Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sarri just said that a month ago he didnt even really knew who Pulisic was in terms of buying him.

WTF

Has he actually said this? I haven't heard the presser but from what I've read he made comment that he didn't know the transfer was even happening yesterday but a month ago he was asked his opinion on Pulisic and he gave a positive response.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Has he actually said this? I haven't heard the presser but from what I've read he made comment that he didn't know the transfer was even happening yesterday but a month ago he was asked his opinion on Pulisic and he gave a positive response.

yep

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yikes!! We've got a coach who's indifferent to how much the board acts. FFS, Guardiola and Klopp get treated like princesses by being given the freedom and the means to sculpt the shape of the squad and we have a frea**ng yes man doormat.

The future's not looking bright. It really isn't. We truly, deeply need a new owner who's got the passion, the flame to take us to new heights. We've stagnated so badly with this current pathetic board.

There are no doubt some issues under Sarri at the moment. The reluctance to rotate, and trust other players (especially some of the younger lads) is frustrating.

I'm not sure I agree completely with the lack of a plan B. City don't have a plan B offensively but they are far better at their plan A. They also have a lot more options to choose from, rotate, bring off the bench. Sarri showed at home to City that he is prepared to change to get the result when playing a team on paper stronger than us. But we shouldn't be needing a plan B at home to the likes of Leicester and Southampton, and I don't see much he can change from an attacking perspective when we have no alternatives on the bench at present.

Where I do pity Sarri and feel he was dealt a harsh hand was the pre-season. From the delay being able to get him in, to going on tour and then our players being drip-fed back from the world cup, it was always going to be an uphill task to get him in and have good time to train and work with our players, and time to identify where we could potentially improve with transfers. Conte at least had no european football so had much more time to work on his tactics and philosophy. Sarri hasn't had any proper time since he arrived which was criminally not considered enough by the board when trying to change our style of play so drastically with a set of players who for some, had played the last 5 years under Mourinho and Conte.

I do think he needs time, and deserves a proper summer with the ability to get rid of a couple and bring a couple of players in more suited to his needs, and work tactically with some of these players. But for him to get that, he also needs to make a couple of changes himself.

Think its fair to say the panic buttons been pressed. Lol Pulisic not even here to the summer and already written off too it seems. Meltdown FC back in action! And anyone who expected a easy ride under Sarri clearly been smoking something stupid, particularly after the 2 bad seasons we had after winning the league under better more experienced managers with totally contrasting styles.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think its fair to say the panic buttons been pressed. Lol Pulisic not even here to the summer and already written off too it seems. Meltdown FC back in action! And anyone who expected a easy ride under Sarri clearly been smoking something stupid, particularly after the 2 bad seasons we had after winning the league under better more experienced managers with totally contrasting styles.

I will not stop

I have been saying

since 2013

let that sink in

BUY ICARDI

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Am all for giving the manager time but problem with Sarri is, we've been down this road before with Scolari, AVB. Stubborn, rigid, persisting with things that aren't working. Keep this up and it's only gonna end one way...

Just now, Jason said:

Am all for giving the manager time but problem with Sarri is, we've been down this road before with Scolari, AVB. Stubborn, rigid, persisting with things that aren't working. Keep this up and it's only gonna end one way...

Yeah I know but its quite embarrassing that people expected him to come in and instantly change everything after making only 3 signings really, Kepa, Jorginho and Kovacic. Took him a proper full season at Napoli before they were anywhere near to half of what he got them to.

Scolari and AVB are similar cases but the plug was arguably pulled on them early too, its no surprise that whenever we try to change to a more offensive minded team that the manager ends up getting the boot eventually and the board end up putting us backwards by scrapping the project again.

From where we were under Conte at times last season to now, its probably not even 25% of what Sarri will undoubtly want from us because there still is so much more to improve. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah I know but its quite embarrassing that people expected him to come in and instantly change everything after making only 3 signings really, Kepa, Jorginho and Kovacic. Took him a proper full season at Napoli before they were anywhere near to half of what he got them to.

Scolari and AVB are similar cases but the plug was arguably pulled on them early too, its no surprise that whenever we try to change to a more offensive minded team that the manager ends up getting the boot eventually and the board end up putting us backwards by scrapping the project again.

From where we were under Conte at times last season to now, its probably not even 25% of what Sarri will undoubtly want from us because there still is so much more to improve. 

Is Sarri gonna get all the players that he wants to play his football here? Probably not. And then what? Is he then going to persist with Plan A and players that don't suit his system and pray things fall into place? 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Comparing with others just to make ourselves look good isn't the brightest of ideas. 

It isn't to make us look good, it's to highlight that Arsenal fans are too saying Emery is stubborn with his team selection and just look at their defence. Shocking. At least we have a consistant approach... we simply do not have the players to play SarriBall. If we had a top top striker tonight we would have won. 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

It isn't to make us look good, it's to highlight that Arsenal fans are too saying Emery is stubborn with his team selection and just look at their defence. Shocking. At least we have a consistant approach... we simply do not have the players to play SarriBall. If we had a top top striker tonight we would have won. 

Tbh regarding tonight, even a good striker isnt a solution IMO. We were jerking the ball for 90min and created almost nothing. We are slow and uncreative. Static and have no dynamic.

Yeah it might be 1:0 with better striker but honestly who would want to watch this boring football week in week out? 

Sarri was brought to make us more attractive. For months, even when we do win, we play realy bad for most games. 

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh regarding tonight, even a good striker isnt a solution IMO. We were jerking the ball for 90min and created almost nothing. We are slow and uncreative. Static and have no dynamic.

Yeah it might be 1:0 with better striker but honestly who would want to watch this boring football week in week out? 

Sarri was brought to make us more attractive. For months, even when we do win, we play realy bad for most games. 

You were fooling yourself if you thought it was going to be smooth sailing. We fire Sarri and hire another Mourinho, how would that help us? It's evident that this archaic defensive approach is not the way forward, football is evolving and we've been left behind exactly because we have refused to go with the times. Do you want to stay in one place and stagnate forever? Patience... But of course he needs the backing from the club, to get rid of the shit Mou/Conte era players and introduce more technical modern footballers.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I feel exactly the same way, believe me I do. I was watching tonight raging and the lack of movement and zero ideas when on the ball. There has to be a reason for it and my understanding is the players are extremely limited. We all know that we have been using a drab squad for years now. Just take a look at highlights when we had Anelka abd Drogba up top with A.Cole overlapping. That team had players who could really play at the highest level. We just don't have that quality anymore.

30 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well of course people are getting concerned now. This is not a manager who has won trophies so that we can say lets give him time and be sure he will deliver. No, he managed Napoli without any pressure to win but here its very much a different story. There is not a lot for me to see why we should support him in the transfer market, even the style of football we play is boring and ineffective and doesn't get people of their seats. How many games we had at home where we didn't score, 3 or 4 already and its only January.  Few bad results could be tolerated if he had the balls to change and give players chances and a bit of freedom to express themselves on the pitch and not only be the slaves of his system and tactics. Also we seriously lack quality and leaders in this team, so I would not rule out a total collapse this season, actually we are just one Hazard injury away from it 

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

As BlueLyon mentioned above, having a striker will mean nothing if we don't create chances and I'm not sure if it's fair to expect the striker to finish every 1-2 chances he gets per game!