David Villa

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three goals in in each of his last three games.

8 shots in La Liga this season with 7 on target.

Of the 7 on target shots he has scored from five of them.

And he has been played out wide.

In Australia we call that clinical.

All from the left wing too. Bout time he was used as a striker again. Also being Spanish he'd be great for us. Had a great partnership once with Torres too but i'd rather see him replace Torres instead of playing with him.

Totally forgot about Villa - what a great shout, yes he's getting on a bit but we need someone with a decent touch in and around the box/someone to finish the chances we are creating.

Are you crazy or just stupid. "We need someone with a decent touch in and around the box/someone to finish the chances we are creating." DAVID VILLA MATE, DAVID FUCKING VILLA. Brilliant close control, brilliant finisher, not good enough or something?

I dont know guys, didnt he have a falling out with messi and/or tito??? might be able to get him on loan or for a decent price, he might be abit on the old side but by the time hes done Lukaku should hopefully be ready to step up to lead our line.

He's on the old side but he's not old. We only need him for 18 months, not 5 years.

Sometime you have to mix in the old with the new. Look at Arsenal's project from a decade years ago, they sold all their experienced veterans and replaced them with boys. They played good football but they were weak mentally and lacked leadership and experience. I'd hate for Chelsea to turn into that team; the most talented group of players in the league but are too hot and cold to mount any title challenges. Some of you might think "Shut the fuck up, Spike. We aren't those Gooner fucks" but if the club isn't careful it could do that unfortunate road.

Don't forget that one Italian player (I forget his name...) was signed when he was 30. I think he was voted Chelsea's greatest ever player...but everything gets lost in time...maybe this guy didn't even exist in the first place.

I believe he'd have the impact Van Persie is having with Manchester United at the moment to be honest!

But come on guys, really? Why would Barcelona sell? Who would they buy as his replacement?

Aside from Villa, unless you count Messi, I believe they don't have a single striker in their squad.

I mean obviously if we put in an outrageous bid they couldn't refuse they would probably sell, but there's no way we'd be getting him on a good deal despite his age etc.

Barcelona have splashed out on Alex Song and Fabregas over the last few seasons, and for them, that isn't actually cheap.

They'd have so little to gain from selling us Villa - unless it got them around £30mil or so.

I believe he'd have the impact Van Persie is having with Manchester United at the moment to be honest!

But come on guys, really? Why would Barcelona sell? Who would they buy as his replacement?

Aside from Villa, unless you count Messi, I believe they don't have a single striker in their squad.

I mean obviously if we put in an outrageous bid they couldn't refuse they would probably sell, but there's no way we'd be getting him on a good deal despite his age etc.

Barcelona have splashed out on Alex Song and Fabregas over the last few seasons, and for them, that isn't actually cheap.

They'd have so little to gain from selling us Villa - unless it got them around £30mil or so.

His contract expires at the end of next season (I think...don't quote me on that) and I read somewhere that the board came to the conclusion that Villa is expendable. Of course expendable does not equate to transfer listed but I'm just a hopeful bastard rambling to make himself feel better.

He costed them quite a lot and has large wages, they could be looking to recoup some of that and focus on youth prospects like Cuenca and Tello.

Yep he signed a 4 year contract in 2010. So his contract ends at the end of next season. I doubt they'll resign him and his resale value is higher right now that it will be.

Hmm... alright, if It's true that his contract is indeed coming to an end this is much more plausible.

I didn't add this part, but I'd be delighted if we signed him.

He's actually underrated in my opinion in every single aspect of his game.

He can finish like the best in the world, pass like the best strikers in the world, has decent pace I guess, and definitely picks his shots well.

He has some of the best shooting accuracy I've seen in years.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You