Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Followers 7

Just now, Jason said:

We really need a Director of Football to help provide a clear direction of our playing squad. Emenalo was definitely onto something around 2012/2013 when we bought the small, technical players to play attacking football but we then just had to go bring back Mourinho and see him crush the plan in 1-2 years. 

Yup, I would take Emenalo back. Don't think anymore he was THE problem, by the sounds of it he actually seemed to side with the managers more often than not... There were strong reports that he was fighting Conte's battles in the board room and Conte was left frustrated when he'd left. I do think we need this football knowledgeable intermediary between the coaching staff and the board, somebody to draw a vision together with the manager and help implement it with the suits upstairs.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yup, I would take Emenalo back. Don't think anymore he was THE problem, by the sounds of it he actually seemed to side with the managers more often than not... There were strong reports that he was fighting Conte's battles in the board room and Conte was left frustrated when he'd left. I do think we need this football knowledgeable intermediary between the coaching staff and the board, somebody to draw a vision together with the manager and help implement it with the suits upstairs.

Absolutely. 

Marina is just making us into franchise. 

Pulisic getting them millions of fans in usa and us having record revenues every season is her dream.

United has a cuckoo in Woodward too, they havent been doing well either. 

Liverpool and city brought some brain from germany and spain which did wonders to them.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I replied to you in another thread on this. 

But yeah completely agree it will not be a quick process. However we did play much better two months ago, the way we should be playing. 

Dont even mind we won 12 straight or so. Point is our football was actualy very enjoyable to watch. Now its pure boredom even if we manage to win 1:0 or 2:1.

What happend? We didnt have injuries. It couldnt be fatigue because it started in october.

Hazard was absolutely on fire prior and he isnt that great since october. Jorginho was also much more influental first months compared to now.

I think 3 major factors: 1) Teams learned to counter us and we haven't yet learned to counter their counter, 2) Fatigue, both physical and mental, partly due to poor rotation (in my opinion), 3) Injuries (Pedro, for example, is actually crucial for us)

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho and Conte didn't get full backing from the board and people think Sarri will? :carlo: 

He might. Conte and Mou got some backing in the beginning, but as things started to turn sour and we reverted to archaic football again each time, the board might have felt that this shit wouldn't last long and wouldn't buy players solely for their styles. Sarri promises to bring the type of football that Roman has reportedly always wanted, so he might be more forthcoming.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

We really need a Director of Football to help provide a clear direction of our playing squad. Emenalo was definitely onto something around 2012/2013 when we bought the small, technical players to play attacking football but we then just had to go bring back Mourinho and see him crush the plan in 1-2 years. 

Agree, but there's no guarantees how much influence the director of football has either.

Is it possible that Emenalo left for that reason?

The key power at the club besides Roman is Marina and that will not change regardless of who we bring in anywhere across the food chain.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

He might. Conte and Mou got some backing in the beginning, but as things started to turn sour and we reverted to archaic football again each time, the board might have felt that this shit wouldn't last long and wouldn't buy players solely for their styles. Sarri promises to bring the type of football that Roman has reportedly always wanted, so he might be more forthcoming.

You're optimistic! Both Conte and Mourinho got some backing early on may be because the transfers were cheap - main players only cost around 20-40 million. The minute they started asking for more and expensive players, Roman was less forthcoming and ended up with some bloody low grade signings. Who's to say it won't happen with Sarri again? I know we've signed the likes of Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Morata etc but there's no guarantee we'll keep up that spending.

Just now, Jason said:

You're optimistic! Both Conte and Mourinho got some backing early on may be because the transfers were cheap - main players only cost around 20-40 million. The minute they started asking for more and expensive players, Roman was less forthcoming and ended up with some bloody low grade signings. Who's to say it won't happen with Sarri again? I know we've signed the likes of Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Morata etc but there's no guarantee we'll keep up that spending.

We just have to...

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I replied to you in another thread on this. 

But yeah completely agree it will not be a quick process. However we did play much better two months ago, the way we should be playing. 

Dont even mind we won 12 straight or so. Point is our football was actualy very enjoyable to watch. Now its pure boredom even if we manage to win 1:0 or 2:1.

What happend? We didnt have injuries. It couldnt be fatigue because it started in october.

Hazard was absolutely on fire prior and he isnt that great since october. Jorginho was also much more influental first months compared to now.

Earlier on we had time between games and sarri had enough hours to implement his tactics before the next match. Now we have been playing every 3 days since the end of November, so little preparation for each match and fatigue has exposed chelsea.

Sarri cannot escape blame, he's too soft on these players. He keeps playing under performing players and he thinks we don't need a striker when we've scored 11 goals in our last 10 games (1 in our last 3 :doh: )

Sarri about pulisic:

‘I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the market so it’s very difficult to speak about the market or the Pulisic deal. The board know my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics

Wtf?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shit, that's not good.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This is the problem with hiring idealists - they can be extremely stubborn and only know one way of playing. If Plan A doesn't work, keep going with Plan A! 

I don't think that is the issue at all, Guardiola is the poster boy for idealistic football, he is nowhere near as stubborn as Sarri is showing. Pep can change his formation, will drop players and mix it up. The issue is not a lack of plan B, in fact the way he played against City shows that he is pragmatic to that end to get results. 

The issue with Sarri is his persistence of playing the same underperforming players, for example not sure what Plan A that shithead Alonso fits into; really poor on both ends of the football. He treats him like a untouchable player and a club legend. We have the fewest goals of the top six and the way we are playing that will grow larger and larger. He needs to change it up; he is getting ultra limited play form his FB, no creativity in midfield, and toothless in attack. 

It is getting to the point of insanity, trying the same things and expecting different result. He simply has to change things. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sarri about pulisic:

‘I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the market so it’s very difficult to speak about the market or the Pulisic deal. The board know my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics

Wtf?!

lol...I hope that's just Sarri's English..

if not...meh...don't know what to make of that. At least that's a headache only for the next season.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I don't think that is the issue at all, Guardiola is the poster boy for idealistic football, he is nowhere near as stubborn as Sarri is showing. Pep can change his formation, will drop players and mix it up. The issue is not a lack of plan B, in fact the way he played against City shows that he is pragmatic to that end to get results. 

The issue with Sarri is his persistence of playing the same underperforming players, for example not sure what Plan A that shithead Alonso fits into; really poor on both ends of the football. He treats him like a untouchable player and a club legend. We have the fewest goals of the top six and they way we are playing that will grow larger and larger. He needs to change it up; he is getting ultra limited play form his FB, no creativity in midfield, and toothless in attack. 

It is getting to the point of insanity, trying the same things and expecting different result. He simply has change things. 

Fewest goals scored in the top 6...SMH at that stat.

We were scoring for fun at the start of this season, averaging nearly 2 goals a game.

Now its all dried up.

This is the full quote from BBC

“I didn’t know anything about [signing] Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told the BBC following Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Southampton on Wednesday. 

"They asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I knew that the deal is done but I didn’t know anything."

The Italian reiterated that he doesn't involve himself in the club's transfer business much, instead focusing on matters taking place on the pitch. 

“I am not in charge of the market so I have to tend to my matches and play every three days. I can only say my opinion to the club," Sarri said.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, manpe said:

Shit, that's not good.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

He was talking about strikers bud

The Italian suggested his preference was to recruit a new striker, but given Chelsea’s board, chiefly director Marina Granovskaia, are responsible for transfers, it is by no means certain Sarri’s wish will be granted.

He added: “The club knows very well my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics.

“I’m not in charge of the market. I have to try to improve my players, my team, my offensive phase, or better my offensive phase in the last 20 metres.

“The club knows my position, my opinion. It’s up to the board.”

We have heard several times that Sarri isn't interested in the comings and goings in the transfer windows yet he stresses that THE CLUB KNOWS MY OPINION.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Chelsea and Faith don't go along together.

Nor does the word CAREFREE but we keep singing it.

Its not the Sarri system thats at fault its the players we have trying to implement it IMHO of course.

IF we grew some gonads or got a blinkin DOF that knew his job we would have shifted the pile of firewood we have and put the money to good use.

Cause right bow we dont have 1 player we can count on to get near the goal. So when Eden has no influence - for whatever reasons -- nd we come up against these awkward type of gits we just don't have a clue WTF to do,

Its great the club still wants and has the ability to dig deep when SOMEONE who makes the decisions, whoever the fuck it is, wants a player that we will pay up for them/ Its time to start re building us a team who will play together and actually compete and dominate again for years to come.

Apart from contract renewals we need at least 4 upgrades. I pray to whichever god thats real and wants to listen that we get them.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sarri about pulisic:

Wtf?!

Why did you post a quote without context and a quote combined of two different things?! :doh:

Here's his full quotes on Pulisic...

http://global.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3741878/chelseas-sarri-unaware-of-pulisic-deal-i-didnt-know-anything-until-yesterday

Speaking after Wednesday's goalless draw against Southampton, Sarri said the club asked his opinion of Pulisic a month ago and he signalled his approval of the winger, but he did not ask to be kept updated on negotiations.

"I didn't know anything about [Chelsea signing] Christian Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told BBC Sport after the game. "The club asked my opinion about him one month ago and my opinion was positive and I knew the deal was done [today] but I didn't know anything. I'm not in charge of the market.

"We have to play every three days so I cannot think of next year, I have to think about the next match."

Asked if he would rather have Pulisic now in light of his current squad situation, Sarri replied: "I don't know. I'm not in charge of the market, so for me it's very difficult to speak about the market or the deal of Pulisic. The board knows very well my opinion.

He was talking about our strikers when he said "I think we need something different for characteristics".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-6549955/Chelsea-boss-Maurizio-Sarri-hints-January-striker-move.html

The Italian suggested his preference was to recruit a new striker, but given Chelsea’s board, chiefly director Marina Granovskaia, are responsible for transfers, it is by no means certain Sarri’s wish will be granted.

He added: “The club knows very well my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics.

“I’m not in charge of the market. I have to try to improve my players, my team, my offensive phase, or better my offensive phase in the last 20 metres.

“The club knows my position, my opinion. It’s up to the board.”

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, DDA said:

The circus continues! 

LOL More like The Magic Roundabout  (A Brit kids show - not for kids full of bribery,coruption,sexual innuendos lol Theres this character Ermitrude who was a pink cow who ate poppies!)

And like Zebedee would say ''Time for bed!'