Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Shoulda done this months ago for 2 strikers!

Maurizio Sarri contemplates bringing in psychologist to get Chelsea back on track

Chelsea suffered a second defeat in four games and fell 11 points behind leaders Liverpool with defeat to Leicester on Saturday

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-contemplates-bringing-psychologist-13772867

b5661e0713300cc2991a628c35ae5971.jpg

Just now, DDA said:

That must be what is going on inside Willians head when he recieves the ball out wide!

Wondering whether to run,pass or shoot! Normally he interprets the msg back from his brain wrongly. Its like his brain operates under a different language!

What worries me is if you watched United vs Cardif then you would have seen Martial finish a beautiful one touch move that starts from outsode the box. Probably a better worked team goal than ours are yet to produce. This is during a time that they are suppose to be going through a rough patch. Sarriball is showing glipses of what is it come but nothing that sweet yet. It's either the players are just incapable of linking together which is a strong possibilty or Sarri is having trouble interpreting his philosophy.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

What worries me is if you watched United vs Cardif then you would have seen Martial finish a beautiful one touch move that starts from outsode the box. Probably a better worked team goal than ours are yet to produce. This is during a time that they are suppose to be going through a rough patch. Sarriball is showing glipses of what is it come but nothing that sweet yet. It's either the players are just incapable of linking together which is a strong possibilty or Sarri is having trouble interpreting his philosophy.

I do still have faith in Sarri.

And I understand totally what you're getting at but the main thing that I dont understand is we have seen the lads do some excellent DIRECT go for goal football. We kept it tight,fast,found the gaps,mmoved off the ball. And scored.

WHY OH WHY cant they remember how they did it the week before.

Its like they've been given a puzzle, worked i out but cant remember how the did it.

Off topic but speaking of puzzles Ive been following this guy doing them. Hes pretty good. I love these things. Keeps the mind active.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Off topic but speaking of puzzles Ive been following this guy doing them. Hes pretty good. I love these things. Keeps the mind active.

LOLOL

My wife watches that guy all the time, she has so many puzzles, some of them she had before he did.

She goes CRAY when they are giving her a hard time.

She tries to get me to do them, so I just brought in a box with a 65 THOUSAND page OTC derivative contract and tell her when she can short THAT out, then I will try a damn puzzle.

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Wondering whether to run,pass or shoot! Normally he interprets the msg back from his brain wrongly. Its like his brain operates under a different language!

leg whip-over 4 times, then.... SHOOT

there, sorted

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

LOLOL

My wife watches that guy all the time, she has so many puzzles, some of them she had before he did.

She goes CRAY when they are giving her a hard time.

She tries to get me to do them, so I just brought in a box with a 65 THOUSAND page OTC derivative contract and tell her when she can short THAT out, then I will try a damn puzzle.

LOL She sounds like me. I get one and I dont stop till I sort it. Problem Is I get one and find out Ive already watched him sort it.

Some of them bloody things are dear too.

I first got into it after getting a puzzle lock box on holiday in India/ Only had 6 locks but it hooked me.

Love em.

Maurizio Sarri channels inner Grinch after Chelsea slip up against Leicester

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/23/maurizio-sarri-channels-inner-grinch-chelsea-slip-against-leicester/

At Chelsea there is not much in the way of festive spirit. “For me the 25th is not important,” said the manager, Maurizio Sarri, after his side had lost at home to Leicester on Saturday. “Now I am only interested in the 26th.”

Sarri’s transformation from genial, absent-minded professor into full-on Grinch was sparked by a performance he described as clouded by “mental confusion”.

His team’s third defeat in their past six Premier League matches had come about through an unexpected inability to recover once Leicester had taken the lead through a typically clinical Jamie Vardy finish.

“It’s difficult to understand. We have players with long experience,” Sarri said. “We were in the game for 55 minutes, then two minutes after the goal we were not. If I knew why this was, I would stop it.”

It was not just Sarri who was bemused by Chelsea’s capitulation. The crowd, too, found it hard to understand how a side passing the ball with such slickness in the opening stages could suddenly misplace all precision when they went behind.

snip

Sarri hoping to enlist sports psychologist to fix Chelsea’s mentality issues

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/12/24/18154682/sarri-hoping-to-enlist-sports-psychologist-to-fix-chelseas-mentality-issues

Maybe a normal shrink would do the job for afew !

Anyone here follow Sarri when he was with Napoli?

I have strange feeling about most of his sub, I think he persist of playing one way only. It feel like he using this season to implement his system not to win games. I haven't seen him taking out Azpi or Alonso for a winger/strikrr when we are losing 

This upsets me

Maurizio Sarri suggests Chelsea need another N’Golo Kante
“At the moment we are too many. We have 28 players and it’s impossible to use all of them. I think 25 is the right number.

“You already know my opinion, because I’ve told you in the past. We have a lot of offensive midfielders and we have only [N’Golo] Kante as a defensive midfielder so it’s not easy now for the midfield to have the right balance.”

OK That might be all well and good but those offensive MF need bloody upgrading!! Whats the fuckin point of sticking 2 Kantes on the pitch when we are chasing goals?

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

This upsets me

Maurizio Sarri suggests Chelsea need another N’Golo Kante
“At the moment we are too many. We have 28 players and it’s impossible to use all of them. I think 25 is the right number.

“You already know my opinion, because I’ve told you in the past. We have a lot of offensive midfielders and we have only [N’Golo] Kante as a defensive midfielder so it’s not easy now for the midfield to have the right balance.”

OK That might be all well and good but those offensive MF need bloody upgrading!! Whats the fuckin point of sticking 2 Kantes on the pitch when we are chasing goals?

I think he's talking about Kante backup which is probably the reason we're linked with that Barella kid.

In cup games Sarri has to play RLC-Fabregas-Barkley/Kovacic midfield and it clearly doesn't have any defensive balance at all

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I think he's talking about Kante backup which is probably the reason we're linked with that Barella kid.

In cup games Sarri has to play RLC-Fabregas-Barkley/Kovacic midfield and it clearly doesn't have any defensive balance at all

But dont you think Mat Kova can do that job?