test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

7,514 posts in this topic
Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Right. Give Poch this squad, it would be a disaster! Dembele, Eriksson, Kane are very good players. Dembele was monstrous. Think Mauricio! Could you do the same thing with Bakayoko, Cahill, Moses, Drinkwater and Pedro?! 

I have to disagree with that. Poch took over an even more flawed Spurs side with players like Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor in it but froze out the shit and built around the quality assests to build the side he has, he even managed to make a player out of Danny Rose who was previously the butt of everyone's jokes. With us at a financial disadvantage to City for the forseable future and the likes of Mount, Ampadu and CHO knocking on the first team door a coach like Poch would be the perfect for us, but sadly he'll never come here.

kellzfresh and Fernando like this

I am very curious about new chief scout assignment. I hope the board brings in someone with a good track record of finding talent. While we are dreaming of Pocchetino Leipzig stole his scout. I wish we got him or Dortmund's Mislintat.

Conte or not we have to stop the Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Djiolobodji, Baba Rahman madness. Obviously we will spend less than Manchester clubs because of the stadium. We can only compete if we find better players for cheap.

19 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Right wing recruiters are watching you.

LOL.

You would surprise about how similar Brazil and USA are in terms of politics...I'm glad we still don't have a portuguese version to SJW. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

20 hours ago, Styles said:

Watching Spurs dominate Juventus in Italy. Conte shows no signs of being able to coach a team to outplay big opponents like this. (Atletico don't count. They are a shit on a stick team who let the opponents play).

Why persist with a manager who shows no ambition? Get rid. ASAP.

LOL are we talking about the game where had things gone exactly as they should spurs would've been down 3-1 at the half? The game in which Juve were without Matuidi, Caudrado and Dybala??

A little perspective please. 

When you have a team of Zappacosta's and Drinkwater's I think its time to temper the expectations of what a manager can do... 

Supermonkey92 likes this

51 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Conte or not we have to stop the Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Djiolobodji, Baba Rahman madness. Obviously we will spend less than Manchester clubs because of the stadium. We can only compete if we find better players for cheap.

This

Supermonkey92 likes this

21 hours ago, Tomo said:

I have to disagree with that. Poch took over an even more flawed Spurs side with players like Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor in it but froze out the shit and built around the quality assests to build the side he has, he even managed to make a player out of Danny Rose who was previously the butt of everyone's jokes. With us at a financial disadvantage to City for the forseable future and the likes of Mount, Ampadu and CHO knocking on the first team door a coach like Poch would be the perfect for us, but sadly he'll never come here.

Poch spend one - two years shedding dead weight, and he hasn't won any thropies with spurs.

I have never seen any manager under Roman that last after winning nothing for 3 years. 

bigbluewillie and manpe like this

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Anyone fluent in Italian able to translate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't speak Italian but it seems, it were the same 'journos' from this video.

Italian comedians gave a "Conte 1" Utd shirt for Mourinho to sing. He signed it and I guess they wanted the same with Conte but from the looks of it, he didn't want to.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Anyone fluent in Italian able to translate?

DWFT6XvXcAEh1rQ.jpg

6 hours ago, Polo7 said:

People on here talking about wanting a manager like Poch. Yet they’ll be the first to complain if we don’t win anything for more than a year. 

Was that aimed at me? No i wouldn't as long as the team and squad were evolving well. Personally i would choose a solid 2nd/3rd place finish with good performances for most of the season over any knockout trophy bar the Champions League.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

How I hate journalists who take themselves way too seriously...unhappy people can be annoying sometimes. 

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Well even if we appoint Pochettino, I don't think even he will take chances of playing the youth here, because the board members and Abrahimovic will be out for his head when he doesn't win anything. The club is stuck between accepting their current position and still being dreamy about the last decade or so. We are just not the same club financially anymore, if we have to reach somewhere we have to emulate the Spurs or the Atletico model, because we are no longer a financial superpower. I know it's hard to accept, it was for me as well, I was one of the many people wanting Conte out, but I have changed my perception, what the club needs right now is not a new manager, just patience, because managers are no miracle workers, they have to work with what they have, if Conte is given backing by the board, he might as well build a great team from our extremely talented youth team.

Leif and 11Drogba like this