Liverpool to sign Barcelona striker David Villa. The Blues' interim boss Rafa Benitez is planning a £12m deal for the 31-year-old who cost the Spanish giants £33m in 2010 but who has made just a handful of first-team starts in the current campaign after suffering a broken leg last season.....Says the Sun

David Villa is not leaving Barcelona despite a renewed interest shown by English club Arsenal...says Marca I think a Spanish paper

We're only trying to sign him on a short deal are we not? He's 31, he's still good. He'll also be good at 32 but the Maximum we can have him for i'd say is 18 months although i believe at a good team as a striker, he will carry on scoring goals for a while yet. I'd say the 31 year old 'cripple' is better than our 28 year old ... Flop? Cripple? Has-been? Whatever his description is now. Did Torres even touch the ball today? He's been better of late but i'd still not rely on him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You