Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Vesper said:

I cannot figure us out for shit. Every game is a crap shoot. That Leicester game just gutted me. Those fucking sitters missed! Same for Wolves. Finally that wondergoal from Sturridge.

The spuds game was brutal to take, but we were simply outclassed.

And none of the lads showed up.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

I cannot figure us out for shit. Every game is a crap shoot. That Leicester game just gutted me. Those fucking sitters missed! Same for Wolves. Finally that wondergoal from Sturridge.

The spuds game was brutal to take, but we were simply outclassed.

This point good. That we are getting chances and coming close to winning. We just need to improve a couple of areas. 

Do you not remember how klopp first season was hit and miss? But the fact that he was producing the change and chances was good 

As he developed more his team things improve. 

Look at them now after how many transfer window? 

Peeps I'm worried.

Where I do think Sarriball is the right way to go and think as long as he is backed we will succeed I'm begining to beieve the stuff we heard about him being unconcerned about transfers is true!!

And as worse as that I think that our board - our so fuckin clever board, will be reading the stuff Sarris said in interviews about new transfers not being important as its mainly a problem with our current players mindsets and Hazard seemingly better at scoring as false 9 than our main strikers,that Sarri has done a brilliant thing and saved us a bucket load of dosh and we wont be buying no new fuckin players!!

025f80b67e13c3e04beab593f121962f.gif

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So you knew how the Shitty game would turn out?

You have to pick me out some lottery numbers then cause I thought we were fucked!

For the most part the pattern of our games were clear early on and you've named one of the very few exceptions, im talking about the shape of the game more so than the results per se.

Just now, Tomo said:

For the most part the pattern of our games were clear early on and you've named one of the very few exceptions, im talking about the shape of the game more so than the results per se.

But the SHAPE of our game in that 2nd half was perfect for us.

The middle 1/3 or the pitch belonged to us. Kante didn't have as far to get back to help Jorgi out and still able to press high up.

IF they could remember how they did things like that from week to week we would be in a much stronger position. But thats a major problem We just can't keep our form.

10 hours ago, Fernando said:

This point good. That we are getting chances and coming close to winning. We just need to improve a couple of areas. 

Do you not remember how klopp first season was hit and miss? But the fact that he was producing the change and chances was good 

As he developed more his team things improve. 

Look at them now after how many transfer window? 

Problem is we need to improve a lot in certain areas.. Especially as our main issue is lack of scoring. However if don't buy then we're still stuck with the same lot who can string passes together most the time but that's it. Round in circles we go. 

Plus Liverpool have done such good business in Windows.. Identify.. Job done. We're again hit and miss. Either make signings or drag heels in till the player is gone cause didn't want to pay. 

Sarri wants Fabregas to stay

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/12/29/18159647/sarri-wants-fabregas-to-stay

If you believe what you’re reading, Cesc Fàbregas is already committed to leaving Chelsea in the January window.

If Maurizio Sarr’s reading that stuff, though, he doesn’t seem to be believing it.

He says he wants to keep the Premier League's second all-time assist-making midfielder.

“In this position we have only two players, Jorginho and Fabregas, so for me it would be really a problem without Cesc. I want him to stay, I don’t know the final decision of Cesc and the club of course.

“But for me it’s very important and if Cesc will go I think that we need to buy another player, and it’s not easy because, technically, Cesc is a very important player. And I think that in the market it’s very difficult to find a player with his characteristics.”

That last bit is the crucial one with regard to a January transfer. Things might be different in the summer, but the winter window is both overpriced and short on selection (not to mention how long it would take a newcomer to learn the system). Sarri needs Fàbregas.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Sarri wants Fabregas to stay

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/12/29/18159647/sarri-wants-fabregas-to-stay

If you believe what you’re reading, Cesc Fàbregas is already committed to leaving Chelsea in the January window.

If Maurizio Sarr’s reading that stuff, though, he doesn’t seem to be believing it.

He says he wants to keep the Premier League's second all-time assist-making midfielder.

“In this position we have only two players, Jorginho and Fabregas, so for me it would be really a problem without Cesc. I want him to stay, I don’t know the final decision of Cesc and the club of course.

“But for me it’s very important and if Cesc will go I think that we need to buy another player, and it’s not easy because, technically, Cesc is a very important player. And I think that in the market it’s very difficult to find a player with his characteristics.”

That last bit is the crucial one with regard to a January transfer. Things might be different in the summer, but the winter window is both overpriced and short on selection (not to mention how long it would take a newcomer to learn the system). Sarri needs Fàbregas.

We would bave to revert to Ampadu,Luiz,Kovacic who does have a good pass and footbaling head and better defensively.

18 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Problem is we need to improve a lot in certain areas.. Especially as our main issue is lack of scoring. However if don't buy then we're still stuck with the same lot who can string passes together most the time but that's it. Round in circles we go. 

Plus Liverpool have done such good business in Windows.. Identify.. Job done. We're again hit and miss. Either make signings or drag heels in till the player is gone cause didn't want to pay. 

Well having a blue print is good. And the blue print of Mourinho and Conte took us back many seasons. 

The one that Sarri is trying to implement is going to take a while and thus in the transfer window we will be buying players that are fitted to Sarri style. 

Is a style we want moving forward even if we do bad this season. 

An example is the type of players we would buy with Mourinho and Conte. Those are Mourinho and Conte type of players. Under Sarri we will be going under a more different way. It's the way we was going before Mourinho came back. We had many technical players but all that went away when Mourinho came back. 

Sarri has yet to be backed properly, and I think with some of the average crap we have in this team he's done wonders.

This January he needs a striker, then come the summer another 2-3 players in. 

It's took Klopp a few windows to get where he is now, their board have backed him, we need ours to do the same.

If we are serious about being close to a best in the world football team

Willian

Alonso

Morata

Giroud

Have GOT to go

'they are pure shit

none of them should EVER start another game for us

they are a disgrace to our strip

plus sell all the goddamn deadwood

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we are serious about being close to a best in the world football team

Willian

Alonso

Morata

Giroud

Have GOT to go

'they are pure shit

none of them should EVER start another game for us

they are a disgrace to our strip

plus sell all the goddamn deadwood

And to add to that, water is wet.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

With United winning, today’s win was even more vital.

We have to maintain the gap we have between United and increase our gap against Arsenal.

I know 2nd place is within reach but we shouldn’t be focused at that at all. 4th place (min) is very important to us, not 2nd.

In short, top 4 is the main target, right? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Mana said:

With United winning, today’s win was even more vital.

We have to maintain the gap we have between United and increase our gap against Arsenal.

I know 2nd place is within reach but we shouldn’t be focused at that at all. 4th place (min) is very important to us, not 2nd.

We would have to epically collapse to let United back in and i can't see Arsenal doing enough either, i would say them both winning (or fluking in United's case) the European competitions with us in 4th is a bigger danger to our CL place than either overhauling us.

Morata, Hazard and the winners and losers of Sarri's first six months at Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en-ph/news/morata-hazard-and-the-winners-and-losers-of-sarris-first-six/vehh5p4rac9b1fi9sjv0tztfk

The Blues have faced a revolution in playing style under the former Napoli boss, and that has meant some have fared better than others

Arriving at a new club in a new country can be difficult at the best of times, but after six months in charge Maurizio Sarri can largely be content with the work he has done at Chelsea.

Though their form has dropped off in recent weeks after a record-breaking start to Premier League life for the former Napoli boss, signs are that things will only get better for the Blues under the former Napoli boss.

But, as with any coach looking to alter the playing style of a new club, there are some who have shone and others whose impact has dwindled.

WINNER: Eden Hazard

Eden Hazard has already marked himself out as a frontrunner for this season's PFA Player of the Year and other prestigious individual prizes in English football with a sensational start to the season.

The 27-year-old has 12 goals and nine assists in all competitions, marking himself out as the most productive attacking player in England. This comes amid a backdrop of uncertainty around his future, though his performances will only give Hazard more leverage in future talks.

In one scenario, Hazard's form gives him a chance to ask for a substantial wage increase so as to conclude his career at Stamford Bridge, while it may also entice Real Madrid into a big money move. It would be a transfer that Hazard has admitted to dreaming of.

Meanwhile, back on the pitch, Hazard is clearly still Chelsea's star player and pivotal to anything they achieve this season. He has even moved into a false nine position, marking himself out to be the their go-to man in all attacking positions.

LOSER: Cesc Fabregas

snip

It might sound stupid what I say but personally I think Sarri's tactics (and not only Sarri, but Pep's, Klopp's tactics too) are levels ahead of what certain players can produce, namely Willian, Morata, Alonso, even Barkley & Kovacic does not strike me with a lot of confidence also, Pedro used to play the same tactics with Guardiola but he's what now? 32? 

This tactics require a lot of movement in the final third and when I see Willian slowing the game down it makes my blood boil. The game is all about quick interchanging and he takes waaaay too many touches he's simply not good enough. And annoying!!!

We badly need a top centre forward and a top winger for anything to change, otherwise this tactics are useless with brainless players with no penetraition and no end product. Fuck me Chelsea now average something like 70% possession of the ball and Willian has scored less than Kante!! Just think about it! 

And I think a goalscoring midfielder is needed also to partner Kante and Jorginho. Can't always wait for the front three to score all the time, we need goals from other areas too.