The Mourinho Thread

What did Mourinho do or say to them that caused all this disinterest in playing on the pitch? It was apparent right from pre-season.

Now that he has blasted his entire team with feelings of betrayal to the press, all good ties between them have been severed for good or for ill. But he will last the season as long as he drags the club away from the relgation zone.

This 'betrayal" malarkey is being over hyped.

So, he indicates that what had been worked on in training and preperation wasn't carried out on the pitch.......loads of managers have said similar in post match interviews. Cannot see what is wrong with saying something like that.

People!

What kind of example we are setting here?

Lets say we just sacked Jose - our best manager in club history and probably in the world - players would be like ok i dont care for your tactics and demeanors so im dont give a fuck on the pitch and neither would mind getting relegated or care about supporters or damaging the club reputation but im still collecting the checks tho.

You saw what Hazard did, he simply didnt gave a shit that we needed points or the fact that we're sitting 16th in the table.

Sacking Jose would solve nothing but On the other hand selling some big ass players like Hazard would!

Absurdity, you got to look at what happened at real Madrid and then see what is happening here.

Mourinho has made this mess unto itself.

We could be forgiven of one time and real Madrid being crazy team. But second time?

It's like avb. Did bad here and then got a chance at Spurs and also showed how out of his depth he was.

No sorry my friend the past is the past. He used to be the best manager now he's just a shadow of his former self.

This is why I would love him gone.

But it's not what I want but what the clubs want. And I think they have already made their decision.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10100602/jose-mourinhos-chelsea-position-unchanged-sky-sources

This is just bullshit. I think really and truly this time, it is a case of saving money for Abramovich. This is just too bad to think Mourinho can turn it around and the board knows it. Our top scorer in the league is Costa and own goals with only 3! That is unacceptable. Hazard still has no goals. If that is not a sign that the manager needs to go, then what is? I don't know how much longer I can continue to watch this farcical going on at the club and their persistence by Jose. We are 16th and hovering aboving the relegation zone. Just in what world do the board think he can turn it round? The players have lost him and he has lost the players.

Like I said before, more of a financial decision rather than a logical one.

"It's hard. All last season I did phenomenal work and I brought them to a level that is more than they really are."

For this statement I have absolutely no words.

How can any manager say that is beyond me. .

C'mon....if you are going to use Mourinho's quotes to have a pop at him, at least have the respect and honesty to do it in full.

"Q: Is it hard for you watching some of those players, knowing they are champion players, knowing how good they can be and they're almost unrecognisable?

Mourinho: It's hard. All last season I did phenomenal work and brought them to a level that's not their level, which is more than they really are, OR this season we are doing so bad that some of the players - of course I am not saying all of them, I don't want to put them all in the same basket - but clearly for some of them, it is so difficult."

Although he or his supporters on here haven't much to defend, let's at least get quotes right before slating someone

The same goes for the 'betrayal" issue where he was even unsure if he had used the right word

"Question: Jose, some fight towards the end but overall obviously a difficult night, but what are your thoughts on it?

Mourinho: They deserved to win because they were better than us during a longer period of time. I think we were the best team for 20 to 25 minutes, maximum 30 minutes. They were the best team for one hour.

They were very consistent and focused. They didn't make any mistakes. They were aggressive with everybody playing high intensity, high tempo and with a great mentality. It was difficult for us and then we conceded two goals that are unacceptable to me because I know one of my best qualities is to read the game for my players.

It's to read the opponent and identify every detail about the opponent. These two goals, the movement of Vardy between the two central defenders, the cross with the left foot. Then Mahrez in the box one against one - I want one against two because I want the midfield player to close the best foot.

The two goals are very difficult to accept. It's a big frustration to accept because I feel like my work was betrayed, if that's the right word."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10100602/jose-mourinhos-chelsea-position-unchanged-sky-sources

This is just bullshit. I think really and truly this time, it is a case of saving money for Abramovich. This is just too bad to think Mourinho can turn it around and the board knows it. Our top scorer in the league is Costa and own goals with only 3! That is unacceptable. Hazard still has no goals. If that is not a sign that the manager needs to go, then what is? I don't know how much longer I can continue to watch this farcical going on at the club and their persistence by Jose. We are 16th and hovering aboving the relegation zone. Just in what world do the board think he can turn it round? The players have lost him and he has lost the players.

Like I said before, more of a financial decision rather than a logical one.

One of the problems at Chelsea is that the important decisions are made at the whim of one man who isn't a football person to begin with. The manager comes out publicly and says his players have betrayed him. That alone should make his position as manager untenable. The fact that he's being dragged along and carries on is outrageous.

The boss seems to be viewed here as incompetent and along for the ride rather than making conscious decisions.

If you were to listen to him in last night's post match PC and what he had to say other than using misquotes of what he said as a stick to beat him with it would be realised that the exact goals we conceded on we worked on in training; that was why he said 'betrayal' (I think he was hindered by a language barrier there) when his players had failed to listen to the instructions he had hammered in over training.

The reality is that attacking football is demanded but yet most of the players cannot string passes together; this is why Jose is not playing attacking football because we've not been good enough to do it. The most common passing combination was probably between John Terry and Zouma in the first half. He also, interestingly, said that he's picking players that we criticise because they perform so well in training. Acknowledged our goals problem, this is why he will buy in January if he possibly can.

The reality is that we simply don't have enough information to comprehensively blame one group. However as Carragher sad last night, Roman does and he'll have to make a decision on who to side with and there may well be some mass expulsions in the summer. If Roman tells Jose he has his backing and the player-manager relationship is broken then I agree with a previous poster that he will just play the youth.

Sometimes I honestly think those who do not agree with Mourinho have their rhetoric copied in, ready to post whenever we lose. Excalibur has not stopped posting since we lost. Fair enough I guess; but your view in the whole Chelsea fanbase is a minority one; if you read what's been said here you would think that the fans want to crucify him.

And yes, I blame the players almost solely for this crisis. None have been good enough other than Courtois, Begovic, Zzouma and Willian.

I feel sad that Jose is evidently no longer a great manager, it's like if Messi started playing like Torres. I feel more sad about this than frustrated at how we're doing in general. It's hard to feel angry towards Jose, it feels like he as a family member has passed on

This 'betrayal" malarkey is being over hyped.

So, he indicates that what had been worked on in training and preperation wasn't carried out on the pitch.......loads of managers have said similar in post match interviews. Cannot see what is wrong with saying something like that.

Loads of managers mentioned being betrayed? I doubt it

Loads of managers mentioned being betrayed? I doubt it

Yup....if something is worked on in training and not carried out on the pitch loads of managers say SIMILAR things....if that's the right word ;-)

Read full post instead of concentrating on one word

#readhisfullquote

What do you want me to do? name more? Ok I feel our entire back four has been doing their best despite no protection from the midfield and two aging players. Cesc has finally been exposed because we've not been playing well offensively. Teams are braver when they attack us because we don't trouble them enough on the attacking end and the more they attack, the more likely Cesc defensive frailties are exposed. Look the players are doing the best they can. I don't expect a work horses like Willian and Oscar to become offensive juggernauts overnight and save Mourinho's bacon. We don't have a Madrid side full of stars to make him look good.

Agree to disagree then. If they had shown some form of competency in their performances, we wouldn't be in such a desperate situation. And blaming the clueless attacking tactics (I don't disagree with the criticism) only goes so far because at the end of the day, it doesn't excuse the rubbish goals we have conceded this season.

Roman needs to choose one of the following 2 options right now:

1) Back Mourinho, come out in the press and say that he will not be sacked regardless of where we finish and there is 0 pressure on him now. Then go to Mourinho, tell him he's getting no money in January but will get a large amount in the summer to rebuild the squad and should from this moment onwards include at the very least 4/5 youngsters in every single match (RLC, Zouma, Kenedy and Baba should be 100% starters, Aina, Traore, JCS, Musonda, Kiwomya, Colkett and Dasilva should be getting lots of game time too) for the rest of this season and get rid of the under-performing older players (most of them) either by selling them (Fabregas, Oscar, Ramires), not renewing their contracts (Terry, Ivanovic) or even releasing them if noone wants them (Mikel).

2) Sack Mourinho, literally tomorrow. Put Steve Holland in charge or something and give him exactly the same instructions I mentioned above. Then get a manager in towards the end of the season or at the end of it.

I would do option 2 in a heartbeat. But to option 1, Kiwomya is awful and only has pace. His ceiling is L1 level. Colkett is interesting but is not ready for the first team although he starred for the youth last season, he would not handle the pace of the PL. DaSilva too is fantastic but he needs more time with the youth first as he is very dimunitive and would be very difficult for him imo. JCS is another good prospect but not ready to be playing in the PL. I know Mourinho is not good with youth but tbf to him and I have give him tons of criticisms, no other manager would bring those lot through right now because they are not ready. Imagine if we did play those youngsters then they started to play awful, that would have an adverse effect on the youngsters potentially.

Is Aina potentially ready for a role right now? Maybe. Musonda, I say certainly so. RLC, yes and has played some games but for some reason been completely marginalised and Traore I don't understand why we brought him back in the first place if we were never going to play him. Should have sent him on loan to a more advanced team than Vitesse because he has the ability.

My final thing in defence with Mourinho which is rare, if we did bring in a new manager I don't think we actually will see a change in the youth. RLC might get more sub appearances but I don't think he would be actually trusted with starts unless it is against dead rubber oppositions.

Carragher: "Either Mourinho leaves or a lot of these players have to go"
Or why not both, at the end of the season.
Costa, Fabregas and/or Oscar, Mikel/Ramires, Falcao, Ivanović.

I'm 50 - 50 for Mourinho leaving, I see changes in squad way more important.

Because I know there were times when we weren't so much dependable on coach. Hiddink arrived, Grant arrived, we played good. Di Matteo took us to UCL glory. Those are not so special managers.

When a player is great - he is great. No matter who manager is, as long as he plays and plays in his own (or similar) position.