David Villa

I don't want to go off topic, but Essien and Torres, prior to injury, relied mainly on their speed and strength which they lost a great deal of with their respective injuries. Villa on the other hand relies more on instinct, movement and clinical finishing in his game (not to say he does not rely on speed, but no where near the old Torres). I know it's only glimpses, but he has showed since returning that he still got some of his abilities.

This!!!

I cannot even believe this is up for debate a 6month loan deal with an option to buy! I mean this guy was and has been regarded as one of the best strikers in the world! A few injuries have screwed his career but he's still a class act!!!

If we sign him, he would be immense - imagine what the players could learn on the training pitch with this guy around..

I just cannot see any rational argument against this?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to go off topic, but Essien and Torres, prior to injury, relied mainly on their speed and strength which they lost a great deal of with their respective injuries. Villa on the other hand relies more on instinct, movement and clinical finishing in his game (not to say he does not rely on speed, but no where near the old Torres). I know it's only glimpses, but he has showed since returning that he still got some of his abilities.

Also, with Essien, it was more than one injury. He had, I think three pretty severe injuries and where you can come back from one, there reaches a point of no return. To me, it all comes down to value. As Muzchap says, a 6-month loan with an option to buy? Who can be against that? To me, it would be about perfect. I'd much rather make signings in the summer when teams are more willing to sell.

He was beast before injury. With him, we would have zero aerial threat in attack however...Also I wonder if he can play full 90mins in several games in row after his injury.

we have barely any aerial threat now that Drogba's gone.

we have barely any aerial threat now that Drogba's gone.

Torres at least scores one of hundred head shots...and my point was that we should buy a striker with some heading ability. Cavani, Falcao, Llorente,...I dont remember Villa scoring from header...

There were people saying Falcao wasnt the right player, and now there are people even debating if getting Villa on loan (he will play no more than 5 months, since in May the season is almost over) will be a good thing to do.

I mean, Chelsea wont spend much more than 2m with his wages, for this price its just stupid to question if he is too old, if he is not big enough or if he can play 90 minutes, when we are talking about a player of his qualities.

For me this is the perfect deal: you get a good player to solve the lack of attacking options, and thats for free, and in summer the club and the manager (Rafa or anyone else) will have time enough to make the best deal.

He is 31. The only one I would want at that age is Zlatan.

nope. this is a really good deal if we can pull it off. by spending virtually nothing, we've got a striker till the summer and it is important mainly because, whenever we are stuck in games, rafa will have the option of switching to 2 strikers up top.

if we sign Villa on loan, recall Essien and sign Walcott on the cheap, i'd go bonkers. HG quota filled, class striker in, midfield depth solved.

What the fuck? i hate how some people have to link everything to Torres.

We're not the only club interested in getting Villa - who's unhappy at Barca - on loan.

Then why are we signing the only player in the universe who has played successfully with Torres in attack ?

Why don't we go for a player who can effectivelly challenge our precious no. 9 for the CF spot ?

Why are we buying a striker who will obviously be nothing but a squad player, yet we need someone to knock the blondie out of the starting 11 ?

Why is Chelsea trying to get their rivals' reject, a 31-year-old striker who hasn't played a proper match in almost 18 months and suffered a very serious injury ?

If you think this does not concern Torres, you don't have a clue about football.

Come January Torres is gonna stay, but they will give a nice fuck off to Lamps and Ash. Bravo !

Then why are we signing the only player in the universe who has played successfully with Torres in attack ?

Why don't we go for a player who can effectivelly challenge our precious no. 9 for the CF spot ?

Why are we buying a striker who will obviously be nothing but a squad player, yet we need someone to knock the blondie out of the starting 11 ?

Why is Chelsea trying to get their rivals' reject, a 31-year-old striker who hasn't played a proper match in almost 18 months and suffered a very serious injury ?

If you think this does not concern Torres, you don't have a clue about football.

Come January Torres is gonna stay, but they will give a nice fuck off to Lamps and Ash. Bravo !

As I recall, Chelsea wanted Villa way before Torres came here.

I personally agree with this transfer move, but this shouldn't be the only addition to our attack this winter. It's way too risky.

Name another top striker we can have for nothing until the summer?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You