Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I've been off the Hazard train for weeks/months if you hadn't read around. I just do not rate him as highly as yourself and others, it really isn't a crime, but you'd think it by the reactions around here.

Each to their own though eh

gotta agree

my non Hazard doable teams would kick the fuck out of the teams that include him 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

You definitely have more patience than me lol...

But the reason why I'm on edge, is because we actually have no time. We fecked up last season, and we cannot afford to feck up AGAIN this season. Two straight seasons in the Europa League is not what I want, and is should not be what you want to. It does nothing but provide further damage to our club.

I'm kinda glad Conte is gone. He's stubborn, and more defensive. You cannot say "We are prepared to suffer without the ball" and continue to back Conte. Defensive tactics don't work anymore in this era. It's all about attacking football now.

Conte was right about the board, but as you said he was a fool attacking the board.

Check this out:

Mourinho insisted Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp were afforded more luxuries than him in the Premier League.

Mourinho highlighted the support the pair have received in the transfer market since taking over at Manchester City and Liverpool respectively.

"For me it is more complicated as a manager as I don't focus on the football itself, I have to focus also in what is to prepare the future," Mourinho said.

"I think the future starts to be prepared with principles. That is more important than the football you watch and comment on. It is more important the culture you bring to the club, the principles, so it is a bit more complex.

"But you have the case of Manchester City. In the first season, Guardiola was not a champion, it was really difficult and people were expecting a winning Manchester City.

"They were coming already from winning period, champions with (Roberto) Mancini and (Manuel) Pellegrini. Some of the players were already champions twice, (Sergio) Aguero and (Vincent) Kompany, and in the first to the second season Pep made great decisions, but great decisions that were supported.

"For example, he didn't want (Pablo) Zabaleta or (Bacary) Sagna, two right-backs, and he didn't want (Aleksander) Kolarov or (Gael) Clichy. In the same summer he sold four full-backs and got four full-backs. He got (Kyle) Walker, Danilo, (Benjamin) Mendy and another. He was supported.

"In Liverpool, I think how many players were in Liverpool before Jurgen arrived? No Alisson (Becker), no (Virgil) Van Dijk, no (Andrew) Robertson, no (Mohamed) Salah, no (Roberto) Firmino, no (Sadio) Mane, no Fabinho, no (Georginio) Wijnaldum, no (Naby) Keita, so this is work in depth.

"So when I speak about leadership related to the structure of the club, it is not just leadership, it is everything, even the football ideas.

"If you are manager (and) you have in your hands the possibility to choose the players you want to follow your football idea, or to follow the idea that you think is the best to win a certain competition, that is one thing. Another thing is if you are (not) able to do this."

Mourinho also believes the mentality of players is changing and says one of his players asked him to stop criticising him publicly.

"I had recently one of my players, I was just coaching them, and when I coach on the pitch I like to see myself free because I am in family and I want to be able to criticise everyone," he added.

"I had one player say, he was very polite and not confrontational, 'Please when you criticise me, can you do it in private?'. I said why and he said, 'Because it's my stature in front of the other players, when you criticise me I don't feel comfortable'.

"He was one of the top players of his generation. Nowadays you have to be very smart in the way you read your players and their personalities."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11612220/jose-mourinho-says-he-has-rejected-three-job-offers-since-his-man-utd-sacking

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

And here comes the resident Hazard hater. You're a bigger fan of Salah, a player who plays for the enemy than you are a fan of Hazard, one of the greatest players to wear a Chelsea shirt.

Thanks goodness 99% of this forum are reasonable people and recognize him as the best in in the PL. I won't criticize Hazard playing out of position as a striker after two average performances.

And the fact you think the Belgian national team is "hardly" better than ours kind of says it all.

I'll let you have the last word cus I know that's what you really want.

This is why I kept the username. Love it when it rubs people up the wrong way. Had it changed the year we signed Salah from Basel beating Liverpool to getting him when Mourinho was here 😂

Ive probably never said much about Salah at Liverpool in comparison to Eden so your comment or dig there is pretty much bullshit but anyway, nice to see you made such an assumption like Im a bigger Salah fan off a silly username but like I said up there, thats the reason....

Nothing about hating him. I gave my two cents, I don't feel hes really improved a great deal and I get the feeling his mind is made up too regarding his future. I said several times hes world class in that post and many others but getting consistency at that level has always been a huge issue for him. Im not saying play like thay 38 games a year no but 10 or so at a time, I cant remember the last time hes ever done that. The first 6 games this seasom he was playing excellent, arguably the best hes ever played here but since then hes levelled out again and been hit and miss. Fair enough there is always gonna be the Hazard FC club here as there has been for a while, hes done a lot to deserve respect and I do acknowledge hes playing out of position but a player of that much ability can do much better regardless if its a different position. 

Also regarding other players at other teams as top players doesnt mean people hate their own teams players. Football is about appreciation, if you cant appreciate or admire good players at teams other than your own whats the point.

And yes Belgium NT is hardly the Spain 2010 or 2008 team, it has de Bruyne and Eden who are world class players but wouldn't say that player for player their starting 11 is amazing.

Don’t know how long it will take, but do feel like this could be the beginning of the end for Sarri. What does he expect when he plays his two best players out of position, and how does he think that he can motivate players if, (like Alonso, Willian and Pedro, they know they will keep getting in the team week after week if they are horribly out of form. And then, how can he motivate young players like Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi must feel like no matter what they do, they will never get a proper chance?

Publically criticising the players never seems to end well for managers at The Bridge. The next seven days will be really important for Sarri now. It will be really interesting to see what team he picks against Tottenham given all the widespread criticism of that recently. If we do go out on Thursday night (and play like we played against them and Arsenal in the league), Sarri should be worried given Roman’s reputation.

Typing on my phone hopefully this comes out making sense. 

Sarri is spot on the money, but First i accept sarri deserves blame for; 

• our midfield problems. Kante cannot be the furthest forward midfielder. Though I sympathise with Kovacic being toothless, Barkley being brain dead and RLC being so lazy that he isn't considered as a cm. Nonetheless, Sarri doesn't seem to have even CHANGED it. 

• the false 9 has never looked like working. Again, in some fairness it takes Hazard off the wings to provide more support for the fullbacks. Overall, it's failed so spectacularly this isn't an excuse anymore. 

• I fucking hate that he likes Alonso so much 

Those are the 3 areas I think he's responsible for. Now for the squad. 

He's absolutely bang on the money in this interview, and it hasn't started with him. Mourinho in his last season bemoaned good players suddenly turning shit and going into their shells. Conte got beat in the FA cup by an arsenal without Lacazette or Auba because we were toothless yet again. This has happened in seasons gone by. He's fucking right. The players just don't have the aggression needed. They can be outfought. If you want to play an attacking possession game, that's suicide. You will be bullied. 

I'm honestly just as pissed at the squad as I am at sarri (even more tbh). They deserve a bollocking. If Hazard wants to go and join big nose in Madrid be by guest. Willian and Pedro will be gone in the summer Mark my words. 

GET SOME FUCKING GUMPTION 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Guardiola didn't change after his first season. He was also rigid and people thought he was crazy. 

I'm willing to give Sarri another season to see if there's improvement. I knew the first season we would be like this. That's why I'm not surprised. 

However we should see some improvement next season. 

As mourinho said, there's s fucking reason Pep spent £100m+ on fullbacks. They are imperative. We have slow ones with poor technique

Says his players lack motivation.

Picks the same starting 11 several times over. 

Doesn't even tweak the system during the game. No changes at half time.

And that obsession with 4-3-3. Wouldn't be surprised if he arranges his cutlery in a 4-3-3