test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

1,705 posts in this topic

I know I have slipped when it comes to judging Sarri, but I'm going to remain judging that he's a spineless tippy-tappy, BTEC Pochettino coach until the window closes. If he has any kind of anger on what is happening with the club, he will do stand up to the board and ask for players that can play ball.

No, Pulisic isn't one of the answers as he's not here 'til next season. We need fixes now.

We cannot afford another season in the EL, and any slim chance of Hazard staying will bite the dust if we fail.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mana said:

I know I have slipped when it comes to judging Sarri, but I'm going to remain judging that he's a spineless tippy-tappy, BTEC Pochettino coach until the window closes. If he has any kind of anger on what is happening with the club, he will do stand up to the board and ask for players that can play ball.

No, Pulisic isn't one of the answers as he's not here 'til next season. We need fixes now.

We cannot afford another season in the EL, and any slim chance of Hazard staying will bite the dust if we fail.

Well he kinda just did in his post match press conference. Said that we need a new player in January. "The club knows my position, my opinion...".

We should have won this game, and pretty much all the other small games where we have drawed or lost. Had enough opportunities, but for example Hazard wasted a golden chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Well he kinda just did in his post match press conference. Said that we need a new player in January. "The club knows my position, my opinion...".

But that could also mean we don't need anybody in January. He had hinted many times before about that.

Quote

We should have won this game, and pretty much all the other small games where we have drawed or lost. Had enough opportunities, but for example Hazard wasted a golden chance.

Should've, could've, would've. But we didn't.

We have enough opportunities, but our shite forwards couldn't finish it. Hazard had a poor to average game, but FFS we shouldn't be reliant on him all the time. This really scares me because if Hazard goes, we are suddenly a mid-table side. Real talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mana said:

But that could also mean we don't need anybody in January. He had hinted many times before about that.

Should've, could've, would've. But we didn't.

We have enough opportunities, but our shite forwards couldn't finish it. Hazard had a poor to average game, but FFS we shouldn't be reliant on him all the time. This really scares me because if Hazard goes, we are suddenly a mid-table side. Real talk.

I agree. What I am trying to say is that the system is not the problem in my opinion. We had goalscoring opportunities, and if we had anyone capable of long shots we would have even more.

Johnnyeye, Unionjack and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The first derision's of 'what I want' and 'what they want' have started, this is the cycle again folks.

And this is the problem so many times.. I remember Jose saying out and then everyone thought he'd leave because of it. We're not good enough though! Cant expect 4th if the players to get it aren't at the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo, if we have Diego Costa right now instead of Morata we will be talking about completely different team. We have no goal getter in this team beside hazard. Plus we need another creator, I honestly thought Kovacic is going to be that guy, clearly he is not. 

kellzfresh, Johnnyeye and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fan base is starting to slowly turn in on him. I don't remember any recent Chelsea manager being this much hated on early in his turner. Even Scolari and AVB only lost the fan base towards the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

The fan base is starting to slowly turn in on him. I don't remember any recent Chelsea manager being this much hated on early in his turner. Even Scolari and AVB only lost the fan base towards the end

Hated where exactly? Most comments I've seen have been about hatred towards Willian and Alonso and the necessity to get new players in January and next summer

Vesper, Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, !Hazard! said:

Hated where exactly? Most comments I've seen have been about hatred towards Willian and Alonso and the necessity to get new players in January and next summer

Go on Twitter right now, people have started questioning him. He was also booed off at full time yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Go on Twitter right now, people have started questioning him. He was also booed off at full time yesterday 

It's Twitter mate, I'd bet half of the whiners over there wanted Sarri sacked after the Community Shield. Also, any top team that fails to score in two consecutive home games deserves to be booed off. It doesn't necessarily mean the fans are turning on him tho after only 6 months.

manpe, Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post, I would like to add to that how David Luiz is playing. 

Clearly the guy is not going to be the best defender in the world, but one thing Sarri said from the beginning is that David Luiz was able to understand his type of football. 

We can see clearly how the improvement in the attacking sense has improve. 

I can only think if this is what Sarri does for a player that can play his type of football, I wonder what he can do with more players that understand and perform this style? 

 

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, communicate said:

Imo, if we have Diego Costa right now instead of Morata we will be talking about completely different team. We have no goal getter in this team beside hazard. Plus we need another creator, I honestly thought Kovacic is going to be that guy, clearly he is not. 

But you talk like Diego was an all scoing goal machine. He went for weeks without scoring/ There were peeps here saying to send him back to Spain.

Sometimes we look back with rose tinted specs or selective memories.

Yes I loved him. Yes hes better than our 2, yes I'd love to have him when he was in full flow. One of the best sights we have seen.

Its that fighting spirit thatt our players are missing. They dont seem able to dig down and find that extra gear or intensity.

Fernando and Panic like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.