Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, manpe said:

You were fooling yourself if you thought it was going to be smooth sailing. We fire Sarri and hire another Mourinho, how would that help us? It's evident that this archaic defensive approach is not the way forward, football is evolving and we've been left behind exactly because we have refused to go with the times. Do you want to stay in one place and stagnate forever? Patience...

Until I see us buying Icardi or Dybala the board can fuck off

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

It isn't to make us look good, it's to highlight that Arsenal fans are too saying Emery is stubborn with his team selection and just look at their defence. Shocking. At least we have a consistant approach... we simply do not have the players to play SarriBall. If we had a top top striker tonight we would have won. 

And that's why we're only 3 above Arsenal. Despite them having a shocking defence we can't score..so who knows how that game against them will go. Win for them more likely. 

So frustrating! But what can we do.. Sod all. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Until I see us buying Icardi or Dybala the board can fuck off

Heh I managed to edit my post before you replied. Added the bit about Sarri needing backing and yada yada, same old song. However Icardi or Dybala are never happening so you can fuck them off this instant :D 

Just now, manpe said:

You were fooling yourself if you thought it was going to be smooth sailing. We fire Sarri and hire another Mourinho, how would that help us? It's evident that this archaic defensive approach is not the way forward, football is evolving and we've been left behind exactly because we have refused to go with the times. Do you want to stay in one place and stagnate forever? Patience...

We really need a Director of Football to help provide a clear direction of our playing squad. Emenalo was definitely onto something around 2012/2013 when we bought the small, technical players to play attacking football but we then just had to go bring back Mourinho and see him crush the plan in 1-2 years. 

To put the season into perspective,we are just 2 points short of the tally we had with Mourinho at the same stage of 2013/2014 season.

Sarri needs another summer and the full backing of the board.We are still in top 4 while undergoing the biggest philosophy transition a football club can experience.Guardiola barely managed to get a CL spot in his first season and he inherited a squad that was much closer to his ideas.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

You were fooling yourself if you thought it was going to be smooth sailing. We fire Sarri and hire another Mourinho, how would that help us? It's evident that this archaic defensive approach is not the way forward, football is evolving and we've been left behind exactly because we have refused to go with the times. Do you want to stay in one place and stagnate forever? Patience... But of course he needs the backing from the club, to get rid of the shit Mou/Conte era players and introduce more technical modern footballers.

I replied to you in another thread on this. 

But yeah completely agree it will not be a quick process. However we did play much better two months ago, the way we should be playing. 

Dont even mind we won 12 straight or so. Point is our football was actualy very enjoyable to watch. Now its pure boredom even if we manage to win 1:0 or 2:1.

What happend? We didnt have injuries. It couldnt be fatigue because it started in october.

Hazard was absolutely on fire prior and he isnt that great since october. Jorginho was also much more influental first months compared to now.

Just now, Jason said:

We really need a Director of Football to help provide a clear direction of our playing squad. Emenalo was definitely onto something around 2012/2013 when we bought the small, technical players to play attacking football but we then just had to go bring back Mourinho and see him crush the plan in 1-2 years. 

Yup, I would take Emenalo back. Don't think anymore he was THE problem, by the sounds of it he actually seemed to side with the managers more often than not... There were strong reports that he was fighting Conte's battles in the board room and Conte was left frustrated when he'd left. I do think we need this football knowledgeable intermediary between the coaching staff and the board, somebody to draw a vision together with the manager and help implement it with the suits upstairs.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yup, I would take Emenalo back. Don't think anymore he was THE problem, by the sounds of it he actually seemed to side with the managers more often than not... There were strong reports that he was fighting Conte's battles in the board room and Conte was left frustrated when he'd left. I do think we need this football knowledgeable intermediary between the coaching staff and the board, somebody to draw a vision together with the manager and help implement it with the suits upstairs.

Absolutely. 

Marina is just making us into franchise. 

Pulisic getting them millions of fans in usa and us having record revenues every season is her dream.

United has a cuckoo in Woodward too, they havent been doing well either. 

Liverpool and city brought some brain from germany and spain which did wonders to them.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But yeah completely agree it will not be a quick process. However we did play much better two months ago, the way we should be playing. 

Dont even mind we won 12 straight or so. Point is our football was actualy very enjoyable to watch. Now its pure boredom even if we manage to win 1:0 or 2:1.

What happend? We didnt have injuries. It couldnt be fatigue because it started in october.

Hazard was absolutely on fire prior and he isnt that great since october. Jorginho was also much more influental first months compared to now.

I think 3 major factors: 1) Teams learned to counter us and we haven't yet learned to counter their counter, 2) Fatigue, both physical and mental, partly due to poor rotation (in my opinion), 3) Injuries (Pedro, for example, is actually crucial for us)

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho and Conte didn't get full backing from the board and people think Sarri will? :carlo: 

He might. Conte and Mou got some backing in the beginning, but as things started to turn sour and we reverted to archaic football again each time, the board might have felt that this shit wouldn't last long and wouldn't buy players solely for their styles. Sarri promises to bring the type of football that Roman has reportedly always wanted, so he might be more forthcoming.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agree, but there's no guarantees how much influence the director of football has either.

Is it possible that Emenalo left for that reason?

The key power at the club besides Roman is Marina and that will not change regardless of who we bring in anywhere across the food chain.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

He might. Conte and Mou got some backing in the beginning, but as things started to turn sour and we reverted to archaic football again each time, the board might have felt that this shit wouldn't last long and wouldn't buy players solely for their styles. Sarri promises to bring the type of football that Roman has reportedly always wanted, so he might be more forthcoming.

You're optimistic! Both Conte and Mourinho got some backing early on may be because the transfers were cheap - main players only cost around 20-40 million. The minute they started asking for more and expensive players, Roman was less forthcoming and ended up with some bloody low grade signings. Who's to say it won't happen with Sarri again? I know we've signed the likes of Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Morata etc but there's no guarantee we'll keep up that spending.

Just now, Jason said:

You're optimistic! Both Conte and Mourinho got some backing early on may be because the transfers were cheap - main players only cost around 20-40 million. The minute they started asking for more and expensive players, Roman was less forthcoming and ended up with some bloody low grade signings. Who's to say it won't happen with Sarri again? I know we've signed the likes of Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Morata etc but there's no guarantee we'll keep up that spending.

We just have to...

25 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Earlier on we had time between games and sarri had enough hours to implement his tactics before the next match. Now we have been playing every 3 days since the end of November, so little preparation for each match and fatigue has exposed chelsea.

Sarri cannot escape blame, he's too soft on these players. He keeps playing under performing players and he thinks we don't need a striker when we've scored 11 goals in our last 10 games (1 in our last 3 :doh: )