Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The board either provide him with a lot of cash and quality players now in January or let him go. Because I don't want him to manage us with this squad. 

This is the problem with hiring idealists - they can be extremely stubborn and only know one way of playing. If Plan A doesn't work, keep going with Plan A! 

Just now, Jason said:

This is the problem with hiring idealists - they can be extremely stubborn and only know one way of playing. If Plan A doesn't work, keep going with Plan A! 

Yeah, something like 'make sure you perform the plan A better next time'. Well, it is getting worse and worse and I have not seen a single attempt to change it. Not a single attempt.

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

I am starting to incline to Mourinho's Man United approach 2 years ago where he completely ditched the League towards to end and focused solely on winning the EL. A massive gamble though. We will not achieve the Champions League by finishing 4th I am afraid. Our super start is saving us so far but that won't last long.

I think we will still get 4th because Arsenal are even worse and United's new manager bounce will wear off.

Funnily enough i think our defense will be what gets us there, that's one aspect right now that's coming on nicely, Palace and Saints barely got a sniff last two games.

Yes...soon all our starting 11 will get burn out...So rigid and stubborn...this is premier league...you can't always have your way try and have back up plan and please refrain from playing Alonso Willian over and over again...find another plan to break down 9 men behind the ball

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think we will still get 4th because Arsenal are even worse and United's new manager bounce will wear off.

Funnily enough i think our defense will be what gets us there, that's one aspect right now that's coming on nicely, Palace and Saints barely got a sniff last two games.

If we drop points against Newcastle then we're in troublen especially with Arsenal afterwards. Which with our luck.. 

Thing is even if we get top 4..unless we spend in summer what's the point. Be out so quick way we're playing. 

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Yeah, something like 'make sure you perform the plan A better next time'. Well, it is getting worse and worse and I have not seen a single attempt to change it. Not a single attempt.

It's clear that the players we have got right now isn't suited to his tactics. The last 10-15 games have proven it. So why hasn't Sarri changed anything? So why Sarri hasn't tried to maximize what he's got now first? He said results come first for him Chelsea. So, why isn't he trying to make sure we get them?

And oh, this isn't even without mentioning his reluctance to rotate players. He's been going full strength in almost every game, has always selected his favorites and now, we're suffering injuries everywhere!

Just now, Jason said:

It's clear that the players we have got right now isn't suited to his tactics. The last 10-15 games have proven it. So why hasn't Sarri changed anything? So why Sarri hasn't tried to maximize what he's got now first? He said results come first for him Chelsea. So, why isn't he trying to make sure we get them?

He has no plan B.

Get him a REAL DEAL CF or Manure and Arse will pass us up.

It is not rocket science

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He has no plan B.

Get him a REAL DEAL CF or Manure and Arse will pass us up.

It is not rocket science

Even at that...there are going to be lots of games similar to the one we experienced today where opponents only care about defending...he should try and figure out how to break packed defence...

the problems are many
 - the players are not good enough, now i don't do the analysis of everyone. 
- Sarri has just one ideal of football, he doesn't know other tattics or turnover, play young etc..
- But all of this derive from years from board and Roman, who are complete shit! don't know how to make a long term plan! how to investite! I hope Ratcliffe or others buy the club as soon as possible!
Roman and all his men have been great for a decade, but in last 4-5 years is a disgrace!

7 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

the problems are many
 - the players are not good enough, now i don't do the analysis of everyone. 
- Sarri has just one ideal of football, he doesn't know other tattics or turnover, play young etc..
- But all of this derive from years from board and Roman, who are complete shit! don't know how to make a long term plan! how to investite! I hope Ratcliffe or others buy the club as soon as possible!
Roman and all his men have been great for a decade, but in last 4-5 years is a disgrace!

TRUTH!

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sarri just said that a month ago he didnt even really knew who Pulisic was in terms of buying him.

WTF

you expect him to know every player to the smallest details or what. 

i think he has biggest problems atm

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

Sarri better press the board to get new attacking players. He has to.

I don't think Sarri is like Mourinho or Conte who will press the board for transfers. He seems like the kind of manager who will just accept what he's got. Aurelio De Laurentiis recently mentioned that he didn't want to know about signings at Napoli. If he's like that, then he definitely won't take on the board, never mind trying to take control of transfers.