Juan Mata

Severinb

I just can't understand why we would even consider selling him there. I wouldn't care if they were in 15th I wouldn't sell him there. You'd just have to assume there'd be someone coming in to replace him immediately or the supporters would go ballistic, me included.

Giving Manchester United our best player. Just think about how insane that sounds.

The thing is if United make a mistake in the transfer market, they dont have the funds to erase it out completely like Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, etc.

To me, buying Mata is a commitment similar to what Chelsea made for Torres when they purchased him. Regardless of his form/play style, Torres was always going to play/start because of his fee. Same thing if Mata goes to United, they will force Moyes to play Mata somehow, even if he doesnt fit...

So, if it doesnt work, than in the long term it really screws them up and they wont spend/acquire the other pieces they actually need.

Would say it's only 3 players for 2 positions since Mourinho wouldn't want Oscar to be "tracking full backs" out wide...unless that is of course, we throw Ramires on the right which would be just :doh: (whoever brought up that idea of playing him at RW in the first place should be crucified!). And if we play 4-3-3, where does Oscar fit in though?

Against West Ham he sorta played on the right, with Rami covering him too.

But why would you do that when it could cost on the performance of the team?

It doesn't seem to when we've used it. It sounds incredibly harsh but if we lose two of Hazard, Willian, Oscar or Schurrle to injury, we're in some shit with or without Mata.

Still feel Jose wants Rooney badly, he's just his type of player.

Falcao and Mata possible swap with cash is another possibility but all depends. Either way we need a top class striker come the summer.

My favourite pick for striker is Diego Costa.

The thing is if United make a mistake in the transfer market, they dont have the funds to erase it out completely like Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, etc.

To me, buying Mata is a commitment similar to what Chelsea made for Torres when they purchased him. Regardless of his form, Torres was always going to play/start because of his fee. Same thing if Mata goes to United, they will force Moyes to play Mata somehow... So, if it doesnt work, than in the long term it really screws them up and they wont spend/acquire the other pieces they actually need.

But if it does work they have a world class player who's only 25 that would be playing against us and helping United potentially win trophies for years to come.

That alone is more than reason enough to never sell him there. It would be worse than the RvP sale in my opinion. He is aging and super injury prone as has been proven once more this season. We'd be giving them a young player who never gets injured and likely isn't even in the prime of his career yet and is already world class.

Mata to Man Utd. Yeah right.

Like Moyes would know what to do with attacking midfielder when he sees one... Where he would play him in his 442 system. On the wing?

In the summer Rooney will decide where to go. Could we even sign him these days? Is he injured?

About transfer.. my version.

United are at a low, share prices falling, team tumbling in the league, difficult fixtures ahead. . The fans are getting pretty disgruntled with the 'chosen one'.

Club thinks, well lets link ourselves with or maybe even faux bid for some of players that will get them giddy again.. Gundogan, Mata, Cavani, and now Dante ?

According to many 'close sources' United are very close. Just as they were with Fabregas, Thiago and others in the summer.

For all the poeople excited about this Rooney- Mata swap deal in this transfer window, you may find this page usefull...

But if it does work they have a world class player who's only 25 that would be playing against us and helping United potentially win trophies for years to come.

That alone is more than reason enough to never sell him there. It would be worse than the RvP sale in my opinion. He is aging and super injury prone as has been proven once more this season. We'd be giving them a young player who never gets injured and likely isn't even in the prime of his career yet and is already world class.

Mata not world class. In addition, they would need to sacrifice Kagawa/Rooney and Adan growth. Also, what becomes of Nani than?

Its risky business on United part.

Do I use this season to for Adan's growth and acquire proper CMs in the summer, or do I buy Mata, even though I have Kagawa and more glaring needs. Do I completely changed my tactics just for Mata? If it was Martinez, it would be reasonable, but Moyes Im not too sure.

United arent 1 player short, they're a few players short imo.

Can Mata really be called world class after having 1 exceptional good season? His 1st season with us was good, NO WHERE NEAR WORLD CLASS. And we are getting offered £40m if true, then we should take it. This is the type of money you pay for actual WORLD CLASS players like Falcao, Cavani, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rooney, Van Persie, Benzema...etc who had at least 2-3 great seasons before commanding this fee, to me we are forcing MU to overpay for Mata which is good.

World class players are players who are among the best in the world in their positions. Mata is not even in top 10 attacking mid in the world atm. He is just a top class player, someone who is better than your average dudes but not the one that is gonna bring you game changing moments.

Whole system was built around him, Hazard had like 9 goals all season, Oscar around the same too. But he was the CAM and everything went through him literally.

But do you think that any non-exceptional player could achieve those statistics just because he's the team's main man?

Can Mata really be called world class after having 1 exceptional good season? His 1st season with us was good, NO WHERE NEAR WORLD CLASS. And we are getting offered £40m if true, then we should take it. This is the type of money you pay for actual WORLD CLASS players like Falcao, Cavani, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rooney, Van Persie, Benzema...etc who had at least 2-3 great seasons before commanding this fee, to me we are forcing MU to overpay for Mata which is good.

World class players are players who are among the best in the world in their positions. Mata is not even in top 10 attacking mid in the world atm. He is just a top class player, someone who is better than your average dudes but not the one that is gonna bring you game changing moments.

2-3 good seasons but then you say Hazard is world class? He did well in the Ligue 1 but is only now beginning to properly show signs of a world class player at the top level. Still though you can't say he's been any more world class than Mata last season.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 9s

Sky Sports - Negotiations to take Juan Mata to Man United are under way (via @GraemeBailey) #CFC #MUFC

wow unbelievable. madness from our board, even negotiating with this cunts. they f-ed us over with Rooney and we are negotiating with them? we should negotiate as long as possible and than call the deal off, just to f them. if we sanction this move, i have lost my faith. you have to be deluded to strengthen a rival (yeah, united are shit at the moment, but they are still a top team and wait till RVP+rooney will be back).

we should sell Hazard to Arsenal and maybe Azpi to Spurs. lets make the league even more interesting :)

But do you think that any non-exceptional player could achieve those statistics just because he's the team's main man?

2-3 good seasons but then you say Hazard is world class? He did well in the Ligue 1 but is only now beginning to properly show signs of a world class player at the top level. Still though you can't say he's been any more world class than Mata last season.

The good thing about Mata was consistency last season, he kept on doing what he is doing almost every match, but he never the guy who takes the game on the scuff of its neck. Remember Hazard at Sunderland and Hull, Mata rarely ever does that, that goal against Arsenal early last season and that late winner at MU was really his only talking points. But then again MU gave us before the match and Arsenal goal was a bit fortunate. I agree that he is a good player, very consistent one in fact but not adaptable enough. Also it is the reason why he is on his way out, modern football is changing and nowadays you can't just be 'good at what you do' anymore, you need to virtually do everything to help the team(defend...etc) and Mata can't even though he tried. Unless you are EXCEPTIONALLY good at just that 1 thing so scoring like Messi/Ronaldo/Falcao/Cavani...etc

Sky Sports - Negotiations to take Juan Mata to Man United are under way (via @GraemeBailey) #CFC #MUFC

wow unbelievable. madness from our board, even negotiating with this cunts. they f-ed us over with Rooney and we are negotiating with them? we should negotiate as long as possible and than call the deal off, just to f them. if we sanction this move, i have lost my faith. you have to be deluded to strengthen a rival (yeah, united are shit at the moment, but they are still a top team and wait till RVP+rooney will be back).

we should sell Hazard to Arsenal and maybe Azpi to Spurs. lets make the league even more interesting :)

It was Guillem Balague who said that actually and AFAIR, he has a dodgy record when it comes to transfer news, no?

Tbf if we got him we wouldn't have got Eto'o tp destroy them :D:ph34r: but in reality yeah I agree