Juan Mata

Severinb

As if Mourinho is dumb enough to go into the second half of the season with 4 players for 3 positions. Either we get someone prolific in return or this is not happening.

I think we're pretty much covered if we think about the way Chelsea is playing right know, this 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation. We have:

DM/CM/AM - Matic, Rami, Essien, Mikel, Lamps, Oscar (Baker and David Luiz can step up too at DM/CM and Willian and Hazard at AM)

LW - Hazard, Schurrle (Willian is a natural LW and Eto'o played there for Inter)

RW - Willian (Hazard, Rami, Schurrle, Oscar)

Maybe there is no natural back-up for the RW, but it's not like Eden can only play as a LW, or Willian as a RW or Rami as a central midfielder, they are all versatile players that can go to different parts of the pitch without affecting their performances. I'd rather give some bench time to Charly Musonda, or Boga, to introduce them into the first team atmosphere, rather than buying someone in this transfer window.

Maybe there is no natural back-up for the RW, but it's not like Eden can only play as a LW, or Willian as a RW or Rami as a central midfielder, they are all versatile players that can go to different parts of the pitch without affecting their performances.

Have you ever seen Rami playing as winger?

This prospect sickens me so much. We don't need the money, hes not a troublemaker, he's on ridiculousley low wages etc. (More reasons on my post on pg 311 below):

All senimants aside Mata is too good to be a benchwarmer. We have to show Mata the respect he deserves and if Mourinho is indeed planning to displace him for the long term, some sense indeed emanates in selling. Nonetheless, nobody can convice me that selling Mata to Man United in January is good for the club, even at "37 million pounds".

Mata may not bring United a title, but like Chelsea two years ago, he has everything to reinvigorate and strenghten their team enormousley. Selling in January aswell, when we need strength to compete with City is also questionable for a club that are quitely challenging for the title, despite rebuffs from Mourinho to the contrary. An injury/suspension to any of our three currently preffered players can also be instantly mitigated with Mata providing equal qualities (and maybe more as a number 10 offensivley than the three currently).

That said it's world cup year and I feel for Mata deeply. Mourinho is the main man and it is he who ultimatley makes the decisions. I honestly do think that our wingers tracking back, Matic and Ramires in midfield and our defensive partnership combine to make a potent enough defensive unit for Mata to be given some freedom to attack with a reduced burden on him defensivley. IMO that is a viable option for a lot of games, although Mata can easily demand a greater role in most other clubs, I do still feel Mourinho will give Mata chances in the second half of the season in steaking a claim for his spot. Moreover, the handful of games Mata's had to prove himself on the pitch IMHO doesn't suffice adequate scrutiny in determining categorically that we can let our best player for the last two seasons, the top assist maker in the EPL last year and quite simply a worldclass player like Mata to leave our club.

Maybe it is sentimant speaking now but as much sense as some some arguments make it just doesn't feel right to let the humble and classy 25 year old Mata leave with his peak approaching (especially to United) and undoutebly provide a club with the world class qualities he's cultivated over the years at Chelsea.

But to show it's not sentimant speaking Martin Samuel emphasises some similair points very eloquently:

• Whatever Mata (could)achieves in a red shirt this season, he is the poster boy for optimism. Last week, Moyes was the man who couldn’t persuade Leighton Baines to leave Everton — now he is the manager who signed Mata. Why have (would) Chelsea afforded him this fortunate break?
  • It is the same with Mata. Had this transfer window passed without major recruitment at Manchester United, and the club had then failed to qualify for the Champions League, how much harder would it have been to rejuvenate the squad in the summer?
  • Creative players with Mata’s gift are rare. United would find it hard to rebuild in such a competitive market, yet with Adnan Januzaj on one side, Mata on the other and Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie fit again, a far more substantial team begins to take shape.
  • United have been crying out for a player of Mata’s substance. All the more reason not to sell him, then. It will be cast as a bold move, a brave move, and proof that United are no longer seen as a Premier League force by Mourinho — but in selling Mata, the Happy One may just have woken up a little too chipper for his own good.

For all these reasons and more, if this transfer happens it will quite simply be one of the worst transfers Chelsea have ever made. I want to witness the decadance of United (will probably never happen) not the nightmarish possibility of Chelsea given birth to a United revival however minor that may be.

Cast your minds back to Naples after that night and ask yourself this, which emotion was more powerful ? the happiness we had a top player in Mata or the sadness that our club was in a crisis out off the, top four, battered in Italy and AVB losing the dressing room.

Compared to now, am i sad for Mata in his current situation? ofcourse hes a top guy and player who has served us well but in recent weeks we have played our best performances since 2010, and im really happy about that.

Call me old school but club > ANY ONE PLAYER

Cast your minds back to Naples after that night and ask yourself this, which emotion was more powerful ? the happiness we had a top player in Mata or the sadness that our club was in a crisis out off the, top four, battered in Italy and AVB losing the dressing room.

Compared to now, am i sad for Mata in his current situation? ofcourse hes a top guy and player who has served us well but in recent weeks we have played our best performances since 2010, and im really happy about that.

Selling him to united though?

It's arrogant of us to think united won't come back stronger next season, so why make it easier for them by selling mata?

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 29m

Talks are so far advanced that Mata is convinced he will have a medical before the weekend (Mail) #CFC #MUFC

would be the worst transfer since buying Torres. Mou moaned about La Liga being a two horse race...seems that he wants to get United back to top level, so the leage will get more competitive. otherwise there is no logical reason to explain this shit, if it happens.

if the only reason is one spot in brazil 2014,,loan to atleti is more acceptable for the reason :

1. play in your country league is better than anything.

2. atleti didn't have proper 10 (CMIIW)

3. atleti in the title race

4. and the last he guarantee to play regularly...

we can pay full of his wages. oh god,,if business in football as simple as that...

JUST DON'T GO TO THAT CUNT UNITED...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 29m

Talks are so far advanced that Mata is convinced he will have a medical before the weekend (Mail) #CFC #MUFC

would be the worst transfer since selling Torres. Mou moaned about La Liga being a two horse race...seems that he wants to get United back to top level, so the leage will get more competitive. otherwise there is no logical reason to explain this shit, if it happens.

There's no logic in that.

Well when I wake up tomorrow I will most likely read that the club won't sell at any cost and that will be the end of everything.

Like many have already mentioned, why sell to United? It's better to take a hit on the sale price by selling abroad to someone like PSG instead of helping to awake the 'sleeping giant'.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 29m

would be the worst transfer since buying Torres. Mou moaned about La Liga being a two horse race...seems that he wants to get United back to top level, so the leage will get more competitive. otherwise there is no logical reason to explain this shit, if it happens.

If it goes through then it must be because he thinks it's to the betterment of Chelsea. I highly doubt it'd be because he wants to help United because that would be extraordinarily poor management.

Can't believe we're actually still seeing Ramires playing on the right side. it's ridiculous the number of games Ramires has played this year.

If Mata was as bad as Oscar or Hazard were today, he'd been substituted in half time. double standards of peace. it's clear that Jose doesn't like him for some reason and he should cut the nonsense and give everyone a fair chance

A player a who scored 19 goals and 35 assists last year can't even get a start in 2 games in a row? BS. it's no rocket science that he's the only player who creates chances for our strikers. Hazard always cuts in and prefer to shoot, Oscar is all about tackling and individual moments. Look at Torres goals last year, more than half of them were created by Juan. our strikers are not getting chances, they have to depend on themselves to create something out of nothing. cahill created 2 of samuel's goals today ffs.

Really good points being brought up, particularly about the strikers having to create. Ramires has played so many minutes this year, a point I think a lot of people have not noticed. I think rammy adds a lot to the team and he is my favorite player but people need to realise that there are other options apart from a straight Mata/Oscar switch and by this I mean Oscar playing deeper and a system in which the two can play.