Juan Mata

Severinb

Manchester United are hopeful of securing a deal for Chelsea's Juan Mata by this weekend, sources at both Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge have told ESPN.

United officials have remained in London over the last two days to conduct negotiations for Mata.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1688467/manchester-united-closer-transfer-chelsea-juan-mata?cc=4716

If Mata joins United we won't be getting Rooney anyway. That's the calibre of player Rooney is desperate to play with. There's no other incentive to leave otherwise now that Moyes has made him the main man at Utd again.

They'll just sell RVP instead and play Rooney upfront. With an incredible core of Jones, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj and De Gea. All they would need is a replacement for Evra and a WC CM.

And Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Schurrle aren't the kind of players Rooney would want to play with???

Guillem Balague. That is all.

Other newspapers are probably only reporting it because he said so. And he chats shit.

I think it's naive to think that all of the BBC, Sky Sports Football, The Guardian, The Telegraph and The Independent among other reliable outlets are basing their information on Guillem Balague.

Imagination time:

If it was offered, who would take Cash+Hernandez?

I would. 20 goals a season? Sell ba for a few million? And a possible replacement for Mata? Yes please.

Someone who is willing to bench warm? Might as well recall Moses

But I agree about Chicharito, wouldn't mind him too, £32m+ him is OK

Chelsea as a club has little dignity or pride. We sell to rivals more than anyone else in the world when we don't need to. Even Tottenham wouldn't sell us Modric.

Can't recall much recently... and because he was their best player, Mata is not one of our best anymore

If I ever saw that cunt Cheatcharito in our shirt I'd have to end my life. I NEVER want to see him near our team.

The only name that would immediately make me fine with selling Mata to United is Suarez. And that ain't happening.

Imagination time:

If it was offered, who would take Cash+Hernandez?

I would. 20 goals a season? Sell ba for a few million? And a possible replacement for Mata? Yes please.

Hernandez is 4th choice at United for a reason. He's the same level as Ba but is also a much worse all round footballer.

Hope this is only happening if we have a striker lined up, otherwise it is ridiculous.

On another point, he will make Utd much stronger but it does mean that if both Rooney and RVP are fit, then at least one of them will have to play out of position (and would, as a result, alter Utd's age old style of playing with great width).

I see the rationale behind letting him go, especially for 40m+, but to see him strengthen Man Utd would be hard to take. Is it possible we are doing this to free up wage budget/transfer kitty for the incoming striker we so badly need? I hope that is the only reason.

He has been magnificent for us and I will wish him every success (as long as it does not come at our expense) for the future. His considerable talent is wasted on our bench and it is best he moves on. He's a cracking little player and I've loved watching him.

Why are you over-reacting? Do you think Chelsea board, Mourinho & Abramovic are so stupid to sell to Manchester United, if it doesn't benefit us in one of the ways? Few months ago there were reports that Chelsea would sell Mata only to PSG or Spanish club. Now we see negotations with United are ongoing (which may be bullshit), so that means they convinced Chelsea with something or should I say someone (*cough* Rooney *cough*).