Juan Mata

Severinb

If a deal is going to happen I can't see why we would just sell him for straight cash, and not get Rooney in return...We are in desperate need of a top striker and it could well be the difference that gets us the title! Still would be very sad to see Mata go, especially to united... :(

Balague talks an awful lot of shite. We only want £32m? Really? For a player who is only perhaps bested by Ozil in his position? I seriously doubt it. That's a god damn January bargain. I don't believe it for a second.

And who in the blue hell are we realistically going to get at this stage?

If United offered £32m for Mata I'd tell them to shove it up their arse.

If Mata joins United we won't be getting Rooney anyway. That's the calibre of player Rooney is desperate to play with. There's no other incentive to leave otherwise now that Moyes has made him the main man at Utd again.

They'll just sell RVP instead and play Rooney upfront. With an incredible core of Jones, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj and De Gea. All they would need is a replacement for Evra and a WC CM.

Balague talks an awful lot of shite. We only want £32m? Really? For a player who is only perhaps bested by Ozil in his position? I seriously doubt it. That's a god damn January bargain. I don't believe it for a second.

If United offered £32m for Mata I'd tell them to shove it up their arse.

not only balague is reporting it. guardian, telegraph and tons of other papers too. maybe the figures are wrong, but there is definetely something in the bush...

Calm down guys, be sure this fund WILL BE PROPERLY INVESTED IN A STRIKER WE NEED. We are not gonna waste it on another Torres don't worry. If you said right now would we have Cavani/Falcao/Rooney leading the line instead of Mata would we take it?

The answer is obvious...

The Guardian and Sky Sports are both saying that Rooney is not going to be part of any deal, which makes it all the more worse and all the more painful to take really. United refused to negotiate for Rooney for the entirety of the summer transfer window, and now here they are wanting Mata and within no time at all negotiations are 'progressing well'. Incredible.

Manchester United have said no to the money and no to Rooney - but I am under the impression that a deal will be reached because it benefits everybody.

we don't need money. we need rooney.

If Mata joins United we won't be getting Rooney anyway. That's the calibre of player Rooney is desperate to play with. There's no other incentive to leave otherwise now that Moyes has made him the main man at Utd again.

They'll just sell RVP instead and play Rooney upfront. With an incredible core of Jones, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj and De Gea. All they would need is a replacement for Evra and a WC CM.

and a competent manager

Manchester United have said no to the money and no to Rooney - but I am under the impression that a deal will be reached because it benefits everybody.

we don't need money. we need rooney.

Well the Guardian's sources during the whole Rooney summer window drama were absolutely spot on, and they are adamant that Rooney transferring to us is not going to happen. I don't see any reason to think their sources are untrue now.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/21/wayne-rooney-sale-juan-mata-chelsea-manchester-united

not only balague is reporting it. guardian, telegraph and tons of other papers too. maybe the figures are wrong, but there is definetely something in the bush...

Well it's that figure that annoys me because Mata is just behind Ozil in his position. I'd even say he's more consistent than him.

£32m for Mata+Torres and then we can talk!

:Goober:

So all they need is a world class cm....that would be the world class cm they can't sign at the moment and haven't been able to sign for the last four years.

You left defenders off that list too. And a right-back. And a manager.

You're letting your excitement at the prospect of United beating Chelsea make you miss these minor things.